Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. split up?
Yes 40 37.04%
No 58 53.70%
Not sure 10 9.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
We don't need to. The right wing mindset is dying on the vine. With the ascendancy of the younger generation, liberalism will reign everywhere.

Right.......................

Wait until those college kids have to get jobs and have to pay taxes. Barry just saddled them with the largest debt in the history of the world. They will turn, I am afraid, to the other extreme and will tell the "dependent class" (us older folks) to stick our entitlements and fend for ourselves. No one (who is sane) will consent to be enslaved by another generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
As I recall, McVeigh was the one who was deranged! His cause is identical to the radical GOP terrorists, militias and total psychos. The United States has had to deal with traitors in the past and can certainly deal with these yahoos now. It will be fun to watch on TV. Honest!

please go read up how tim mcveigh made the device and such. it was impossible to make such a device without goverment help. I also noticed that major legislation came out from slick willy right after it happened. so i dont put it past the feds who probably in fact helped tim mcveigh make the bomb in the 1st place.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right.......................

Wait until those college kids have to get jobs and have to pay taxes. Barry just saddled them with the largest debt in the history of the world. They will turn, I am afraid, to the other extreme and will tell the "dependent class" (us older folks) to stick our entitlements and fend for ourselves. No one (who is sane) will consent to be enslaved by another generation.
Have you read some of the posts; they already are. I'm not "old" but the ageism expressed in this forum is really quite disturbing.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Actually I think the wingnuts should be corralled in the sates of Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Alabama.

They'd feel right at home....for those states are known for religious fundamentalism, homophobia, and racism..
But you making a sweeping generalization against the millions of people in 4 states isn't prejudging anything, right?

PS We don't all ride horses to work and wear cowboy hats, either.
Maybe you should get out more.

Quote:
Right, the Republican terrorists will most certainly "get their just due." As I recall, Timothy McVie was executed after murdering 168 Americans, including 19 children. Enemies of America always have their place: prisons!

I am still waiting for the feds to get their execution for their murder of men women and children at waco. maybe 1 day we wont have to wait so long.

that wench reno should be the 1st to sit on the chair.

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
You might want to check a few history books, or some political sites, and brush up on your "blue" and "red" states in the last few elections.

WI, MN, MI, and IL have been solidly "blue" in the past 3 elections; Iowa has gone blue twice, and even OH went once; if you insist on having MO and IN, I won't quibble.

New England has fantastic scenery; I really don't recall anyone fawning over the dust of Nevada...

WI's moniker is the "Progressive State"...please...
The problem is that there are rural factions in all of these states, outside Milwaukee and Chicago for example, that may be prove difficult to even retain this tiny portion of property.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Don't worry. All men in Texas own at least 5 guns, a closet full of ammo and a cross. We got ya back buddy.

Oh yeah and we work out daily and consume nothing but raw meat and Creatine shakes.

Nasty crap actually.

My daughter's boyfriend is a Texan and we were suprised to learn that he owned no guns! So we took him out and my girl showed him how to shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns. He loved it. I knew that every Texan had it in them.

I like the above map. It would get rid of alot of the loonies. However, New Mexico is liberal central and should go to Mexico.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM

948 posts, read 894,706 times
Quote:
As I recall, McVeigh was the one who was deranged! His cause is identical to the radical GOP terrorists, militias and total psychos. The United States has had to deal with traitors in the past and can certainly deal with these yahoos now. It will be fun to watch on TV. Honest!
I was right all along. California IS like a bowl of granola. What ain't fruits & nuts is flakes.

How is California doing by the way? Guess that ATM finally ran out.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
please go read up how tim mcveigh made the device and such. it was impossible to make such a device without goverment help. I also noticed that major legislation came out from slick willy right after it happened. so i dont put it past the feds who probably in fact helped tim mcveigh make the bomb in the 1st place.
I thought there was a middle-east tie to all that (with Nichols & McVeigh) along with FBI informants and that the FBI knew about the bomb-threat in advance. That is supposedly why the FBI had vacated their office that morning in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and none of thier personel were injured. As for the bomb making...wasn't that Nichol's work?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I thought there was a middle-east tie to all that (with Nichols & McVeigh) along with FBI informants and that the FBI knew about the bomb-threat in advance. That is supposedly why the FBI had vacated their office that morning in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and none of thier personel were injured.

from what I understand, the only office to already have been evacuated was the batf office. makes for some very strange circumstances. the batf knew, they did not want their own agents to get wacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies