Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:55 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, almost all of them take place in occupied countries. In the US masses of radicals are threatening violent revolution only because their own president does things they don't like. Just imagine if a huge army from the Muslim world came to the US, shot civilian Americans, told them what to do, etc. I guess you would also have suicide attacks carried out by Americans.
(In no way do I support any radicals, be it American Christians, Muslim Arabs or whoever. I despise all religions.)
Every few weeks there is a large suicide bombing in Pakistan. Or how about the GIA in Algeria with their colorful traditions of eye-gouging and throat slitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Is Sharia Law here to stay now?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I watched the 2-part episode yesterday and there was nothing in there that needed censoring. Amusingly, the first part didn't censor anything (episode 200) while the second part (episode 201) bleeped out every utterance of "Muhammad" and his image AND the moral-of-the-story speeches given at the end.

They had already shown Muhammad in a previous episode, "Super Friends", which was actually part of the story line and why I originally thought the bleeps and edits were part of a joke.

With Matt and Trey you never really know if the joke is on you or not As it stands it was pretty funny and I'm still not sure they didn't do it just to mess with everyone.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I watched the 2-part episode yesterday and there was nothing in there that needed censoring. Amusingly, the first part didn't censor anything (episode 200) while the second part (episode 201) bleeped out every utterance of "Muhammad" and his image AND the moral-of-the-story speeches given at the end.

They had already shown Muhammad in a previous episode, "Super Friends", which was actually part of the story line and why I originally thought the bleeps and edits were part of a joke.

With Matt and Trey you never really know if the joke is on you or not As it stands it was pretty funny and I'm still not sure they didn't do it just to mess with everyone.
It was a good, but not a great episode. I thought the "ginger" angle with Kartman was better than the whole Mohammed thing. The Barbara Streisand monster was great. Our family is pretty darn Catholic, but we think it is funny as hell when Jesus (usually paired with Santa) meters out some ass kickings along with the "Super Friends".

I thought that the "censored" parts were a part of the comedy and not real censorship.

Southpark is funny as hell.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Two thumbs down for Comedy Central.

Most importantly are the Islamists happy now that the West has once again caved in and kowtowed to their demands? They have proven once again that they can and will get their way through threats and intimidation and force the West to censor broadcast material. Why are we are being required to live and function under the rule of Islam?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Two thumbs down for Comedy Central.

Most importantly are the Islamists happy now that the West has once again caved in and kowtowed to their demands? They have proven once again that they can and will get their way through threats and intimidation and force the West to censor broadcast material. Why are we are being required to live and function under the rule of Islam?
If anything, this will only encourage other groups to threaten violence to get what they want, since it clearly works. However, nobody will make excuses for them, so there is a difference.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I don't think there were threats and I still think it's all a gag. Seriously, how does bleeping stuff in 1/2 of the episode but not the other 1/2 accomplish anything? Plus, the ongoing reaction of the public is almost as funny as the jokes in the show. Hehehe

My favorite was when the "head ginger" revealed himself! Like Stan said in the beginning, they were just rehasing old stuff but it sure made for a great retrospective of the series without just showing old clips like many others do when they hit a milestone.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
"Draw Mohhamed Day" is a movement that grew out of this whole fiasco. I for one, hope it spreads like a virus!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/com...d_day_ga.htmlv

Quote:
Postings on the Islamic website RevolutionMuslim.com led last week to Comedy Central bleeping a "South Park" speech about fear and intimidation. That network censorship, however, has spawned another cartoon event: "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" -- a campaign that might not be so easily quieted.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
I'm going to do my part

and I'll start by posting another link to the story: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

These people need to be shut up and their cult needs to be dismantled once and for all.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:47 PM

296 posts, read 273,550 times
We absolutely must get rid of these insane freaks if this is true. It is not a religion at all.

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies