Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 02:49 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Actually Dane, me falling for Pres Bush, not really. There is something about him that I really didn't take to. Also, I'm not a follower of the whose who crowd in government or entertainment either...so most times I'm in the dark as to who they are, where they hail from. When he was elected into office the first time around, I had made new friends who began through email systematically sucking me into the politics and the people of politics. Before that, I got nothing, really. Also, since Obama's presidency I've been more inclined to go back to the not knowing. I have too much going on in my personal life that adding to it, that's a no.

Something was said about 1993 and at that time I was in college, going through a divorce and beginning a life as a single mom. So much of current events, I wasn't even aware of....with that said.

Love the link to the rolling stones. lol that's a good one. Remote control planes?? See I've heard that it was all a hollywood stunt and there were no planes used. Good to know the CTs have revised their story.

I do believe there were cover ups in the days that followed. I believe those doing their jobs, covered up the inefficiencies of their actions.
Although it was covered in the news and the Commission Report, I wanted more detail on the inefficiencies that were mentioned--the failure of the FAA to disseminate hijacking warnings to the people at the airport who would actually have face-to-face contact with passengers; the FBI field agents who kept trying to get warnings about the flight schools and other intel to their superiors and whose information was not passed along, and the egotistical walls in the higher levels of the various agencies that prevented them from sharing information. These problems were identified, but I haven't heard that much has been done to remedy any of it or that anyone was made accountable for failure to do their jobs, and I don't have much faith that anything has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
What happened at pear harbor is a good example of the president manipulating international politics to get us into a war. FDR cut oil and scrap shipments to Japan (at the time we were the worlds largest oil exporter). He moved the pacific fleet from San Diego to pearl. The person he offered the job of commander in chief of the pacific fleet turned down the job because he figured (correctly) that the fleet would be attacked at pearl harbor. So you can infer that FDR had been made aware that the likely action of the Japanese was to attack the fleet. FDR really wanted to get us into WWII. The political situation at home tho was strongly isolationistic. So he needed to move public opinion. Well pearl harbor did just that. There was absolutely no collusion between FDR and the Japanese. They did what he wanted (getting us into WWII) all on there own. FDR gave them no choice but to back down and eat humble pie, (loose face) or go to war. The parallels between Pearl harbor and 9/11 run deep. From day one in office Gorge W was get tough on Iraq. It was WMD this and WMD that. The decision had already been made to go in. He was just looking for an excuse. The priority for anti terrorism had been down graded. Leads were not followed up on. And well this is what I'd call willful ignorance. Choosing not to do your job because you want what will happen if you don't. Some food for thought.

The dude from Texas that keeps going on about how the buildings couldn't have come down like they did is drawing attention away from the real issue. What (then) POTUS didn't do that he needed to have done. He didn't stop it from happening!!!
I don't think FDR really thought the fleet would be taken out or that he would have allowed that to occur. There was a lot of chatter about a possible attack at Pearl Harbor, but it was thought that it would be a sabotage operation. The jets were all lined up in rows so that it would be easy to see people sneaking amongst them, but which turned out to be perfect for someone to bomb them in a straight line from the air.

One thing I've read that people don't take into account is the prevailing racism of the time. Most Americans, FDR included, thought that Asians could not see well because of the shape of their eyes, and therefore would not be effective at raids from the air. After they put a bomb down the smokestack of the Arizona, I guess that perception was changed.

It's also good to remember that while Bush did have the itch to go to Iraq, it wasn't his bright idea. Around '98, it was John Kerry who was pushing for an invasion of Iraq, and Clinton didn't want to bring us into a war. I do also suspect that there was some personal "Saddam you wanted to kill my Dad and so I'm going to get you" in GW Bush that was added into the mix.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You're more than welcome to stop breathing.

You first!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh that makes reaL sense, take the POTUS from a building and put him in a vehicle that a plane can crash into or a grenade can be thrown under.......

some tactician you would make
You really are a bright bulb aren't you? First, wasn't it BUILDINGS the planes were being crashed into?

And do you realize the idiocy of thinking that someone .... anyone ... could intentionally crash a jumbo jet into a car ? For crying out loud ... now I understand the problem here ... you're on another planet in an entirely different UNIVERSE.

The most highly trained fighter pilots flying the most agile and maneuverable aircraft in existence have a difficult enough time hitting an F'ing Aircraft Carrier. Mohamed Al Terrorist has as much chance of crashing a plane into a car as you have becoming the POTUS.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You've got to be kidding. I am beginning to suspect you are about twelve years old. All you do is post YouTube videos and call people names. I realize that you truly believe that I am creating scenarios.
That is precisely what you do ... that .. and post the same tired, ridiculous explanations that we've all heard for 9 years from the very suspects involved in the crime. Sorry, but ask any criminal ... did you do it ?.. the answer is more than likely going to be NO. You have a lot of nerve with the 12 year old crap .. I dare say your IQ is closer to 12 than my age is.

You won't even address the FACT that the FBI was involved in the 1993 WTC bombing .. and there is no denying that ... IT's ON AUDIO TAPE, collected by one of the FBI operatives running the operation. Yet you'll sit there an act as if this government is INCAPABLE of even considering doing such a thing? What does that say about your cognitive abilities?

You won't address the fact that FEMA's Building Performance Assessment Team who solidified the "official story" was comprised of the same individuals that also investigated the OKC bombing in 1995 .. which was another black operation, just like 1993 WTC, with the only distinction that they were more successful in 1995.

With 911, there was the blocking of efforts by legitimate FBI investigators tracking terror suspects in the months leading up to 911 .... followed by the stone walling by the Bush administration who didn't want any type of investigation after 911 .. followed by the subsequent scam of the 911 commission, which was as much of a fraud as the Warren Commission.

Remain in your dreamworld if you choose .. but don't insult people that don't share your childish view of the world.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I don't need to respond to this.
Then why are you? Oh ... you mean you don't have to address POINTS .. and continue to only present yours?

Quote:
Every one else did a better job than I ever could. And yet you still don't get it. I'm with the person that I read that said your dense.
Well, my "dense" arse is going to break down this waste of board space you've taken up here.

Quote:
Go back to Propaganda Matrix web site as you'll love that web site. It has everything in it. They, like you, try so hard to prove this stuff, that they disprove it! all at the same time. They also have a forum with new photos just released. They are good ones too. Do a click through, it's a fun web site.
Where I go is not your concern. Furthermore, a handful on this thread makes not a majority, nor makes you an authority. That you and others might view those who question the events of 911 as some tiny, radical fringe element is just further evidence of your complete disconnect with reality.

You couldn't care less about facts, or proof ... you have decided how you are going to view the world, and facts be damned. Your - "they try so hard to prove it, they disprove it" demonstrates your poor grasp of common sense and reason.

Quote:
As for as the digital TV, that came from the matrix web site. I put my comment in italics because I don't believe that crap. I don't believe it because of the infrared satellite system.

The thought police; the TV watching, those ideas come from the book 1984, which again I will tell you in the beginning of the book I got from the library to read and was reading it until, I thumbed back through to the front, where I found chronological order of his life's events. He wrote the book while he was in a hospital for the insane, okay. That's when I couldn't read it any more cause I understood--the author was off his meds! All of it made sense to me in a messed up sort of way, so I lost interest in the story. When people use him for a reference, I usually just shake my head. And they do it, this is an Orwellian. ooohhhhh
I dare say most of the thoughts you have come from somewhere other than yourself, which only highlights the importance of selecting your sources of opinions more carefully. If you can't process the information on your own, you should be especially careful who you trust.

That you don't IMMEDIATELY recognize the parallels between Orwell's 1984, and the world we live in today is cause enough for you to re-evaluate yourself.

Quote:
As for as Patriot Act, yes I believe they had spent time writing that up long before 9/11. I can see 'em doing it in case it is ever needed. What I don't see is any one reading it and seeing for themselves what's in it.

I also see the Pew Report Survey that polled people that said they were willing to 'give up' some of their rights for safety concerns. So the vote was in on that one and the real government which is us, spoke up!
You've demonstrated a mentality that shouldn't be trusted to cross the street alone, much less govern. You don't govern squat. Benjamin Franklin said it best "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Of course I'm sure you view yourself and your wisdom as superior to Mr. Franklin, don't you?

As for the Patriot Act, I have read it ... and I understand exactly what it does .. and that is to virtually make void all civil liberty protections offered by the constitution. Those who would debate that fact are either despots or mental midgets.

Quote:
Here's the real part that cracks me up though. You'd try to have us believe they are picking off their voters one by one. lol

Without us, the voters, to put them in office, what job are they going to do? lol They kill us, there goes their job security.
No, you were obviously cracked up when you got here. This has got to be the most brain dead comment yet on this entire board (no, I take that back .. it takes 2nd place to the other poster who claims the terrorists could crash a jet into the POTUS limo) EVEN IF this rather childlike view had any merit whatsoever (which it doesn't), roughly 50% of the voting age population don't vote. Add that to the other 100+ Million under the voting age, and you have over 200 Million people (roughly 2/3 of the entire population) that could disappear tomorrow, and never be noticed by the "politicians". As an aside, those 100 Million that do vote could in majority disappear too, and we would ALL be better off, as a good percentage of them don't have the mental capacity to be trusted with important decisions.

You might want to ask yourself if the Government has ever shown concern for the lives (votes) of the American people as they engage in the various wars that have cost so many lives ... routinely engaging in war activities that are sure to cost tens of thousands of lives? Are they concerned about losing those voters?

I can't believe thinking, breathing human beings can come up with such extreme idiocy, let alone voice it out loud.

Quote:
My comments on Bush's reaction came from---irrational thought process, preceding rational. That's me! Some times I can stay irrational for days, before the thought train tracks to rational...but I do get there! Others it must linger longer....that be you.
I got news for you, your "thought train" has derailed entirely. You're off the track, and heading down a dirt road.

Quote:
Bush was in shock and that shock was followed by anger and when a Texan gets angry, what do they do Tex? Offer up sweet tea? Or do they go get their sawed off and commence to put a stop to the tom foolery.

And that is why I say, we are in this war that many people do not support and they don't want to be in. There was a Texan in the Whitehouse.
Bush is from Connecticut ... not Texas ... and as I understand it, he is deathly afraid of horses. He's a fraud, a coward, and an idiot, born of a family of traitors to this country, dating back to Prescot Bush, the Nazi ... THIS IS WELL DOCUMENTED ... Grandaddy Bush's Union Trust Bank was seized by the US government under the "Trading with the Enemy" act during WW II.

Of course, lets not let facts or history effect your opinion or views ... God forbid.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
oh no, not the bush and the nazi's ploy, again

3/4 of america supported the nazi's from 1920-1939

ford, dow, dupont, gm, chrysler, all supported the nazi's

use your nazi ploy somewhere else

Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh no, not the bush and the nazi's ploy, again

3/4 of america supported the nazi's from 1920-1939

ford, dow, dupont, gm, chrysler, all supported the nazi's

use your nazi ploy somewhere else
It's too late. He's on to us. He's obviously figured out that we're just government plants who know nothing on our own and are mindlessly reciting what the chips in our heads tell us to say.

See you at the Fake Moon Landing Defense Conference? I hear the menu this year is out of this world!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Thanks, but running like hell is nothing to be particularly proud of. I just knew immediately that this was MUCH WORSE than '93. My coworker was yelling that we were going to die and I thought it might be a real possibility because the building felt as though it was going over sideways and smoke and fire was blasting out of a nearby elevator, but figured if I was gonna die I would die running. Also, she was younger than me, so the having-to-take-care-of-somebody-else instinct kicked in, which helped.

Ludlum's books were good stories. However, they are a bit dated now because the technology of the 70's and 80's isn't what it is now. The Bourne Identity movies are updated for today's audience.

I loved that stuff. When I was a kid I wanted to be the girl on the Impossible Mission Force.

That's funny (in a dark humor sort of way) that you thought it was a joke and somebody was going to get in trouble for it.
Yes, I did think it was a bad joke. I guess one should understand the day, typical of most accept for that I was on the road to work earlier than normal.

I handled accounts on the West Coast, so I didn't need to be at work until 9:00 a.m. But for that morning the kids were in school well before 8 a.m. and it's a 45 minute drive across Dallas to where I needed to be...and I'm driving thinking, 'man, I wish I had stopped in at Macie D's for sausage biscuit'. Then glancing at the time the followed thought, 'plenty of time to do that when I get across town'.

The morning radio show was on the and I'm listening to them crack one joke after another. Then they stop and say--'this just in,..a plane has just struck one of the towers at the WTC in NY'. Because they were always joking around about stuff I thought, 'what a war of the world skit? Bad joke very bad.'

Sometime between my stop and start traffic and my getting to my work place and finding out the doors are locked cause I'm way early, that it clicked they were not joking around! I did get that sausage biscuit. As I said I was early so I backed out of the parking area and went for breakfast. When I got back to the parking area a co-worker showed up and said she was going to set the TV up in the conference room.

We all gathered there---and that is where I must stop with the days events for me.

I know you were running for your life. In a weird way, I was there too. I'm just so damed sensitive, I'm crying again...I'm sorry, I can't do this..

Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I don't think FDR really thought the fleet would be taken out or that he would have allowed that to occur. There was a lot of chatter about a possible attack at Pearl Harbor, but it was thought that it would be a sabotage operation. The jets were all lined up in rows so that it would be easy to see people sneaking amongst them, but which turned out to be perfect for someone to bomb them in a straight line from the air.
The history of Pearl Harbor has some similarity to 911, though Pearl Harbor, and the events leading to it are far more complex, and far less obvious. It is a fact that a study was done to identify a set of situations that would result in Japan attacking the US, under the auspices of predicting Japanese actions. What is not commonly understood is that FDR went about purposely creating that exact environment and conditions, cornering the Japanese, and instigating that attack. How much FDR knew, and when he knew has been subject to much debate for 60+ years, but there are tangible pieces of evidence to suggest that FDR did indeed know, and withheld that critical information from Admiral Kimmel, commander of Pearl Harbor.

Author of the book "Day of Deceit", Robert Stinnett reviewed during his 16 year investigation over 200,000 documents obtained under FOIA, which led him to conclude that FDR not only had foreknowledge of the attacks, but purposely created the situation that would lead to the Japanese attack in order to foment public support for entering WW II. An interview with Stinnett, can be read here:

Do Freedom of Information Act Files Prove FDR Had Foreknowledge of Pearl Harbor?: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

Now, for all of the CD jockeys here that already know everything there is to know about history (ostensibly from a semester in school and Hollywood movies) you may not care what Stinnett has uncovered. But for those truly interested in the facts, an accurate understanding of history is vital to understanding current events.

Quote:
One thing I've read that people don't take into account is the prevailing racism of the time. Most Americans, FDR included, thought that Asians could not see well because of the shape of their eyes, and therefore would not be effective at raids from the air. After they put a bomb down the smokestack of the Arizona, I guess that perception was changed.
I don't know where you got this from (please provide a link, otherwise I consider this yet another of your delusions) but whatever the source, it's preposterous ... totally, absolutely, inconceivably asinine. That's all I'll say.

Quote:
It's also good to remember that while Bush did have the itch to go to Iraq, it wasn't his bright idea. Around '98, it was John Kerry who was pushing for an invasion of Iraq, and Clinton didn't want to bring us into a war. I do also suspect that there was some personal "Saddam you wanted to kill my Dad and so I'm going to get you" in GW Bush that was added into the mix.
It's also good to remember ... or discover for the first time that the US had already planned military operations in Afghanistan, and notified certain "allies" of such plans in early 2001, informing them that the US planned military action would commence by the Fall of 2001.

It's also important to familiarize oneself with the Project For A New American Century (PNAC) that in 1998 espoused a new foreign policy doctrine of more aggressive application of US military superiority worldwide, but that such a shift in overall doctrine would likely prove difficult to gain acceptance without another "Pearl Harbor Type Event" to foment support, both at home and abroad. The primary authors of PNAC coincidentally made up a significant portion of the Bush administration, and oh how "LUCKY" they were to get their "Pearl Harbor Type Event" on 911, which has led to 2 Wars, several pieces of draconian legislation, a new Department of Homeland Security, and the shift to preemptive wars of aggression, based on lies and fabrications.

But they wouldn't have done anything like 911, would they? Oh noooo, it was just a coincidence ... just one big fat lucky coincidence that landed in their laps ... the great excuse for the congress to sign over a blank check for endless war, and restrictions of liberty to deal with that pesky public that might object to America invading countries, torturing detainees, and breaking American and International laws by the dozen.

And the dummied down US populace remains sleep walking through life, and believes every hair brained lie they are told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies