Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:10 PM

796 posts, read 505,447 times

Advertisements

Another Pats SB and it seems like Jags were better team today but too many penalties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 04:11 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
Congratulations to the Patriots!

I'm in Minnesota and want the Vikings to win, obviously. But I was also hoping that the Patriots would win as well. If the Vikings make the Super Bowl, I want them playing the best team in football.

No offense to Jacksonville - I admire what they've done this season.

I also admire the Patriots' sustained excellence. A lot of people despise them but I admire a team that not only wins but does it year after year, in and out, never taking even a year off.

Note:
Brady now has 27 postseason wins as a starting quarterback. Montana is number two with 16. That sort of separation from the field is amazing, and it epitomizes the degree by which Brady has outpaced everyone else in NFL history when it comes to postseason performance. It really is astonishing.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:16 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
I'm sure the Steeler fans will enjoy watching James Harrison in the Superbowl.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:22 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Another Pats SB and it seems like Jags were better team today but too many penalties.
One thing for sure. they have now gotten the respect of the conference. They are going to be in the playoff mix for a while.

As far as the MVP goes? Well, the unsung heroes are the Pats O-line. Though Brady got sacked a couple times earlier, they gave Tom he needed to throw the ball, keep the chains moving, and get that ball to Amendola for six. Then after stopping the Jags, that run at the 1:20 mark--the hole that line had made, well, you could have driven a Kenworth through there.

But the Jaguars have nothing to feel bad about. They played a hell of a game like James Brown said on CBS pre game and Tony Romo as well. And both of these guys predicted that the game would be decided in the last minute. It was.

Don't forget how in sync the Patriot coaching staff is. And when you are in a chess match with Belichick, well you better not make any mistakes. Any.

The Patriots come up big at the end and are headed to Minneapolis!

Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
What an excellent game. May not have turned out this way if the zJags hadn't penalized themselves out of the game. Remember when the Pats used to do that??? Ugh.

Singing "Our" song...."We Are the Champions". 👩*🎤 Thank you, Queen.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:55 PM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Had the Patriots 23-17, so pretty spot on- and had the under 46 as well. Not quite the way I thought it would go down- thought perhaps the Jags would have the Patriots on their heels, but not to the tune of more than one score. I'd expect the Patriots favored by about 1-1/2 points vs the Vikings, About 5 to 6 points vs Philly. Books will likely assume Gronkowski will be ready with the week layoff.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:55 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times
Looks like another Superbowl with the New England Patriots, Talk about Boring.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:03 PM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Looks like another Superbowl with the New England Patriots, Talk about Boring.
Aren't they suppose to get there though and then you root for them to go down? Unless you are a Jaguar fan, would you really rather see Jacksonville in two weeks against Philly or Minnesota? Not me. We're inching closer to what I think produces the best story lines for a S.B after last weekend was done: the Patriots vs the Vikings in Minnesota.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:42 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post

NO! It was a game of 2 halves.....Patriots adjusted and Jaguars didn't.

Jaguars defense has to add blitz packages on passing downs because their weakness is if they can't pass rush the QB with 4 and give good to elite QB's long enough time their secondary gets torched.

I think they only brought a LB to blitz one time in the 4th quarter and they hit Brady good but they didn't do it again.

Eagles defense have blitz packages and their defense have better success in rushing the QB.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What an excellent game. May not have turned out this way if the zJags hadn't penalized themselves out of the game. Remember when the Pats used to do that??? Ugh.

Singing "Our" song...."We Are the Champions". 👩*🎤 Thank you, Queen.

their defense is average when the front 4 can't rush the passer. They have to add blitz packages to their play like the Eagles.......Their secondary gets torched when they can't get to the QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football