Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I guess Thermite looks like an ironworker

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/PotOGold/ironworker3rr.jpg
Suddenly it all makes sense.

You see, that metal worker is a very private individual who keeps so much to himself that his coworkers named him "The Hermit". Which of course led to conversations like "Those I-beams were cut by the Hermit, right?" or "This is definitely the work of the Hermit" or even "The Hermit has been all over the building". Just add a New York accent and we have the root of the entire misunderstanding.

Glad we got that cleared up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Honestly, how did you react when you heard about the attacks?
Did you just continue what you were doing, or did you perhaps get excited and started cursing, yelling, some kind of reaction...
The way Bush just continued reading childrens books is mindboggling, it has got to get you thinking.
Come'on
I worked in mid town,,,,I didnt just 'hear' about the attacks, I lived through them

as far as bush goes:
For President Bush, Sept. 11 2001, started with the usual routine. Before dawn, the president was on his four-mile run.

It was just before 6 a.m., and at the same moment, another man was on the move: Mohammad Atta, who was caught by a security camera on his way to lead the attack against America.

Two hours later, as Mr. Bush drove to an elementary school, hijackers on four planes were murdering the flight crews and turning the airliners east. As the motorcade neared the school at 8:45 a.m., jet engines echoed in Manhattan.

Atta plunged the 767 jumbo jet into World Trade Center Tower One.

“I thought it was an accident,” says Mr. Bush. “I thought it was a pilot error. I thought that some foolish soul had gotten lost - and made a terrible mistake.”

Mr. Bush was told about the first plane just before sitting down with a class of second graders. He was watching a reading drill when, just after 9 a.m., United Flight 175 exploded into the second tower.

There was the sudden realization that what had seemed like a terrible mistake was a coordinated attack on the nation - live on TV.

Back in the Florida classroom, press secretary Ari Fleischer got the news on his pager. The president’s chief-of-staff, Andy Card, stepped in.

“A second plane hit the second tower; America is under attack,” Card told the president. What was Mr. Bush's reaction?

“I saw him coming to recognition of what I had said,” recalls Card. “I think he understood that he was going to have to take command as commander-in-chief, not just as president.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was going through Bush’s mind when he heard the news?

“We’re at war and somebody has dared attack us and we’re going to do something about it,” recalls Mr. Bush. “I realized I was in a unique setting to receive a message that somebody attacked us, and I was looking at these little children and all of the sudden we were at war. I can remember noticing the press pool and the press corps beginning to get the calls and seeing the look on their face. And it became evident that we were, you know, that the world had changed.”

Mr. Bush walked into a classroom set up with a secure phone. He called the vice president, pulling the phone cord tight as he spun to see the attack on TV. Then he grabbed a legal pad and quickly wrote his first words to the nation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is a difficult moment for America,” he said in the speech. “Today, we’ve had a national tragedy. Two airplanes have crashed into the World Trade Center in an apparent terrorist attack on our country.”

It was 9:30 a.m. As he spoke, Mr. Bush didn’t know that two more hijacked jets were streaking toward Washington. Vice President Dick Cheney was in his office at the White House when a Secret Service agent ran in.

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-25-2010 at 11:16 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and how fast did congress take to present the stimulus and omnibus bills...5000 pages and 2 days.....again you are grasping at straws
They don't draft 5000 pages in two days, and anyone that suggests they do is presenting fantasies. Weeks and months go into drafting legislation ... these aren't memos .... they are laws, and this over simplification is an absurd suggestion.

And the next "explanation" has some problems too ... even if you believe that Mr. "Kenney" didn't know what day he arrived in NY.

Quote:
Mr. Tom Kenney: "We're currently one of the first teams that was deployed to support the City of NY for this disaster. We arrived on late Monday night and went into action on Tuesday morning, and not until today did we get a full opportunity to work the entire site..."

Right away we have a number of inconsistencies:

* Dan Rather erred when he pronounced the name of his guest, but immediately corrected himself and continued. Those raising this theory about prior knowledge did not listen carefully to the audio feed.

* Rather also stated that Mr. Kenney was a rescue worker with the National Urban Search & Rescue, a part of FEMA. This would eventually prove to be somewhat inaccurate. According to FEMAs web site, the concept of using a combination of various resources performing the functions of urban search and rescue was based on a model concept developed in the early 1980s down in Florida.

* Did Mr. Kenney, during an interview in the middle of the most horrendous disaster in American history on home soil inadvertently give the wrong day he was deployed?

According to two press news releases from FEMA dated September 11, 2002, deployment was as follows:

FEMA Responds to Terrorism Attacks

"FEMA is working closely with the White House and federal agencies to provide assistance following several apparent terrorism attacks today...An operation plan for these types of acts is in place, and FEMA is currently implementing them."

Later in the day, they issued a second press release:

"In response to the apparent terrorist events, FEMA's Washington-based Emergency Response Team (EST) has fully activated and on 24-hour operations. All 10 of the FEMA regions - headquartered in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Denton, TX, Denver, San Francisco and Bothell, Wash. - are also fully activated.

"FEMA has activated the Federal Response Plan... Already, FEMA has deployed eight Urban Search & Rescue teams (US&R) to New York City to search for victims in the affected buildings. "In response to the apparent terrorist events, FEMA"

Several months later in another press release from FEMA, a list of operations and teams was listed: "The first teams at the WTC site were Pennsylvania Task Force (TF)1 and Massachusetts TF1, both arriving on
September 11, 2001."

But does any of this prove or disprove the theory that Mr. Kenney arrived in NYC the night before the attacks? We have already established that it was not a Tom Kennedy, it was a Tom Kenney (from the audio feed). I finally received a reply to my FOIA appeal, which, I believe, puts the matter to rest.

Mr. Kenney is a member of the Massachusetts Urban Search & Rescue Task Force. (Massachusetts Task Force 1) They are contracted by FEMA to respond immediately upon receiving activation orders. As was noted above in a FEMA press release, Massachusetts, designated as Task Force 1 Area, were one of the first two teams to arrive at the WTC.

The Activation order from FEMA was issued on September 12, 2001, effective immediately.
The activation order was issues on September 12th ????

OK, Kenney says he arrived "Monday Night (9-10)". FEMA says he was deployed Tuesday night (9-11) (he was just confused about the day of the week ... much more unusual than confusing the date). FEMA's "activation" order was issued 9-12? Then how was Kenney there on 9-11 if the activation order was not issued until 9-12 ?

Quote:
bush stated that he saw the "news' of the hit...not the DIRECT hit.. and commented " what a bad pilot"
No, he said he saw the the "plane" hit the Tower, not the "news of". Do you think people aren't going to check this? Do you think you can just make things up as you go ... and nobody will verify?

Here is exactly what he said:

YouTube - Bush Saw The First Plane Hit! Advanced Knowledge of 9/11?

Old 02-25-2010, 11:35 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times

YouTube - 9/11 - The Top of the North Tower Is Leaning - NYPD Warning

This one does it for me. The last tower standing was leaning before it fell. That says progressive failure Not planned demolition. No bombs.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times

YouTube - 9/11 South Tower Collapse North and East Face with Audio
Watch the lower corner of the upper part of the building as it aperes to push on the floors below.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

No, he said he saw the the "plane" hit the Tower, not the "news of". Do you think people aren't going to check this? Do you think you can just make things up as you go ... and nobody will verify?

Here is exactly what he said:

YouTube - Bush Saw The First Plane Hit! Advanced Knowledge of 9/11?
OH SO YO want to use a 'youtube' video of his exact words....obama said 57 states...did he mean that???

when he said I saw the first plane, he CLEARLY meant he saw the news of it

Lets think about this logically. President Bush cannot get out a single sentence correctly his first try to save his life.

This is like me saying "I remember seeing the Challenger explode" even though I didn't see it live, I saw people talking about it on the news. It is not an uncommon way people could say they were made aware of a situation. He says "I remember seeing the plane hit the first tower." which could very well have the same meaning to most people that aren't looking desperately for a conspiracy branch to grab onto - the exact same as "I remember seeing the news reports of the plane hitting the first tower and the live pictures of the tower burning."

darn you are dense

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-25-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Honestly, how did you react when you heard about the attacks?
Did you just continue what you were doing, or did you perhaps get excited and started cursing, yelling, some kind of reaction...
The way Bush just continued reading childrens books is mindboggling, it has got to get you thinking.
Come'on
I don't get this. Do people really think that the POTUS can just get up and run out of a room at will?

There are security protocols that are rehearsed regularly. The country was under attack. He had to sit there until he was told what to do. Why don't people know this? It seems to me to be common sense.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't get this. Do people really think that the POTUS can just get up and run out of a room at will?

There are security protocols that are rehearsed regularly. The country was under attack. He had to sit there until he was told what to do. Why don't people know this? It seems to me to be common sense.
Unfortunately, common sense isn't common.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
OH SO YO want to use a 'youtube' video of his exact words....obama said 57 states...did he mean that???

when he said I saw the first plane, he CLEARLY meant he saw the news of it

Lets think about this logically. President Bush cannot get out a single sentence correctly his first try to save his life.

This is like me saying "I remember seeing the Challenger explode" even though I didn't see it live, I saw people talking about it on the news. It is not an uncommon way people could say they were made aware of a situation. He says "I remember seeing the plane hit the first tower." which could very well have the same meaning to most people that aren't looking desperately for a conspiracy branch to grab onto - the exact same as "I remember seeing the news reports of the plane hitting the first tower and the live pictures of the tower burning."

darn you are dense
I'm not dense, but you sure are a story teller and an F'ing mind reader too! Your little story about Bush's morning routines and this step by step account of his movements on the morning of 911 would suggest you are his personal aid as well. Which is it, were you in NY that morning or Florida? Wait, don't tell me ... you were at both places that morning at the same time. Not only that, but you have the ability to know what Bush was thinking ... and not just what he was saying?

Melodramatic nonsense " as Bush contemplated the grave situation he found himself thrust into ... he strained to hold back his expressions so as not to alarm the children ... the children he gazed upon ... those innocent faces of the young children who's lives stood in the balance of the decisions he would ultimately be making in the coming minutes ... the coming hours. In just an instant, split second in time, history was unfolding, and the President found himself in the throws of a metamorphosis ... he was no longer just the President, but was now the Commander in Chief, and the nation was now at war". (so touching ... don't you think?) Kinda makes you turn all red white and blue.

You're a cut and past jockey, without the ability to even understand what YOU post, much less what I post.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I'm not dense, but you sure are a story teller and an F'ing mind reader too! Your little story about Bush's morning routines and this step by step account of his movements on the morning of 911 would suggest you are his personal aid as well. Which is it, were you in NY that morning or Florida? Wait, don't tell me ... you were at both places that morning at the same time. Not only that, but you have the ability to know what Bush was thinking ... and not just what he was saying?

The President's Story - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies