Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2020, 12:48 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times

Advertisements

For how bad the Giants have looked, a win in Dallas on Sunday and they are a game behind (half game behind??) the division lead. Crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 02:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
For how bad the Giants have looked, a win in Dallas on Sunday and they are a game behind (half game behind??) the division lead. Crazy!
Can they beat Dallas?

Old 10-06-2020, 01:24 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Can they beat Dallas?
Not this week. They are BAAAaaaaaad I mean the Cowboys are a mess, especially on defense, and make too many mistakes like FUMBLING ......but the Giants...I watched them against the Rams...they are AWFUL

Jets Giants Texicans all bottom 3 teams. There is a difference between the level the Cowboys play right now and the level the Giants play. I mean, fans of both teams are not pleased, BUT the difference is from mediocre to Dismal.....

The Team formerly known as the Washington Redskins intrigues me. The Olympic like human interest story around Riverboat Ron And his fight with cancer is taking it to another level though. everytime they win, they make it into a sequel of Ronald Reagan's Knute Rockne, All American
Now I am not disrespecting Rivera or his illness. I think it is admirable that he is fighting the pain and lack of energy to go out and coach. But it is distracting from the fact that maybe the organization just needed a coach who could put things together and get the players to focus on their strengths? Maybe the focus should be on Ron's shakeup of the team. I assure you, the other teams are not letting him have it easy just because he is ill.

The Eagles seem to be a team that starts slow and finishes strong.
What is hurting all 4 teams, and the league, is injuries. I think it is due in part to a lack of preseason games, a lack of a chance for veterans to ease in, and for rookies and walk ons to shine into spots. This had to be evaluated in practice, which is not the same as a game. now injuries are biting the teams in the NFL Least and that hurts the game. I would like to see the best healthy team play the best healthy team, not one with 6 starters and 2 all pros benched.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:29 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The Team formerly known as the Washington Redskins intrigues me. The Olympic like human interest story around Riverboat Ron And his fight with cancer is taking it to another level though. everytime they win, they make it into a sequel of Ronald Reagan's Knute Rockne, All American
Now I am not disrespecting Rivera or his illness. I think it is admirable that he is fighting the pain and lack of energy to go out and coach. But it is distracting from the fact that maybe the organization just needed a coach who could put things together and get the players to focus on their strengths? Maybe the focus should be on Ron's shakeup of the team. I assure you, the other teams are not letting him have it easy just because he is ill.

Everytime? They've won once.

The only good thing i'll say is that the one pass RG3 attempted against them was picked off. out of all 4 games, that's the best thing that's happened.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times
Quote:
Not this week. They are BAAAaaaaaad I mean the Cowboys are a mess, especially on defense, and make too many mistakes like FUMBLING ......but the Giants...I watched them against the Rams...they are AWFUL

Jets Giants Texicans all bottom 3 teams. There is a difference between the level the Cowboys play right now and the level the Giants play. I mean, fans of both teams are not pleased, BUT the difference is from mediocre to Dismal.....

The Eagles seem to be a team that starts slow and finishes strong.
What is hurting all 4 teams, and the league, is injuries. I think it is due in part to a lack of preseason games, a lack of a chance for veterans to ease in, and for rookies and walk ons to shine into spots. This had to be evaluated in practice, which is not the same as a game. now injuries are biting the teams in the NFL Least and that hurts the game. I would like to see the best healthy team play the best healthy team, not one with 6 starters and 2 all pros benched.
I picked the Cowboys this week but I am REALLY hesitant about that pick. If their defense is as bad as people say it is, then why couldn't the Giants score on them?
MANY people picked Dallas to be the consensus pick to win the NFC East - including you. NOW people are saying that their defense is so putrid. Oh Well.
As I'm sure you already know, I hope that the Eagles DO decide to play this year and go on a winning streak - against some really good teams.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:25 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Quote:
Can they beat Dallas?

Probably not. However I thought Dallas could beat Cleveland and that didn't turn out well, so who knows...

Old 10-07-2020, 05:13 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Quote:
I picked the Cowboys this week but I am REALLY hesitant about that pick. If their defense is as bad as people say it is, then why couldn't the Giants score on them?
MANY people picked Dallas to be the consensus pick to win the NFC East - including you. NOW people are saying that their defense is so putrid. Oh Well.
As I'm sure you already know, I hope that the Eagles DO decide to play this year and go on a winning streak - against some really good teams.
On Paper, without injuries, the Cowboys have a solid roster

But I had no idea that the coaching on the defensive side of the Ball was going to be so bad. And Injuries have hurt them, literally and figuratively, while the defensive scheme is best described as a clusterflock style of play.
So I picked them because I knew that the Giants were not going to be good, especially with Garret as the Offensive Coordinator, and the team formerly known as the Washington Redskins waas thin and also breaking in a new coach, while the Eagles, always a threat, did not gel until later last time around

But hey, I always tell people not to bet their Haircut money on what I say. Which BTW I avoid all together, I have not had a haircut in 12 years other than a self trim at home

Old 10-07-2020, 11:01 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
On Paper, without injuries, the Cowboys have a solid roster

But I had no idea that the coaching on the defensive side of the Ball was going to be so bad. And Injuries have hurt them, literally and figuratively, while the defensive scheme is best described as a clusterflock style of play.
So I picked them because I knew that the Giants were not going to be good, especially with Garret as the Offensive Coordinator, and the team formerly known as the Washington Redskins waas thin and also breaking in a new coach, while the Eagles, always a threat, did not gel until later last time around

But hey, I always tell people not to bet their Haircut money on what I say. Which BTW I avoid all together, I have not had a haircut in 12 years other than a self trim at home
Regarding the underlined... Lather, rinse, repeat

Old 10-07-2020, 06:25 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Eagles, Cowboys...

Old 10-07-2020, 08:19 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Washington starting Kyle Allen.. Haskins inactive.

That.. Doesn't bode well for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football