Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2024, 07:20 AM

14,335 posts, read 14,660,686 times

Advertisements

Ha! Patience isn't exactly on fans radar. They want immediate results! Good luck this season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 08:45 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,063,116 times
I’m happy with the picks they made and am in no rush for Maye’s development. I am more interested in seeing how this coaching staff works together before having any expectations. This is a new coach who’s very different from the last one, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, there are some things I’ll miss (saying less to media, game planning, etc.). I’m willing to see this through as starting from scratch with some growing pains instead of thinking one is bringing back some kind of legacy, until I see otherwise.

In reality it is not typical for teams to have multiple Star/SB caliber quarterbacks. Packers had three (Star, Favre, Rodgers), Steelers had two (Bradshaw, Roethlisberger), as well as 49ers (Montana, Young), etc. It’s hard to have that type of success with picking QBs. We’ll see.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:37 AM

12,614 posts, read 9,745,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I’m happy with the picks they made and am in no rush for Maye’s development. I am more interested in seeing how this coaching staff works together before having any expectations. This is a new coach who’s very different from the last one, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, there are some things I’ll miss (saying less to media, game planning, etc.). I’m willing to see this through as starting from scratch with some growing pains instead of thinking one is bringing back some kind of legacy, until I see otherwise.

In reality it is not typical for teams to have multiple Star/SB caliber quarterbacks. Packers had three (Star, Favre, Rodgers), Steelers had two (Bradshaw, Roethlisberger), as well as 49ers (Montana, Young), etc. It’s hard to have that type of success with picking QBs. We’ll see.
I agree with everything that you said. I think there is the potential for great things, but we have a new team of coaches coming together, unproven in their present roles. We also have all kinds of new players coming together on the team, including a new quarterback - unproven in the NFL. There is therefore no solid reason to *expect* great success. There are all kinds of risks and even if things go very well, there is development needed on both the coaching and player organizations.

All that said, there is also no solid reason to *expect* failure. I am cautiously optimistic, and hope they can return to being a sound, winning team within a couple of years. After that, anything more would be gravy.

Old 05-12-2024, 06:48 AM

4,678 posts, read 3,881,241 times
Anyone watch The Greatest Roast of All Time: Tom Brady?

Lots of awkward moments in the Patriot family, but I thought drunk Drew Bledsoe was hilarious, & Gronk going off script was one of the best parts. Brady nailed it with his time on the mic (of course). Belichick & Kraft together was forced & awkward. I thought all the Aaron Hernandez death jokes were over the line. His family is still grieving his death.

I need to check out more on those comedians. Ross, Andrew Schulz, Nikki Glaser were so good.

Old Today, 06:11 PM

12,614 posts, read 9,745,458 times
Jacoby Brissett is saying all the right things in camp, talking about embracing the role of mentor. He's been in the league 9 years, and although he hasn't risen to the level of being a star, he's played well enough to have played in many games - so unlike the eternal backup guys, he's had things figured out well enough to play in 79 games and throw for over 10,000 yards in his 9 years, so that's a lot of experience. A lot of guys can't get past looking out for #1, but if he can be generous with what he knows, I am sure he can contribute a lot to Maye and Milton.

https://nesn.com/2024/05/jacoby-bris...ts-drake-maye/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football