Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well I'm not a psychic, and I'm assuming you responded to my post for a reason. Either explain your post, or take the cowardly way out. I don't care.
Gee, name calling really supports your position. Refusing to even admit comprehension further denigrates your supposed arguments.

BTW, if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't respond. Guess what that makes you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM

24,479 posts, read 23,188,924 times
This thread is funny, yet sad. Obama completely disses his core supporters and his fervent supporters have to defend him for it. He could kick a homeless person and get cheered for doing so by his most hard core fanatics.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,543,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
So Ben Smith is a clod? Who is your hero then? This should be enlightening...
On balance, he's a clod. Has been for a long time. While doubting that much of anything here will actually be enlightening to you, I don't scour press beats looking for heros. This is a fool's errand. Solid journalism that considers a broad array of actual facts and treats them in a careful and honest analysis of the various implications that these might have will tend to impress me. Such pieces of course tend to be too long for the space that most pop media will allot to them, and far, far too long and broing for the short attention spans that most pop readers will bring to the task. It is therefore unlikely that you would have heard of or know anything at all about any of the writers for whom I might have some reportorial respect.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Damage Control Deputy Saganista.....how much are they paying you? You're doing a lousy job. I believe the missteps of this Administration are far more than you can handle. Can we get a resignation?
That performance was simply pitiful. I seriously doubt that you will be back next week. Sorry.
-- Simon Cowell

Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Ah, good to see you still lying for obama (LFO). It goes to prove that there is white house involvement to this when you attempt to deny it. Some things never change.
Quote:
They can't do that! It is your job! And the press would never withold or distort any information, especially on the adored one, would they?
Quote:
Even you should be able to see and admit that the principals here were the protesters. Quit trying to use your typical tactic of changing the conversation from one that is indefensible to one you like.
Rather obviously, you have taken sufficient trouble to learn very close to nothing about the incident that provides the basis for this right-wing fraud thread, but do like to see your own words -- embarrassingly credulous and uninformed as they might be -- show up on your monitor screen from time to time. I have laid out here the sequence of events as they unfolded based upon the reporting not of Ben Smith or any other such simpleton, but of those reporters who were directly involved in the situation both as it unfolded and as it was very quickly resolved. What do you base your statements on? Anything? Anything at all?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Rather obviously, you have taken sufficient trouble to learn very close to nothing about the incident that provides the basis for this right-wing fraud thread, but do like to see your own words -- embarrassingly credulous and uninformed as they might be -- show up on your monitor screen from time to time. I have laid out here the sequence of events as they unfolded based upon the reporting not of Ben Smith or any other such simpleton, but of those reporters who were directly involved in the situation both as it unfolded and as it was very quickly resolved. What do you base your statements on? Anything? Anything at all?
Just knowing your proclivity for lying to further your cause. You have continually displayed your bias toward avoiding the truth and displayed your willingness to avoid any facts that cause you discomfort or show the lengths you go to so as to attempt to support your lies.

As stated before, it is obvious that anything you support is bad for the country and bad for the people.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
That performance was simply pitiful. I seriously doubt that you will be back next week. Sorry.
-- Simon Cowell
Now you are basing your arguments on an entertainer who is not even from this country, and taking it out of context.

Extremely typical.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
On balance, he's a clod. Has been for a long time. While doubting that much of anything here will actually be enlightening to you, I don't scour press beats looking for heros. This is a fool's errand. Solid journalism that considers a broad array of actual facts and treats them in a careful and honest analysis of the various implications that these might have will tend to impress me. Such pieces of course tend to be too long for the space that most pop media will allot to them, and far, far too long and broing for the short attention spans that most pop readers will bring to the task. It is therefore unlikely that you would have heard of or know anything at all about any of the writers for whom I might have some reportorial respect.
And you only look for your heros, if they can be called that, only espouse your own warped view of the world.

Honest analysis is quite the term for you to use. Something that you obviously do not understand.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This thread is funny, yet sad. Obama completely disses his core supporters and his fervent supporters have to defend him for it. He could kick a homeless person and get cheered for doing so by his most hard core fanatics.
Perhaps you didn't read the thread as carefully as you should have. It is not about Obama's or anyone else's opinions on Don't Ask, Don't Tell. It is not about any exchange or commentary between Obama and any others who happen to disagree with him on that matter. The thread is about a supposed intervention to keep the press from reporting on a particular incident that occurred along the White House fence in the area sometimes referred to as President's Park. Multiple people have lied (or perhaps unwiitingly passed on lies) about that incident in this thread. In the simple interests of accuracy, those lies must be opposed, whether intentional or inadvertent.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,053,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
How dare they do something to embarass his highness Obama! They must be racist to embarass him like that!
Yes. ALL gays are racist/ That has to be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies