Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM

317 posts, read 405,124 times

Advertisements

Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, individual states making laws based on national security, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.

Last edited by Mrbiggleswurth; 05-15-2010 at 09:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.

Thank you...I needed a good laugh tonight....

Old 05-15-2010, 09:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, states making laws based on national security, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.
The answer to that is easy - they remember however much is CONVENIENT for them to remember (that's usually the way these things work).

Ken

Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,930 times
Default Ok...lets see what they remember

Quote:
Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, states making laws based on national security, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.
They remember 9/11, they remember Sadam Hussein going into Kuwait with his Red Guards, taking civilians as human shields, scorching the earth with one of history's worse act of environmental sabatoge, Many of the his supporters, and those very same soldiers, are now working in terrorism, nearly 20 million people in the USA illegally and without any form of supervision or knowledge of who the freak they actually are, nor do we know who is actually here....Need I go on?

Maybe, what the people in this country are simply asking for is that the government starts acting like resonsible adults rather than unrealistically idealistic 15 year olds.

PS - Don't forget that President Obama and the gang are also part of many of the acts that you are presenting as unconstitutional...So, why are your associating them with the Tea Party?

Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM

317 posts, read 405,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
They remember 9/11, they remember Sadam Hussein going into Kuwait with his Red Guards, taking civilians as human shields, scorching the earth with one of history's worse act of environmental sabatoge, Many of the his supporters, and those very same soldiers, are now working in terrorism, nearly 20 million people in the USA illegally and without any form of supervision or knowledge of who the freak they actually are, nor do we know who is actually here....Need I go on?
Sadam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. The terrorists behind 9/11 came to the US legally.

Quote:
PS - Don't forget that President Obama and the gang are also part of many of the acts that you are presenting as unconstitutional...So, why are your associating them with the Tea Party?
I don't like Obama, but which acts that I listed has Obama endorsed??

Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 PM

64 posts, read 80,192 times
The Tea Party Patriots know more about the laws, freedoms and rights for real Americans then any of you liberal elites.

Just trying to discredit the majority who made America what it is to keep their hold on power.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The answer to that is easy - they remember however much is CONVENIENT for them to remember (that's usually the way these things work).

Ken
Could you speak to who is holding back the Miranda rights from suspected Muslim? Actually I think it is Eric Holder and he sure isn't a Tea Party member.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, individual states making laws based on national security, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.
Why would a "teabagger," who is mostly interested in teabagging, want to worry about the Bill of Rights while having sex?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:06 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Maybe, what the people in this country are simply asking for is that the government starts acting like resonsible adults rather than unrealistically idealistic 15 year olds.

Yes, yes. The fact that other people do bad things is always a good reason to become more like them.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:45 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
The Tea Party Patriots know more about the laws, freedoms and rights for real Americans then any of you liberal elites.

Just trying to discredit the majority who made America what it is to keep their hold on power.
What exactly is a real American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies