Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
I just wish there was news about the Publix that was supposed to break ground on the west side of I-95 on the Crosstown Expressway. I have seen some activity but not much in the way of signs they are getting after it. We need responsible development in order to recover properly.

Bass Pro Shops seems to be making slow progress and it also looks like there might be some activity starting on other development in the same shoppning center. Only time will tell.

I actually had forgotten about the Publix on Crosstown. Nothing going on there YET?? Wow- that's surprising.

Bass Pro has been doing a lot of "behind the scenes" work there. Right now they are working on the back side where the loading docks are. I know it seems like they're not doing much, but it will all come together pretty quickly after they get that straightened out I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM

403 posts, read 1,079,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I actually had forgotten about the Publix on Crosstown. Nothing going on there YET?? Wow- that's surprising.

Bass Pro has been doing a lot of "behind the scenes" work there. Right now they are working on the back side where the loading docks are. I know it seems like they're not doing much, but it will all come together pretty quickly after they get that straightened out I think.
I was driving past the future Bass Pro Shops location yesterday thinking if anything had been done. I looked back as I drove by and noticed the store signage wasn't up either. I totally forgot about Publix on Crosstown and apparently there's an LA Fitness and Golden Coral coming to SLW too. The Medical Plaza on PSL Bl by the canal is looking almost ready as is the structure on PSL/Darwin that will house the Family Dollar and a Subway.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Like you said, we need to connect the downtowns, not geographically but culturally.
I don't know if you read earlier in the thread BTW, but the Treasure Coast Transport Authority has long term plans for a tri rail like commuter train between Vero Beach and Stuart. There are also long range plans for Bus Rapid Transit on US-1.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 AM

Looks like Palm City Blvd's right veer off US-1 will be closed and a few roundabouts will be added to Palm City Blvd.

Rich Campbell: More roundabouts in Martin County? I'll need to increase my blood-pressure medication » TCPalm.com

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
Veterans Memorial Bridge [Indian Street Bridge] is just over 6 months from completion.
The time line has been extended to the end of the year (11/2013), so we'll be waiting an additional 6 months for the bridge.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
The Medical Plaza on PSL Bl by the canal is looking almost ready as is the structure on PSL/Darwin that will house the Family Dollar and a Subway.
Medical Plaza? The plaza by the C24 is going to be a school.

Also- the Family Dollar has been open for a couple of weeks now! Haven't gone in yet but seems like it's getting plenty of business.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Before I forget, the Bass Pro Shop that's set to open in Port St. Lucie will not be branded as a flagship Outdoor World store. It will, instead, be branded as a Bass Pro Shops - Sportsmans.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 AM

I missed this article in the TC Palm, but the purchase of homes along the proposed Crosstown Parkway route may start as early as January 2014 immediately after the Federal Highway Administration issues an expected record of decision on the route plans in November of this year.

https://www.tcpalm.com/news/2013/mar...ome-crosstown/

Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 AM

I'm not sure what businesses the Shamrock Plaza on SW PSL Blvd and Yamada Dr will have, but apparently they'll have a copper coffee cup and a copper beer mug as artwork. : / There's loads of info in the planning and zoning dept memorandum. Also, some nearby homeowners object to a drive through on that property.

http://psl.granicus.com/MetaViewer.p...&meta_id=76920

Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 AM

And here are some details I was able to find about the LA Fitness planned for the MDC Shoppes in SLW. The goal is to open the new location by the end of the year, but it's looking like the end of the first quarter of 2014.

Preliminary plans approved for LA Fitness to build new facility on St. Lucie West Blvd. » TCPalm.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach