Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2023, 02:24 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Scooter has done a Youtube channel for years, over a decade He's hilarious to me at times although not a channel that I follow. I have just seen a few of his bits and have to say I'm a mild fan. He is a Cowboy fan and if that turns you off so be it but he does a lot more than pro-Cowboy bits but he's not an analyst... simply entertainment. Bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Magruder

It's not because he's a Dallas homer that he bothers me.. It's his screaming, quick cuts and things like that.

I think I'd actually be entertained by his "How Cowboys fans watched..." videos, but.. I can barely keep up he screams and quick-cuts so much.

I much prefer Tom Grossi's way of doing it. I even like his "Wildflower" for Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2023, 07:58 AM

1,987 posts, read 975,513 times
It just looks like the NFC East, and I know we are early in the season, is a two-horse race between Dallas and Phila.

Old 10-11-2023, 08:43 AM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It's not because he's a Dallas homer that he bothers me.. It's his screaming, quick cuts and things like that.

I think I'd actually be entertained by his "How Cowboys fans watched..." videos, but.. I can barely keep up he screams and quick-cuts so much.

I much prefer Tom Grossi's way of doing it. I even like his "Wildflower" for Washington.
I guess I have gotten used to Scooter's quick back & forth. Grossi is much slower and there is no interaction. What's the wildflower theme about - do you know?

Plus Scooter is consistent with the NFC East meetings right now and he has a distinct laugh for each character. I think it would help Grossi to have a consistent theme at least once a week. I will be checking out his content.

Old 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess I have gotten used to Scooter's quick back & forth. Grossi is much slower and there is no interaction. What's the wildflower theme about - do you know?

Plus Scooter is consistent with the NFC East meetings right now and he has a distinct laugh for each character. I think it would help Grossi to have a consistent theme at least once a week. I will be checking out his content.

I don't know about how the "Wildflower" for Washington came to be.. But, my guess, is that basically the only way people could stay Washington fans during the Snyder era was.. Drugs.

He had some great lines during a video about the team being sold..

Eagles - "Where's your normal outfit?"

Wildflower - "Oh, I sold it for drugs and alcohol"

Giants - "What?"

Wildflower - "Here, take my wallet, I need more"

Giants - "More what?"

Wildflower - "Yes!"

Old 11-08-2023, 09:36 AM

Week 9 Meeting

DAL-PHI back and forth

WAS internal thoughts

NYG waiting for Christimas

Many say Dak outperformed Jalen - but DAL was behind most of the second half. They had more pass attempts in the second half than Hurts had all game.

DAL 1/3 in the red zone in the second half, with no points on their two failures, proved fatal.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:43 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Week 9 Meeting

DAL-PHI back and forth

WAS internal thoughts

NYG waiting for Christimas

Many say Dak outperformed Jalen - but DAL was behind most of the second half. They had more pass attempts in the second half than Hurts had all game.

DAL 1/3 in the red zone in the second half, with no points on their two failures, proved fatal.
Statistically Dak far outplayed Hurts but it is a team game. Also McCarthy was outcoached (again). In Hurts and Philly's defense Hurts had a bum knee which limited the RPO.

Dak played a helluva game. The red zone issues were not his fault and definitely put Dallas in a hole with the penalties. Philly made timely plays and as a team known in 2023 for turnovers recovered all 3 of their own fumbles.

Dallas Cowboys --Stat Name-- Philadelphia Eagles
27 --- First Downs --- 20
19 --- Passes for First --- 10
3 --- Rushes for First --- 7
5 --- Penalties for First --- 3
6-15 --- Third Down Efficiency ---7-14
3-5 --- Fourth Down Efficiency ---2-2
406 --- Total Yards ---292
70 --- Total Plays --- 59
5.8 --- Avg Gain Per Play --- 4.9
73 --- Net Yards Rushing --- 109
21 --- Rushes --- 33
3.5 --- Yards Per Rush --- 3.3
333 --- Net Yards Passing --- 183
29-44 --- Comp-Att --- 17-23
6.8 --- Yards Per Pass --- 7.0
5 --- Times Sacked --- 3
41 --- Yds Lost To Sacks --- 24
0 --- Interceptions Thrown --- 0
2 --- Punts --- 5
41.0 --- Punt Average --- 51.8
10 --- Penalties --- 10
83 --- Penalty Yards --- 98
2 --- Fumbles --- 3
1 --- Fumbles Lost --- 0
00:29:42 --- Time of Possession --- 00:30:18

Neither team could run the ball effectively. Total yards lopsided in Cowboy's favor. Passing lopsided in Cowboy's favor. Eagles outrushed. Eagles more efficient on 3rd and 4th downs. ToP close to even (that surprised me). Clean game as far as INT's--zero.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Next week....the two top teams in the NFC West play the two top teams in the NFC East.

This week, the Niners play the Seahawks

Next week...Niners play the Eagles, and the Seahawks play the Cowboys.

Week after that.....Niners play the Seahawks again.

Old 11-27-2023, 04:56 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times
Great video but you'll have to click the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXlHT-O1ps

Old 12-01-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Great video but you'll have to click the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXlHT-O1ps
If you think it's just this one game, you are nuts.

Anyone going thru a game with a fine toothed comb can find many calls that are missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football