Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times

Advertisements

Yet these same Obama haters just love Palin's "you betchas" and leaving the "g" off of every "ing" word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yet these same Obama haters just love Palin's "you betchas" and leaving the "g" off of every "ing" word.
Ya really gotta keep it simple and folksy ....

ya know???

Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM

805 posts, read 774,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Did anyone see the interview with Michelle Obama and Huckabee? It was a nice interview, but I never expected someone so used to public speaking saying "you know" about 2x in each sentance. It was just as annoying as when Caroline Kennedy "ummed" her way through that interview that sunk her chances for NY Governor, or Senator or whatever.
ummm... you know... like...ummmm.... she's like... you know....edjumacated! And... ummm....that's like.... ummmm... you know... like .... you know... her strong suit!

For shizzle! roflmao

Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
There is one "you know" that we all know. When the hussein obama's (who have been terrified of appearing on Fox News) "you know" and they know, they are in big trouble in the eyes of the American people.

Up to this time they would only appear on the slobbering liberal lame stream news.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:34 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
ummm... you know... like...ummmm.... she's like... you know....edjumacated! And... ummm....that's like.... ummmm... you know... like .... you know... her strong suit!

For shizzle! roflmao
It makes me think about the Clinton presidency and how people bad mouthed Hillary - another smart lady - you know?

Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post

For shizzle! roflmao
I was laughing at Sarah too! You betcha

Maybe she's using GWB's "strategery" and she's "gonna smoke 'em out"

Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,754,604 times
Quote:
Did anyone see the interview with Michelle Obama and Huckabee? It was a nice interview, but I never expected someone so used to public speaking saying "you know" about 2x in each sentance. It was just as annoying as when Caroline Kennedy "ummed" her way through that interview that sunk her chances for NY Governor, or Senator or whatever.
It's just as annoying, you know, as when someone spells "sentance."

Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
She and the president both suffer from terrible public speaking crutches and habits. I can give her a break, because she really has not been a public speaker all her adult life. I know its really annoying, and her people should be working with her to break her habit, you know.

The president on the other hand, has been a public speaker most of his adult life, either as a community organizer, a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School, a state senator, and now as the president.

The fact that none of his advisers or public speaking coaches have been unable to break his terrible habit of "umms", "ahhs" and "tuhs" makes it clear that 0bama is egotistical, undisciplined and a narcissist, that he will not except criticism or advice even in something that he does for a living; public speaking.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
This must be unprecedented, you betcha'.

What I want to know is how did her garden turn out? I mean all the sweaty labor over veggies n' all?

I sweated too, but I am still eattin' my labor, and not sweatin' anymore, but I will be soon since it takes me 1/2 cord of white pine to fire my sugarin' rig, and make maple suga', as 1 gallon.

I wouldn't give 2 cents for the both of them you know? (Not even the copper clad zinc cents, which are best used as sacrifical metals on cars and boats to prevent electrolysis) Ahya'

Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
It really becomes a bad habit, and it is because the speaker cannot articulate their thougts. So, they throw in "you know" in hopes that the listener really does "know" what they are talking about.

This is unlike people who say "ummm" a lot, who really are just pausing ("ummm" is a place holder) while they formulate the next thought. It too is a bad habit; but many otherwise good speakers do it. I think in a lot of cases it is to keep from being interupted before they finish thier thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies