Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. split up?
Yes 40 37.04%
No 58 53.70%
Not sure 10 9.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
...fruits & nuts!
Hey man, no need to get offensive. After all, I don't live in California so you have no right to call me that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 PM

948 posts, read 894,595 times
Quote:
Sorry bud but McVeigh & the current GOP radicals are one in the same. And will end up exactly like their saint Timothy! Executed! So be it!
Are you completely deranged???

Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Rotten fruits & nuts!

you are correct, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree, just look at the democrat party. all the nuts and fruits are not far from the tree of liberalism.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,594 times
North America, 2010:

Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I'm a coastie and for long was biased against "the South" thinking it was some backwards religious loon region of the USA. I'm sure parts of it are. But now that I live in "the South" my view on regionalism and regional attitudes has been completely transformed.

I've experienced parts of the Pac Northwest that felt more pre civil rights era than anywhere I've been in the south, thus far.

The OP's idea, this is a big topic. But all I have to say for Americans is don't judge a region until you have travelled it, lived in it, experienced it. The North vs. South thing is pretty silly these days. The USA is a fairly young, feisty and incredibly diverse nation. It makes sense to wonder if there should be divisions. But it's probably not going to happen. Not unless we're willing to see our country go through an awful civil war. I don't think most Americans these days are really equipped to deal with war. Wal marts sell out of goods in 24 hours whenever there is a blip of a catastrophe, such as 1999 turning to 2000. The majority of people don't want to live in tent cities during war times or hunker down in their homes with arms. The US American populace is honestly too naive to understand what this would entail.
Agreed. As a country, even the poor, have had it relatively soft and easy compared to other parts of the world where poverty and war are a way of life. We are soft-bellied, out of shape, unable to defend ourselves (for the most part) and a nation of sheep, to paint it with a wide brush. There are of course exceptions.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
North America, 2010:

Pretty good description, although I'm thinking this might be the final outcome. The South, Midwest and Mountain region might be separate before deciding to integrate into a new US nation. The Canadian states might've chosen their fate because they have no natural resources to speak of and Canada worked out a deal with them. Cali being part of Mexico? Possible, although maybe the Northern part of the state becoming Canadian instead perhaps? Keep in mind that inland portions of Cali are fairly conservative and may want to be part of the US. Also, the "Alabama" of Pennsylvania (between Pitt and Philly) may be part of the US as well as Maine and NH if a corridor could be established.

Bust out the popcorn...this is gonna get GOOD!

948 posts, read 894,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Agreed. As a country, even the poor, have had it relatively soft and easy compared to other parts of the world where poverty and war are a way of life. We are soft-bellied, out of shape, unable to defend ourselves (for the most part) and a nation of sheep, to paint it with a wide brush. There are of course exceptions.
Don't worry. All men in Texas own at least 5 guns, a closet full of ammo and a cross. We got ya back buddy.

Oh yeah and we work out daily and consume nothing but raw meat and Creatine shakes.

Nasty crap actually.

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you are correct, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree, just look at the democrat party. all the nuts and fruits are not far from the tree of liberalism.
Touche! and real original, not!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,925,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
My GF is from WI so you may want to rethink WI. NOT a liberal state. You can have East coast And West Coast and LIKE IT!!!
You might want to check a few history books, or some political sites, and brush up on your "blue" and "red" states in the last few elections.

WI, MN, MI, and IL have been solidly "blue" in the past 3 elections; Iowa has gone blue twice, and even OH went once; if you insist on having MO and IN, I won't quibble.

New England has fantastic scenery; I really don't recall anyone fawning over the dust of Nevada...

WI's moniker is the "Progressive State"...please...

Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Are you completely deranged???
As I recall, McVeigh was the one who was deranged! His cause is identical to the radical GOP terrorists, militias and total psychos. The United States has had to deal with traitors in the past and can certainly deal with these yahoos now. It will be fun to watch on TV. Honest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies