Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
Saw that Chase is building 2 new branches in Stuart, just not sure where. Was in the TCPalm but since I don't pay a subscription...

They have 1 spot cleared on 714 in Palm City in the Publix shopping center. It'll be right on the corner. I'm sure the other one is on US1 somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 AM

403 posts, read 1,079,278 times
I'm not mad at additional Chase branches. In other news, home building is beginning to pick up steam on the Treasure Coast. It's just steam though right now but a developer is making plans for a 1,100 home community. There's an article in the TCPalm regarding the housing market: Rise in home market could mean rebound for Treasure Coast economy » TCPalm.com

Some excerpts: "Santos Construction Vice President Don Santos met with Port St. Lucie officials to talk about a multi-year, 1,100-home new development. A house probably wouldn’t be built for at least two years, but it’s the type of conversation that could signal a real return of the housing market."

"

Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Sounds promising, but there is a lot of glut that still needs to get cleared from the foreclosure books before I want to see developments going in.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 PM

79 posts, read 255,997 times
Quote:
Found this article in the TCPalm regarding Downtown Stuarts increasingly young crowd. Looks like a gentrification slowly taking hold in our local historic downtowns.

Young adults finding way to downtown Stuart as revitalization plans start paying off » TCPalm.com
Thanks for the shots of Stuart's "downtown"!!! I wish that area good luck!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Thanks for the shots of Stuart's "downtown"!!! I wish that area good luck!
Me too. I'm really excited about the Treasure Coasts Downtowns. We really should focus on how to connect them. You're welcome to post any pics of what you see too.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM

Actually, after looking at those pics I'm thinking I should take a stroll to Ft. Pierce and photograph progress at the Marina. Tradition Medical Center is coming along nicely too.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 AM

79 posts, read 255,997 times
Quote:
Me too. I'm really excited about the Treasure Coasts Downtowns. We really should focus on how to connect them. You're welcome to post any pics of what you see too.
I'll definitely be participating here every time I see something. It's been a solo hobby of mine to research new developments in the area. In fact, researching Stuart's downtown is how I found this thread!

I have a lot of confidence that Stuart's and even Ft. Pierce's downtowns will continue to excel. There's a certain charm to each of them that's really unique for the area. I'm more worried about PSL's "downtown" by the Civic Center. First of all, unlike Stuart and FP, there's no water within walking distance. The whole engine for a downtown is to motivate visitors to get out of their cars and to walk around. That adds ambiance to the area and traffic for stores. Even Tradition (where I live) benefits from having a lake. Visitors certainly gravitate towards it, and even I decide to sometimes take the walk to the shops instead of driving 2 mins there. Again, it's part of the charm. And as Tradition continues to fill up, I believe it'll become more of a downtown.

On the other hand, SLW doesn't have that motivation for anyone to walk. It's a very nice area, but there's no cultural center for everything to revolve around. No identity. So even if PSL found a developer to build-out the US1 downtown, if they simply add big box companies, restaurant chains and another movie theater, what's the big deal? Mixing in office buildings isn't going to make it unique.

Like you said, we need to connect the downtowns, not geographically but culturally. First, PSL should build their own "Sunrise/Lyrics" Theatre..maybe the Treasure Theatre, and all three should work together to promote each other and their shows. Second, they should focus on bringing in independent stores and restaurants by being less draconian with building codes. I like the Civic Center being there, it's a great start, but that area can still go either way. On google maps, I see one small "lake" on the property and what looks like land next to it for building. Instead, they need to make that small land some type of small park, add more lighting around the lake, essentially make it much more of a focus for gathering.

I used to play a lot of Sim City as a kid...haha. Unfortunately we can't make it all happen ourselves like in a game, but if we support what we do like and they succeed financially, we do influence!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM

The TC Palm has an article about the former Police Substation on Rosser Blvd being turned into a County Library.

New library branch in Port St. Lucie gets nod » TCPalm.com

Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 PM

I'm a big fan of the Treasure Coast Historic Downtowns as well. As far as their viability it's kind of inevitable as most development dollars are being poured back into urban areas. As far as PSL, the downtown location is probably slow to get off the ground but in a few decades I won't be surprised to see it built up and start to gain notoriety. There are big opportunities to activate the river as well and a bridge over the Indian River Lagoon on Walton Rd isn't far fetched either. Ok, I take that back. Right now it may be far fetched but look at basically every city south of us and what they have done. I don't think it's too bizarre to think PSL may one day do the same.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:18 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
I just wish there was news about the Publix that was supposed to break ground on the west side of I-95 on the Crosstown Expressway. I have seen some activity but not much in the way of signs they are getting after it. We need responsible development in order to recover properly.

Bass Pro Shops seems to be making slow progress and it also looks like there might be some activity starting on other development in the same shoppning center. Only time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach