Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. split up?
Yes 40 37.04%
No 58 53.70%
Not sure 10 9.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It is not whether I think it's a good thing or not. It is inevitable.

I agree with you summers, it is only a matter of time before a cultural divide happens in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 PM

948 posts, read 894,706 times
Well now that everyone has absolutely faaaabulous health care if we do have a civil war we can just sail into the emergency room and be back on the field in no time.

But seriously folks, I'm just afeered of Texas seceding and the rest of the country sinking into the ocean.

Hehehe.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Yes. I do think many of my fellow Americans are that stupid. Especially the ones who live their lives on public assistance. They'll vote for whomever continues to throw money at them. And they are either too dumb, too uneducated, or too lazy to care that the free money they so willingly accept is nothing but hush money. Obama is going to keep them dumb and poor.The Democrats will give them just enough to keep them quiet and get their vote.

Oh he's delivered. It's just not the kind of change we wanted. At least not for those of us who have found a way not to completely suck at life.
So what's your citizens solution or is your m.o. to just bitc$ and not offer solutions in life?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Geez 18 of you bozos actually said yes??? For f**k's sake, don't you see thats what the Washington traitors want? Why the hell do you think all the talking heads from Beck to Rush always downplay a third political party? I think Savage is the only one with any damn common sense that sees it's all bs. Most of us aren't actually Dem or Pub but in between. The gray area. I don't want the Tea Party but the Gray Party.

A country split has no strength.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Geez 18 of you bozos actually said yes??? For f**k's sake, don't you see thats what the Washington traitors want? Why the hell do you think all the talking heads from Beck to Rush always downplay a third political party? I think Savage is the only one with any damn common sense that sees it's all bs. Most of us aren't actually Dem or Pub but in between. The gray area. I don't want the Tea Party but the Gray Party.

a country split will mean war and alot of people dying, especcially politicians.

I dont want to see americans dying over a war in the usa. politicians can go to hell in a handbasket, but not the normal people.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 PM

And another thing I have some good friends that are Democrats. We just don't talk politics so I won't have to choke them till blue. It's not that Liberals are ignorant or stupid, it's just they know so much that isn't so.

Can't hate 'em for that.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Yes. I do think many of my fellow Americans are that stupid...
Its helps that this is just teh internets. Anybody can claim to be genius. It need not be proven (no matter how stupid their posts sounds or that they can't frame a single logical argument).

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
a country split will mean war and alot of people dying, especcially politicians.

I dont want to see americans dying over a war in the usa. politicians can go to hell in a handbasket, but not the normal people.
You mentioned politicians dying and I got a little wood for a minute. Not all, just most in Washington. We can threaten the state/locals from any higher aspirations, therefore saving them.

I swear when I hear Pelosi laugh that swarmy, arrogant laugh I want to grab a wristrocket and a good sized Walnut and bean her right between the eyes from about 50ft. If I had to spend a mo in jail it'd be worth it.

No more than a mo. though. After a mo. it gets real tedious.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post

Oh it does for some people buddy. They see the split as a godsend for the vote (or prayer) of the majority that will go for the constiutent that has NO HONEST INTENT of supporting it's constituents. You people get all fuzzy thinking about Palin or whoever else. Wake up call. These politiicans could give a shi& less about you. Palin cares more about her bankroll than she does about your support! Continue feeding Palin your money! In the end you'll see the lost cause.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Oh it does for some people buddy. They see the split as a godsend for the vote (or prayer) of the majority that will go for the constiutent that has NO HONEST INTENT of supporting it's constituents. You people get all fuzzy thinking about Palin or whoever else. Wake up call. These politiicans could give a shi& less about you. Palin cares more about her bankroll than she does about your support! Continue feeding Palin your money! In the end you'll see the lost cause.
Hey pal don't even pretend you know me I'm not in Palin's camp. Now if she wanted to.....

oh oh uhem where was I? I was born at night but not last night. I trust her about as far as I can throw her. She was on McCain's ticket helloooo dead giveaway. A politician can have all the bright ideas and moral based aspirations they want but when they reach the big show, the deal makers and bankers tell them how it's done. Yeah, I got that awhile back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies