Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 04:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times

Advertisements

As far as the NFC East is concerned, the 2016 season starts today.
Philly plays Cleveland.
Washington plays Pittsburgh.
New York plays Dallas.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, today begins the new era of the head coach and the QB.
As long as Lane Johnson plays, the O-line should be O.K.
The running backs and the tight ends should be decent but there is a huge question about the wide receivers.
The front 4 should be the strength of the defense. The rest is iffy.
The special teams should be O.K.
In my opinion, anything better than 8-8 will be a plus.

Will Washington, Dallas, or New York be any good? Last year the division was pretty bad. Has it improved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 06:25 AM

62 posts, read 36,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
As far as the NFC East is concerned, the 2016 season starts today.
Philly plays Cleveland.
Washington plays Pittsburgh.
New York plays Dallas.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, today begins the new era of the head coach and the QB.
As long as Lane Johnson plays, the O-line should be O.K.
The running backs and the tight ends should be decent but there is a huge question about the wide receivers.
The front 4 should be the strength of the defense. The rest is iffy.
The special teams should be O.K.
In my opinion, anything better than 8-8 will be a plus.

Will Washington, Dallas, or New York be any good? Last year the division was pretty bad. Has it improved?
I don't understand what the Eagles thought process is. Chase Daniel has been in Pedersons system for a few years and totally understands the nuances of it. Wentz has been injured, literally no preseason experience, so they decide to start him?

Last edited by High Seas; 09-11-2016 at 06:33 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Seas View Post
I don't understand what the Eagles thought process is. Chase Daniel has been in Pedersons system for a few years and totally understands the nuances of it. Wentz has been injured, literally no preseason experience, so they decide to start him?
I guess they call it rolling the dice. MAYBE Pederson didn't like playing while McNabb was waiting to take his place. Who knows - or MAYBE they think that Daniel stinks.
We begin to fins out at in about 3 hours.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Wentz' first game was decent. He was pretty accurate. He didn't turn the ball over.
They beat a bad Browns team.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:44 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Wentz' first game was decent. He was pretty accurate. He didn't turn the ball over.
They beat a bad Browns team.
Browns are a bad team for sure. But as you pointed out, the kid didn't throw an INT. I think he looked nothing like a QB starting their first NFL game ever. He looked very confident. Defense did a great job as well. Promise in the future!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:00 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
I'm not impressed by anything anyone does against the Browns. They are just terrible.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I'm not impressed by anything anyone does against the Browns. They are just terrible.
It was better than losing to the Browns.

Were you "impressed" that the Giants beat the Cowboys by one point?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:36 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Browns gets Dak next week. So we may get a good A/B comparison.

It's OK to not jump on the Wentz bandwagon after one game against the Browns. However, he was solid and did not turn the ball over - and some of the throws were pin point accurate.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Browns gets Dak next week. So we may get a good A/B comparison.

It's OK to not jump on the Wentz bandwagon after one game against the Browns. However, he was solid and did not turn the ball over - and some of the throws were pin point accurate.
Dallas plays the skins next week.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Dallas plays the skins next week.
You are correct. Don't know where I got that from. I thought I heard it yesterday... actually I just remembered.

It's Chicago that plays the Eagles this week, and the Cowboys in week 3 that will see Carson and Dak, back to back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football