Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 11:35 AM

430 posts, read 290,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Maybe this will finally put an need to the name controversy.

New Poll Says 9 Out of 10 Native Americans Not Offend By Redskins Name

The article pretty much parrots what I've been saying all long.
I agree, this Political correctness has gotten out of hand, the name has been around for 84 years and there was not a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 11:44 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienlester View Post
I agree, this Political correctness has gotten out of hand, the name has been around for 84 years and there was not a problem with it.
Times change.. I mean, back in the 40's "Negro" was considered the standard term.

But.. I totally agree with you. Redskins has become the cause celeb for the PC crowd.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:31 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Maybe this will finally put an need to the name controversy.

New Poll Says 9 Out of 10 Native Americans Not Offend By Redskins Name

The article pretty much parrots what I've been saying all long.
Indeed.

Perhaps some people will finally realize that American Indians do not have red skin. Then again, the obvious seems to mystify some.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Indeed.

Perhaps some people will finally realize that American Indians do not have red skin. Then again, the obvious seems to mystify some.

indeed, that dude on the helmet with the feather in his hair is a Mexican

Old 05-31-2016, 09:39 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
indeed, that dude on the helmet with the feather in his hair is a Mexican
Mexicans are largely of "Indian" stock.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:09 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Bumping this thread because, come on, the season is getting closer! Heard that Cousins has been looking sharp in OTAs. He's been calling more audibles and line adjustments, starting to become more of an extension of the coaching staff on the field. I am a straight up homer, but I just don't see him regressing this year unless our offensive line goes to crap.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Bumping this thread because, come on, the season is getting closer! Heard that Cousins has been looking sharp in OTAs. He's been calling more audibles and line adjustments, starting to become more of an extension of the coaching staff on the field. I am a straight up homer, but I just don't see him regressing this year unless our offensive line goes to crap.
Well.. I wouldn't go that far.. I think he does regress SOME, simply because that's really the only direction to go.. You can't get much better than he played the last 10 games or so.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. I wouldn't go that far.. I think he does regress SOME, simply because that's really the only direction to go.. You can't get much better than he played the last 10 games or so.
You think he's reached his ceiling?

Old 06-29-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You think he's reached his ceiling?
i think those last 10 games or so.. He was playing just below Brady level. What will help him won't be improved play from HIM.. A friggin' running game will help him. That's not him playing better, that's people around him playing better.

You bring in a running game that's effective.. That takes away from the QB Passing stats because.. He doesn't have to throw 40 times a game. I said this last year.. Look back in this topic to find it.. I want to see Kirk passing no more than 30 times a game. Occasionally, yeah, you have to.. But, you get under 30 attempts, 250 yards and no picks.. You should win the game.

Remember.. Guy set the franchise record in yardage last year. What are you expecting? 5k yards passing? I don't see that, because I don't think Kirk can be a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning type QB that carries the team that has no running game.

They asked him to carry the team last year.. And he did. On a.. Simplified playbook. Not simplified from RGIII, but simplified based on what Gruden WANTS to do. They're expanding that playbook this year, I understand.. So, from that perspective, he's growing as a player. If you equate that with playing better.. Ok.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
i think those last 10 games or so.. He was playing just below Brady level. What will help him won't be improved play from HIM.. A friggin' running game will help him. That's not him playing better, that's people around him playing better.

You bring in a running game that's effective.. That takes away from the QB Passing stats because.. He doesn't have to throw 40 times a game. I said this last year.. Look back in this topic to find it.. I want to see Kirk passing no more than 30 times a game. Occasionally, yeah, you have to.. But, you get under 30 attempts, 250 yards and no picks.. You should win the game.

Remember.. Guy set the franchise record in yardage last year. What are you expecting? 5k yards passing? I don't see that, because I don't think Kirk can be a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning type QB that carries the team that has no running game.

They asked him to carry the team last year.. And he did. On a.. Simplified playbook. Not simplified from RGIII, but simplified based on what Gruden WANTS to do. They're expanding that playbook this year, I understand.. So, from that perspective, he's growing as a player. If you equate that with playing better.. Ok.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of the intangibles. How's his leadership? How comfortable is he with audibles? Does he understand enough of what he sees at pre-snap to change line protections correctly? Is he going to be trusted enough to have coaches radio in just a formation and play type, and have him choose the most effective play from that? Will he continue to expand on his anticipation of his receivers getting just enough separation to make the catch? Will he continue to get more comfortable behind his line's blocking and show patience with allowing plays to develop? And the most obvious, can he lead the 'skins to wins over playoff caliber teams?

These are the things I'm looking at. I can care less what the stats are. If Kirk has regression in his statistical output, but leads the team to a 12-4 regular season record and deep into the playoffs, then I consider that improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football