Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They are?

His own words and still his supporters deny the truth.

Exactly who ‘makes enough money’ in Obama’s eyes? | Kyle Wingfield

Again, obama and his straw man - always looking for a target for his rhetoric to help him to push along his radical agenda.
I love this comment from one of Kyle Winfield's readers:
Kyle you dip wad you read something and see something that is not even there. “Success that’s fairly earnedmeans quit being dishonest, but I guess the crowd you run with that means screw as many people as you can out of as much as you can, and the talk about how smart and honest you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 11:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Obama's words and the meaning is clear.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama's words and the meaning is clear.
I agree, the comment "'Success that’s fairly earned' means quit being dishonest" sums it up rather sucinctly.

It's also clear why the right wing took his words out of context - this is SOP for them.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
This is a clear case of taking what was said out of context:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."
This is what he actually said:
"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."
Yes, they are shameless liars.

Glad you see the contradiction in his words.
Where are the lies the so called right wing is spewing?

That he is going to cap what can be made in the market?
You didn't work for it so we are going to punish you. Is that where this is going?

Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
Quote:
The topic is: the shameless right wing liars. Please stay on topic.
There were no lies, Obama is a Marxist and his speech proves it.. But the fools and the ignorant still follow him... It's sad, they look so foolish

Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Glad you see the contradiction in his words.
Where are the lies the so called right wing is spewing?
When you take someone words out of context and make the meaning different than what he meant, that's a lie. Plain and simple. I could not care less as to what you think President is, that's your prerogative as a human being. You think he's a Marist, Communist or Nazi, that just shows your ignorance (or hate) more than anything else.

But to take his own spoken words an misreepresent them is down right dishonest.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:54 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
i see obama as a corporatist.

obama wants the federal reserve to have MORE power. that is a pretty good reason not to trust anything he pushes in terms of "reform". his appointments of bernanke, geithner, etc., show where he stands more than anything he says.

do we really want to give an international banking cartel, which operates with impunity and in secrecy now, more power?

we don't even know what they are doing with our money now, and they have NO transparency whatsoever. the last thing we need is more secrecy.....

Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
There were no lies, Obama is a Marxist and his speech proves it.. But the fools and the ignorant still follow him... It's sad, they look so foolish
Perhaps you should look into the mirror once in a while.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:22 PM

296 posts, read 273,588 times
Quote:
Why don't you admit that you have no problem with this is because it's against my side an President Obama?
translation please. No speaka gibberish with poor grammar skillz

Old 05-02-2010, 05:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
When you take someone words out of context and make the meaning different than what he meant, that's a lie. Plain and simple. I could not care less as to what you think President is, that's your prerogative as a human being. You think he's a Marist, Communist or Nazi, that just shows your ignorance (or hate) more than anything else.

But to take his own spoken words an misreepresent them is down right dishonest.

He plain and simply contradicted himself, one sentence after the other. Which side of the contradiction is the lie? I guess it is a 50/50 guess!
The side that says profits/earnings need to be capped, or the side that says business as usual? Einy, meany, miney, moe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies