Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:22 PM

80 posts, read 278,767 times

Advertisements

Every so often, when some politician is having a slow publicity period, they do this to get their names & faces on the news... All it really does is show how idiotic & stupid they are....Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that it doesn't help stop crime... Most of the guns turned in are relics that someone found in their basement, inoperable, or something even a half crazed, overdosed mugger on a brew of meth, crack & Pez would be too embarrassed to use to commit a crime.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 04:27 PM

45,665 posts, read 61,090,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
There's actually no point to miss. Guns are guns. They're all designed to kill, period. Criminals will kill with whatever gun they can get their hands on. The less floating around the better. The funny thing is, youre actually pretending to be able to profile the type of gun a criminal will use. Just because a gun isn't on the street today doesn't mean it wont be on the street tommorrow. Nobody thought kids on the street would be carrying AK-47s. They use whatever is accessible, a Fox SxS Shotgun kills a lot better than a 9mm or a glock 27 does.

You really need to do some research instead of regurgitating talking points. You'll feel better about yourself when you do.
Nice use of buzzwords by the way.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM

2,421 posts, read 2,290,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
heck no nobody's selling the gov is begging. getting ammo is still a problem where i live
Yea, for some reason it tough to get .380 ammo in my area.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:31 PM

59,532 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You obviously don't understand the points being made. The guns typically turned in for these programs aren't the ones normally used by criminals. Some are worth thousands of dollars to a collector. Funnily enough as I started typing this a story came on Channel 13 about a drive by shooting outside Annapolis last night. I can pretty much guarantee the guns used were none that I listed previously. Just for your knowledge if you had one of each of the three guns I listed (Spencer rifle ca. 1862, Fox SxS shotgun, Purdy SxS shotgun) you'd being holding close to $200K in your hands.
The guns being turned in aren't "on the streets", they're probably in attics, basements and closets.
Most were junk.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM

45,665 posts, read 61,090,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Most were junk.

Agreed. But according to a couple posters the guns are just waiting to jump out of the attic and go on a drive by.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:36 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,672,823 times
very similar to 3rd reich behavior.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:41 PM

7,789 posts, read 8,058,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Yea, for some reason it tough to get .380 ammo in my area.
lucily my local gun shops advertise on the radio when they get in popular ammo. but you need to hurry before they sell out . i dont understand it at all. supply and demand aint working here and the price keeps going up seems fishy to me

Old 05-08-2010, 05:06 PM

7 posts, read 7,510 times
this is tottal bull **** lol the only guns a person is going to turn is are ones that dont work and arent worth a ****. AND as far as getting guns off the street to make it safer thats bull **** too. teach people about gun safety and how to use a weapon properly so you gangbanger will be shot dead in the street for trying to rob a soccer mom. eventually the crime level will drop when people realize **** im not the only one with guns we cant rob people anymore without getting shot. The goverment wants guns off the street so when we finaly get sick of all this bull**** there pulling we will have no way to fight back. unless your retarted and dont see whats happening we are headed toward revolution and our government is taking more of our right with every new obama bill. so sure give your guns away so you wont be able to protect your self when you need to and keep the guns in the hands of crimanls and those that mean to rule you. but not me you couldnt take my guns with out a fight and im a damn good shot.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:06 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,518,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You really need to do some research instead of regurgitating talking points. You'll feel better about yourself when you do.
Nice use of buzzwords by the way.
LOL..What talking points? Those were my words and beliefs that you obviously cant dispute. The truth is difficult to refute. Next time all you need to say is, good post. It wont hurt you.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,782,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..What talking points? Those were my words and beliefs that you obviously cant dispute. The truth is difficult to refute. Next time all you need to say is, good post. It wont hurt you.
Good response.

Personally, I believe we need to go much further to get guns off the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies