Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 PM

317 posts, read 405,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Afraid to anser the question huh????

Oh yea...i did not ask you to provide them, I asked you to look them up...with a YES or NO answer.....and you could not do that....

I did not want to provide you with a website that you did not agree with..
I even proveded you with the link to google...

You can either agree with what I put (yes or no) or you can continue with your physco babble...or you can do a little research to prove what I have stated is inccorect....

Mexican Immigration laws....
1. in the country legally;
2. have the means to sustain themselves economically;
3. not destined to be burdens on society;
4. of economic and social benefit to society;
5. of good character and have no criminal records; and
6. contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:
1. immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
2. foreign visitors do not violate their visa status; foreign visitors are
3. banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
4. foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
5. foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported; those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

So, I have provided you with the Mexican Immigration laws....

Do you agree....

YES or NO?

If you are not willing to answer yes or no, then do not answer anymore. Do not try to run around questions or say that I am wrong....

If you can't articulate or provide a credible source for your claim--it isn't worth addressing. It is not my duty to provide you the Mexican Immigration Laws. (wait I did, but you still did not read them)
#1, I would hope that we would never model our laws after Mexico
#2, None of those laws stated applies to it's citizens. The Arizona law can be applied to American citizens.

End of story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Stupid is as stupid does. A google search is not a source of any kind. I'm not the one using the Mexican immigration laws in my argument, hence not my responsibility to provide them.

You hold the Burden of Proof to show that those are accurate Mexican Laws. They are part of your argument, not mine.

Your arguments remind me of creationism.
Again name calling....

So here is what you want me to do.....I say I am right in this little argument and you say I'm wrong....and it is up to me to prove I'm wrong?

I know I'm right....now prove me wrong....if not go away...

Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,600 times
Quote:
Again name calling....

So here is what you want me to do.....I say I am right in this little argument and you say I'm wrong....and it is up to me to prove I'm wrong?

I know I'm right....now prove me wrong....if not go away...
You are making the positive claim--you are solely responsible for the burden of proof.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
You are making the positive claim--you are solely responsible for the burden of proof.
Would the President of Mexico....saying the same thing that I have said....would that be proof enough....for you....and here is the kicker....it is from a CNN site...

But your going to have to wait until I get home, my work computer will not let me get to it..

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM

Michelle Malkin: How Mexico treats its illegal immigrants | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/How-Mexico-treats-its-illegal-aliens-92316654.html#ixzz0misrbkGZ - broken link)

Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,357,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Specifically the Bill of Rights. This talk of banning Muslims from building mosques, suspending Miranda rights, guilty until proven innocent, individual states making laws based on national security, searching law abiding citizens and demanding to see papers makes me wonder how much of the Constitution they remember.
Or ever knew. . . .I am beginning to suspect that there is a large group of undereducated citizens in this country who believe that "rights" only apply to them and those just exactly like them. .. .

Makes me think of the Japanese American citizens that were "interred" during WW2. . . . what a great crime against our "supposed" values that was, and yet we seem to have a growing number of people who would do that again, . . . . . .

If this is the end result of an educational system that has been steadily skewing away from critical thinking and logic since the 1950's, that wishes, for religious purposes, to ban science and scientific method being taught in schools, and other such crimes against intelligence and the fostering of intelligent thinking, then I am very glad that I have no childern to "inherit" the future of this (once great) country.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:49 AM

177 posts, read 304,599 times
Quote:
Considering the American economy requires hoards of unskilled immigrant workers--perhaps something that allows them to immigrate here legally with minimal paperwork would make more sense. Current immigration laws are bull****. They are unjust.

As for you, I can guarantee you break laws every day of your life--without even knowing it, or consciously aware of it--and get away without consequence. I can guarantee you do.
Funny that you can guarantee something about someone that you absolutely know nothing about.

Many people break laws and get by with them as long as they are not caught. Here we are talking about the consequences when people DO get caught. Maybe the laws do need to be changed; however, until they are they should be enforced with the same vigor that any other law is enforced.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM

Here is the link where the President of Mexico says very specific words about if you are there illegally and are caught, you will be jailed and deported...

Yea its on the Mark Levin website, but it is a CNN clip....

Mark Levin

Watch the entire clip.....to get the full effect....

Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Michelle Malkin: How Mexico treats its illegal immigrants | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/How-Mexico-treats-its-illegal-aliens-92316654.html#ixzz0misrbkGZ - broken link)

Irrelevant.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Maybe I do not understand this...

Let me see....

There is already a law about ILLEGAL immigration that is not being up held by the government.....

A state makes a law to uphold a law that the government made and people get mad.....
And it will not be enforced against the employers that hire illegals, just like the Federal law isn't, and for the same reasons.

The Arizona law is just political appeasement for the teabaggers, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies