Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 11:53 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times

Advertisements

I think celebrations are silly and I think they are delaying the game and make grown men look juvenile.
What is so hard about waiting until leaving the field to celebrate on the side lines with your team mates?
I believe the old rule should be put back in place without the yardage penalty on the first infraction..but a warning should be given and than an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the second infraction against the team not the player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
i have gotten to the point where many of the end zone celebrations are getting stupid, but until the league shuts them down, not much i can do about it.

personally i think the players need to stop with the choreographed celebrations in the end zone, they are just stupid.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Are they getting to a point where...
  • it's too silly?
  • it will start provoking retaliation from the opposition?
  • they are too long?

Or is everyone OK with the Now Fun League?
Tired of seeing them - always like to see the player who just scored a TD to hand the ball to the ref and act like he's been there before - not drawing attention to himself because it's a team game and it takes a team to score a TD usually.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:46 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
I don't mind the celebrations at all. I mean, people complain about the "No Fun League" and then when the league allows for some fun, people complain about that. If the players are enjoying themselves and not trying to provoke the other team, then don't' worry about about it.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:48 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
Football is a GAME!

I love the celebrations as long as they are not taunting.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:58 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Personally I have never enjoyed celebrations over the decades I have been watching the NFL (again, just my personal opinion). This whole "fun" and entertainment thing I get, because the fans pay the $'s. I laughed when Cooks rode Gronk like a horse after his TD yesterday (Pats fan, and I was at the game).

Call me a stuffy professional. I'm a CPA. I don't do the *** when I save a client tax $'s. It's my job. I've played sports most of my life (not professionally). I'll high five or get a hug when I've scored goals (soccer, hockey). But that's it.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:16 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I am in the court of I think they are silly/stupid - it's one thing to make a gesture, a high five, raised arm, etc. but a "choreographed" dance (and worse...) - Just stop it! They are getting paid big bucks to be a PROFESSIONAL!

Old 11-27-2017, 04:28 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
I have no problem with it. The average NFL player age is 26 & most of the skilled positions scoring TDs are likely younger, so let the youth do what they want while they're still young & athletic.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I am in the court of I think they are silly/stupid - it's one thing to make a gesture, a high five, raised arm, etc. but a "choreographed" dance (and worse...) - Just stop it! They are getting paid big bucks to be a PROFESSIONAL!
i remember last season when zeke elliot jumped into one of the large salvation army pots at cowboys stadium, and he got flagged for unsportsman like conduct, yet the current crop of celebrations, the bowling, the red light green light bull crap isnt too much? same with some of the excessive celebrations last season as well.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i remember last season when zeke elliot jumped into one of the large salvation army pots at cowboys stadium, and he got flagged for unsportsman like conduct, yet the current crop of celebrations, the bowling, the red light green light bull crap isnt too much? same with some of the excessive celebrations last season as well.
from season to season these things change -during Hard Knocks, Bucs players were testing the refs about what was and wasn't allowed.....they should have focused on how to block and tackle instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football