Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't know, either. i used to watch it regularly years ago and don't recall seeing them make fun of islam.
I can't recall them making fun of Islam but I do recall them making fun of Afghanistan and Osama bin Laden and there is a scene when he's praying.

South Park Episode Player - Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants

And they made fun of Family Guy in relation to showing Mohammed in Cartoon Wars.

"The season 10 episodes "Cartoon Wars Part I" and "Cartoon Wars Part II" feature a plot in which the Fox network plans to air an episode of the animated show Family Guy that contains an uncensored cartoon depiction of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad. Residents of South Park panic, fearing a terrorist response and a repeat of the real-life violent protests and riots that occurred worldwide after some Muslims regarded the prophet's cartoon depiction in a Danish newspaper as insulting and blasphemous."

South Park controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have gone after Christianity, Scientology, Mormans and even Atheists and Judaism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can't recall them making fun of Islam but I do recall them making fun of Afghanistan and Osama bin Laden and there is a scene when he's praying.

South Park Episode Player - Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants

And they made fun of Family Guy in relation to showing Mohammed in Cartoon Wars.

"The season 10 episodes "Cartoon Wars Part I" and "Cartoon Wars Part II" feature a plot in which the Fox network plans to air an episode of the animated show Family Guy that contains an uncensored cartoon depiction of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad. Residents of South Park panic, fearing a terrorist response and a repeat of the real-life violent protests and riots that occurred worldwide after some Muslims regarded the prophet's cartoon depiction in a Danish newspaper as insulting and blasphemous."

South Park controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have gone after Christianity, Scientology, Mormans and even Atheists and Judaism.

If Parker and Stone had been killed, would liberals have asked us to "understand" why it happened like they do for all other islamic terrorism?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
These loons just crave attention - which our media so willingly gives them. The media has to stop. Try reporting on real things that happen - instead of trying to give these fringe groups credibility and pandering to the let's be afraid, be very afraid crap. It's getting very old.
I feel the exact same way about the Tea Party. Funny how fringe groups resemble each other, isn't it?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
I feel the exact same way about the Tea Party. Funny how fringe groups resemble each other, isn't it?
Have the tea partiers killed or threatened to kill anyone?

Remember Theo Van Gogh? He is dead because he made a movie about the treatment of women under Islam. DEAD. Nearly beheaded on the streets of Amsterdam.

Salman Rushie still has a bounty on his head for writing a fictional book.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Reminds me of Christians killing abortion doctors

I don't know any liberal supporting terrorists, no matter if those terrorists are Israelis or Palestinians or whoever.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,386,345 times
Here's a good example of a fine upstanding muslim guy in action..
Franck Ribery's underage prostitute Zahia Dehar breaks her silence | Mail Online

Old 04-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Reminds me of Christians killing abortion doctors

I don't know any liberal supporting terrorists, no matter if those terrorists are Israelis or Palestinians or whoever.
An abortion doctor is killed once every 10 years. There are daily suicide bombings in the Muslim world

Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
An abortion doctor is killed once every 10 years. There are daily suicide bombings in the Muslim world
Well, almost all of them take place in occupied countries. In the US masses of radicals are threatening violent revolution only because their own president does things they don't like. Just imagine if a huge army from the Muslim world came to the US, shot civilian Americans, told them what to do, etc. I guess you would also have suicide attacks carried out by Americans.
(In no way do I support any radicals, be it American Christians, Muslim Arabs or whoever. I despise all religions.)

Old 04-22-2010, 02:12 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
In several hours, check ou thte podcast from Today (Thursday's) show on the BBC

BBC - World Service - World Have Your Say

They had a bunch of muslim guests on saying that Islam is under attack..
As I said, Islam/Muslims operate under one main approach. They are aggressive, disrespectful and intolerant in their agenda of infiltrating, imposing and breeding their culture in every non-muslim culture/country al around the world. Then they immediately play "victims"...as soon as they meet resistence, severe criticism and conter attacks. It's what they do. What they always have done.

Oh yes, islam is under attack Riiiiiiiiiiggggght

Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, almost all of them take place in occupied countries. In the US masses of radicals are threatening violent revolution only because their own president does things they don't like. Just imagine if a huge army from the Muslim world came to the US, shot civilian Americans, told them what to do, etc. I guess you would also have suicide attacks carried out by Americans.
(In no way do I support any radicals, be it American Christians, Muslim Arabs or whoever. I despise all religions.)
How long were Germany and japan occupied for? How many suicide bombings there during occupation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies