Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Lookin like somebodys friend are going home eh?

I got a American-Mex motorcycle buddy on Border Patroll, stopping illegals from crossing the border, and I have a very pis-sed off German pal, here on a green card that wonders why these illegal can cross the border illeally and get away with with it.

What is the problem with coming across the border legally anway?

If your here illegally, get out because we will BUST YOU, and you will pay dearly for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The whole point!!! WE SHOULD.....a young 16 year old kid does not have the safety nets that you talk of....
A 16 year old doesn't have family? Relatives?

Quote:
Immigrants are here because we let them...not becasue they will do the job others won't....
There are quite a few people that don't want them here--and that hasn't stopped them from coming--only preventing them from leaving on their own will.

Quote:
There is a reason you should care about Germany....They refuse to be nice....therefore you do not get in the situation the the United States is in.
What "situation?" The United States problems are not the fault of illegal immigration. There are far too many violent and property crimes that are the result of drug prohibition.

Quote:
Tell me how we require immigrant workers? No, they have taken advantage of our current system....that is how, we have given them chances...but, instead of saying o.k. I'll become a U.S. citizen...oh no...I'll go the U.S. and work cheap, never pay taxes, free medical....because
Nearly all of the hazardous, menial labor work--meat plants, agriculture, janitorial, etc is performed by immigrants and the woefully undereducated. Society would fall apart without the backs of immigrants to walk on, and that can't be denied. Citizens here don't need to perform these jobs and many of them wont. We have the freedom to work where (and freedom to not work). The immigrants coming here to work don't have that freedom.

You don't know much about how immigrants stay here. They pay taxes--but never see the benefits of it. They use citizens' SS numbers and information which allows them to get jobs. Illegal immigrants don't get medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. But their children--those born here, are citizens, which do get them--as they should.

To become a citizen, one has to live here for five years. Without a job offer or family, it's impossible get a permanent permanent residence card.

Immigrant families assimilate quickly, with high English proficiency and dominance by second generation, and exclusively by third generation. Because language is something that is tremendously difficult to learn naturally past age 11, only time will allow an adult to learn English "From scratch" past age 11. However, most immigrants already speak decent English.

[quote]I have no insurance...so the Americans will.....why...because we have done it for so many years.....no it's the norm....so now is the time to start enforcing the law....you know the law that our government said was a law....[quote]

Please form a coherent thought. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Quote:
Let me ask you....If all those immigrants paid taxes on what they made (i.e. being legal) would there be a difference in the united states right now?
Most of them already pay taxes.
Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/19/bu...9illegals.html
Study: Immigrants Pay Tax Share - washingtonpost.com

Feel free to come up with another bull**** reason why you're so adamantly against illegal immigration.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
No a 16 year old does have parents and realitives...they do not have pensions....and please tell me how a 16 year old is skilled labor positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
There are quite a few people that don't want them here--and that hasn't stopped them from coming--only preventing them from leaving on their own will..
This makes no sence....so when you can form a coherent thought please let me know....(the people that do not want them here are not letting them go on their free will?)

O.K. you got me....I did not read enough about the taxes....(kinda sounds like the department of homeland defence chief and many others)

Quote:
Nearly all of the hazardous, menial labor work--meat plants, agriculture, janitorial, etc is performed by immigrants and the woefully undereducated. Society would fall apart without the backs of immigrants to walk on, and that can't be denied. Citizens here don't need to perform these jobs and many of them wont. We have the freedom to work where (and freedom to not work). The immigrants coming here to work don't have that freedom.
You keep saying this....again I say what about our young children the 16 year old who knows nothiing better except how to turn on a video game....

Quote:
To become a citizen, one has to live here for five years. Without a job offer or family, it's impossible get a permanent permanent residence card. .
As your German answer...Why do I care about this? There is a law and it should be followed....

Quote:
Illegal immigrants don't get medicare, ..
They may not....but they get free medical....and you and me are paying for it...is that right...

We can go all day long here...even with the bull**** that you spout...

In the end there is a right way and a wrong way...right now they are doing it the wrong way (the illegal immigrants)....YES OR NO?

There are rules in place for a reason, just becasue our own people refuse to do jobs is no reasaon to break the law...or is it...

Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 PM

[quote=chucksnee;14241674]No a 16 year old does have parents and realitives...they do not have pensions....and please tell me how a 16 year old is skilled labor positions[/qupte]

Safety Net. The average 16 year old does not need to work as their parents will support them. An average Illegal Mexican Immigrant doesn't have family here that has money, residence, or the ability to support a non-working individual of working age. I.E., a safety net.

Quote:
This makes no sence....so when you can form a coherent thought please let me know....(the people that do not want them here are not letting them go on their free will?)
You claimed that nobody want's illegal immigrants here (despite the economic benefits of having them here--undoubtedly most people are ignorant to or just outright deny). With all those people against illegal immigration, it hasn't stopped illegal immigrants from coming to the United States. The only thing it has prevented is illegal immigrants from leaving the United States on their own will. Illegal immigrants are looking for work here in the United States. They don't necessarily want to stay here, but because it is so dangerous and so expensive to cross the border, they do stay here.

Quote:
O.K. you got me....I did not read enough about the taxes....(kinda sounds like the department of homeland defence chief and many others)
The Tax thing surprises a lot of people.

Quote:
You keep saying this....again I say what about our young children the 16 year old who knows nothiing better except how to turn on a video game....
Their parents can support the child. Illegal immigrants don't have that benefit.

Quote:
As your German answer...Why do I care about this? There is a law and it should be followed....
The law isn't just.

Quote:
They may not....but they get free medical....and you and me are paying for it...is that right...
Emergency Medical Care, not medicaid, not medicare. They get K-12 Education (which only speeds the assimilation process and citizenship!), and Emergency Medical Care--which we even give to our enemies during war. It's only human to do so.

Quote:
We can go all day long here...even with the bull**** that you spout...

In the end there is a right way and a wrong way...right now they are doing it the wrong way (the illegal immigrants)....YES OR NO?

There are rules in place for a reason, just because our own people refuse to do jobs is no reason to break the law...or is it...
The law isn't just. Illegal immigration was severely curbed when people feared that their jobs were being taken away. When this was overwhelmingly shown to be false, they turned to the "they're siphoning off the Governmnent." When this was shown to be false, it turned into "well they are bringing crime!" Again--shown to be false. Now the arguments are "they threaten our national security" and "It's against the law."

When it's undoubtedly shown that the former isn't true, we're left with--"it's against the law."

Is the law just? No.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:30 PM

One last question....no more tit for tat....

This is a YES or NO question....nothing else...nothing more.....

Would you accept Mexico's illegal immigration laws here in the United States?...

Old 05-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
One last question....no more tit for tat....

This is a YES or NO question....nothing else...nothing more.....

Would you accept Mexico's illegal immigration laws here in the United States?...
What are their laws?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
What are their laws?
Tell ya what......

If I put up a website that has anything to do with Rush...Mark....Shawn....or anyone like that....you will come back and say ...well that is a Rush...Mark...or Shawn..website and that is not true...or correct..

So....here is what I'll do for you....below is the Google search for "Mexican Immigration laws" (or Google it yourself).....You pick what site you would like
to look at and then decide on the question I asked.....

Google

Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Tell ya what......

If I put up a website that has anything to do with Rush...Mark....Shawn....or anyone like that....you will come back and say ...well that is a Rush...Mark...or Shawn..website and that is not true...or correct..

So....here is what I'll do for you....below is the Google search for "Mexican Immigration laws" (or Google it yourself).....You pick what site you would like

Google
We should also adapt these laws:
For anyone thinking we are being too hard on our illegals,
JUST READ THIS!!!

American working in Mexico

From the other side of the fence...
Received the following from Tom O'Malley, who was a Director with S.W. BELL in Mexico City:

"I spent five years working in Mexico. I worked under a tourist Visa for three months and could legally renew it for three more months. After that you were working illegally. I was technically illegal for three weeks waiting on the FM3 approval.

"During that six months our Mexican and U.S. attorneys were working to secure a permanent work visa called a 'FM3'. It was in addition to my U.S. passport that [SIZE=2][/SIZE]I had to show each time I entered and left the country. Barbara's was the same, except hers did not permit her to work.

"To apply for the FM3, I needed to submit the following notarized originals (not copies):
1. Birth certificate for Barbara and me.
2. Marriage certificate.
3. High school transcripts and proof of graduation.
4. College transcripts for every college I attended and
proof of graduation.
5. Two letters of recommendation from supervisors I had
worked for at least one year.
6. A letter from the St. Louis Chief of Police indicating
that I had no arrest record in the U.S. and no outstanding
warrants and, was "a citizen in good standing".
7. "Finally, I had to write a letter about myself
that clearly stated why there was no Mexican citizen with
my skills and why my skills were important to Mexico. We
called it our 'I am the greatest person on Earth'
letter. It was fun to write."

"All of the above were in English that had to be translated into Spanish and be certified as legal translations, and our signatures notarized. It produced a folder about 1.5 inches thick with English on the left side & Spanish on the right."

"Once they were completed Barbara and I spent about five hours, accompanied by a Mexican attorney, touring Mexican government office locations and being photographed and fingerprinted at least three times at each location, and we remember at least four locations where we were instructed on Mexican tax, labor, housing, and criminal law and that we were required to obey their laws or face the consequences. We could not protest any of the government's actions or we would be committing a felony. We paid out four thousand dollars in fees and bribes to complete the process. When this was done we could legally bring in our household goods that were held by U.S. Customs in Laredo, Texas. This meant we had rented furniture in Mexico while awaiting our goods. There were extensive fees involved here that the company paid."

"We could not buy a home and were required to rent at very high rates and under contract and compliance with Mexican law."

"We were required to get a Mexican driver's license. This was an amazing process. The company arranged for the licensing agency to come to our headquarters location with their photography and fingerprint equipment and the laminating machine. We showed our U.S. license, were photographed and fingerprinted again and issued the license instantly after paying out a six dollar fee. We did not take a written or driving test and never received instructions on the rules of the road. Our only instruction was to never give a policeman your license if stopped and asked. We were instructed to hold it against the inside window away from his grasp. If he got his hands on it you would have to pay ransom to get it back. "

"We then had to pay and file Mexican income tax annually using the number of our FM3 as our ID number. The company's Mexican accountants did this for us and we just signed what they prepared. It was about twenty legal size pages annually."

"The FM3 was good for three years and renewable for two more after paying more fees."

"Leaving the country meant turning in the FM3 and certifying we were leaving no debts behind and no outstanding legal affairs (warrants, tickets or liens) before our household goods were released to customs."

"It was a real adventure and if any of our Senators or Congressmen went through it once they would have a different attitude toward Mexico."

"The Mexican government uses its vast military and police forces to keep its citizens intimidated and compliant. They never protest at their capitol or government offices, but do protest daily in front of the United States Embassy. The U.S. Embassy looks like a strongly reinforced fortress and during most protests the Mexican military surrounds the block with their men standing shoulder to shoulder in full riot gear to protect the Embassy. These protests are never shown on U.S. or Mexican TV. There is a large public park across the street where they do their protesting. Anything can cause a protest such as proposed law changes in California or Texas."

Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Tell ya what......

Google
If you can't articulate or provide a credible source for your claim--it isn't worth addressing. It is not my duty to provide the Mexican Immigration Laws.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 AM

Afraid to anser the question huh????

Oh yea...i did not ask you to provide them, I asked you to look them up...with a YES or NO answer.....and you could not do that....

I did not want to provide you with a website that you did not agree with..
I even proveded you with the link to google...

You can either agree with what I put (yes or no) or you can continue with your physco babble...or you can do a little research to prove what I have stated is inccorect....

Mexican Immigration laws....
1. in the country legally;
2. have the means to sustain themselves economically;
3. not destined to be burdens on society;
4. of economic and social benefit to society;
5. of good character and have no criminal records; and
6. contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:
1. immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
2. foreign visitors do not violate their visa status; foreign visitors are
3. banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
4. foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
5. foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported; those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

So, I have provided you with the Mexican Immigration laws....

Do you agree....

YES or NO?

If you are not willing to answer yes or no, then do not answer anymore. Do not try to run around questions or say that I am wrong....

If you can't articulate or provide a credible source for your claim--it isn't worth addressing. It is not my duty to provide you the Mexican Immigration Laws. (wait I did, but you still did not read them)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies