Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

So pretty much the Bengals/Steelers game Sunday night will decide the AFC North no matter what the Bengals do against the Broncos on Monday. Bengals can still get left out with 2 losses, but that's looking less likely to happen with the Ravens loss to the Texans. A Chargers win & Ravens win coupled with 2 Bengals losses would send the Ravens & Chargers to the playoffs and send the Bengals home.
Chargers control their own destiny in the AFC. They only need to beat a team that has losses to 2-13 Tennessee and 3-12 Oakland and they are in the playoffs, receiving a miracle for the second year in a row. If they lose, there's where the fun starts. Baltimore, Houston, and KC are still alive in order from most likely to least likely to make it should the Chargers stub their toe at Arrowhead next weekend. Chargers can also get in with a win AND 2 Bengals losses to end the year
For the Ravens they are next in line. A win over the Browns coupled with a Chargers loss would send the Ravens back to the playoffs after a 1 year absence.
The Texans are in the playoffs with a Chiefs win, a Browns win over the Ravens AND a win over Jacksonville. That scenario would clump the Chiefs, Chargers, Texans & Ravens all in a 9-7 pile that the Texans would win (best conference record??)
In order for the Chiefs to make it, they need to beat the Chargers and have the Ravens lose to Cleveland, and the Texans lose to Jacksonville.

Last edited by 7express; 12-21-2014 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 10:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
I had no idea the Texans was still alive for a playoff spot

Old 12-22-2014, 06:59 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The fact that the Texans (2-14) last year are still mathmatically alive for the playoffs heading into week 17 despite starting Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum at QB for 13 games should just add more candidacy to the JJ Watt for MVP bid!

Old 12-22-2014, 09:28 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Fitzy, Mallett, Savage, now Keenum. The coaching staff has done a good job after last year's 2-14 team.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Pats clinch the number 1 seed with the Broncos losing tonight

Old 12-23-2014, 06:28 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fitzy, Mallett, Savage, now Keenum. The coaching staff has done a good job after last year's 2-14 team.
They sure have and I laugh at folks on other forums who believe otherwise just for the simple fact that this isn't a really good team by any stretch. Just amazing how much Coach BO'B has been able to milk out of a team that's thin pretty much everywhere, slow on the outside on both sides of the ball and doesn't have much at QB.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:07 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Does anybody know who gets in if the Ravens, Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Texans, and Chargers all go 9-7? I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. I'm just interested for my own knowledge.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:24 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Does anybody know who gets in if the Ravens, Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Texans, and Chargers all go 9-7? I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. I'm just interested for my own knowledge.
Texans (They have a leg up on the Chiefs). Bills and Fins already eliminated.

Houston Texans (8-7; next: vs. JAC)
• 6: Win vs. Jaguars + Chargers loss at Chiefs + Ravens loss to Browns
• Out: Loss/tie or Chargers win/tie or Ravens win/tie

Old 12-23-2014, 10:29 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Texans (They have a leg up on the Chiefs). Bills and Fins already eliminated.

Houston Texans (8-7; next: vs. JAC)
• 6: Win vs. Jaguars + Chargers loss at Chiefs + Ravens loss to Browns
• Out: Loss/tie or Chargers win/tie or Ravens win/tie
Wow! I was hoping it would be the Chiefs, but that's cool too. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:36 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Wow! I was hoping it would be the Chiefs, but that's cool too. Thanks!
No problem. It was a good question and it took me a moment when I thought about it. The biggest obstacle for the Texans making it in will be Baltimore losing at home to a Browns team playing with an unknown QB (Shaw). The Brown's situation is so bad right now, they tried to sign Rex Grossman to a one week contract to QB in this game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football