Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I didn't think Erin did a bad job on the interview. That is a pretty lame excuse for being a douschbag if you ask me. Now I am no big Erin Andrews fan and we all know WHY she got her job but you can't call her out for Sherman being a dousch.. that's all on him..

Compare her interview to Ed Werder's and you will see who is the better reporter.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:20 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times

NO personal attacks. Also stay on topic.

OK, let's try this again. I haven't gotten all of this thread cleaned up yet, will look at this later. There's been an extra day of comments from Sherman himself regarding all this. Let's see how the commentary swings here. Thread re-opened.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-22-2014 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Richard Sherman is smart he knows what he is doing and the media / talking head love it too or they have nothing to talk about.

As for the people calling him a thug is laughable to me. I do find it odd that when I Google the word thug I keep getting this guy Aaron Hernandez oh wait he is a thug .

Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Richard Sherman is smart he knows what he is doing and the media / talking head love it too or they have nothing to talk about.

As for the people calling him a thug is laughable to me. I do find it odd that when I Google the word thug I keep getting this guy Aaron Hernandez oh wait he is a thug .

I saw his press conference today and I think the man speaks very well and did not get a thug vibe at all.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:07 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
I saw his press conference today and I think the man speaks very well and did not get a thug vibe at all.

Yep and he does a lot for the community so that is cool.

Richard Sherman Blanket Coverage "Holiday Give Back" - YouTube

I just think seeing he plays in Seattle people do not know anything about him but if he was playing in like New York it would be Sherman being Sherman.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:24 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
I don't have a big problem with Sherman. If you believe you're the best and can back it up, well it's up to others to deal with it. I didn't like him dissing Crabtree but I understand there's longtime animus between them.

Go Hawks!

Old 01-23-2014, 05:59 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
Compare her interview to Ed Werder's and you will see who is the better reporter.
I agree that Ed Werder is a better reporter than Erin Andrews but your using a poor reporter an an excuse for Bad Behavior.. that doesn't fly in my book, sorry.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Sherman's allowed to behave how he wants -- and people are allowed to have their opinions about him. Johnny Football has done essentially some of the same stuff during games, and that rubs people the wrong way, too, but Sherman took it a step further and went off after a game was finished. I don't buy that he was saying 'good game' to Crab either -- certainly didn't say that to the Skins last year when he got in receivers' faces and he certainly didn't do that to Colin Kaepernick when he flashed the choke sign. So I wish Seahawks' fans would stop defending him with that nonsense. I'd have a bit more respect if he had just said, "Yeah, I talked the trash because I enjoyed whuppin their @sses. And I ain't gonna stop until someone can make me shut up." I still wouldn't like it, but he'd be a bit more respectable. Look, he's a great player - not taking anything away from him. Off the field, he's probably a decent guy, too. It's just his on-field antics, and the difference between Sherm and others is that most others I've seen know that when the contest is over, it's over. No need to go Brock Lesnar/WWE and slam the other guy after the contest is over.

As it is now, yeah, Sherman may still get a chance to talk even more trash on an even bigger stage. But all I'm saying is, get ready for it Seahawks' fans : if they lose, there's going to be an entire nation of people who will spit out their beer in the fourth quarter from laughing so hard if Peyton Manning torches the Seahawks' secondary. You guys did actually face a great pocket passer earlier in the year when your team was at full strength - does the name Luck ring a bell? How did that turn out? Don't be so sure that you've got this in the bag yet. A true master in the pocket who can spread the ball around to different targets is going to give even the best defenses trouble.
'Sound FX': Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree clash - NFL Videos

You were saying....

Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
I am the OP and note I traditionally was a 49'er's fan. I am from LA but we lost our teams years ago.

Yes, the move by Kaepernick was also lame but at least it happend during a game. Also, that bone headed move my Kapernick did help me ROOT for Seattle over SF. But the biggest turn off for me was the classless Harbaugh who a few years ago pulled that after game bonehead move on another coach. I HATE Harbaugh more than Sherman.

I don't think you are talking to me. I agree, Sherman is no thug. He has a degree from Stanford and is clearly articulate when he wants to be. So he really has NO excuse.

Also, plenty of people who don't know LA think Compton is one huge slum. Nope, that is not true. Plenty parts of Compton are well maintained, middle class neighborhoods.
AGREED!!!! Much respect for pointing this out. Harbaugh's actions are getting no attention these days. He looks like a clown on most Sundays. I think it's unfair to judge someone based on putting a microphone and camera in his face after a very heated game. I think if the same was done for someone like Harbaugh, there would have been a similar reaction from him. People seem to have double standards for these athletes and coaches. Although I do not agree with Richard Sherman's actions on Sunday I also do not think it's a good idea to interview players right after a game for this reason. I think people who judge him based on that one interview, should be ashamed.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:39 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
Heh ......... there was pretty much no talk between them during the game

Funny he mentions the skins game last year, which he was also microphoned for .... Sherman was having a good conversation with RG3, wishing him the best in his recovery and giving the good games when Richardson came up and threw at him ......... if the redskins receivers don't want players to talk to them during the game, maybe they should refrain from spending all week in the press talking about how they don't even know the names of the DBs they are facing ....... however, it's a pretty trivial thing to get worked up about, because it's football - which like most sports features a whole lot of chatter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.