Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 05:42 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,062,512 times

Advertisements

Ugly win... but hey, it's a win! With everyone else losing in the NFC East today, the 'Skins are right back in it.

This division may be the worst division in the NFL this year, anyone disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 PM

14,328 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Hate to go that route this early in the season, but definitely could be. Watched part of the Cowboy/Charger game, it was strange. Cowboys are not good.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hate to go that route this early in the season, but definitely could be. Watched part of the Cowboy/Charger game, it was strange. Cowboys are not good.
Yeah, it seems to me that every team in the NFC East is below average compared to other teams.

NY Giants are a dumpster fire, the Eagles stink, the 'Skins are horrible especially defensively and the Cowboys are not as good as their 2-2 record. This division is awful!

Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 PM

14,328 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Giants are surprising this year! I thought the 'skins might start out slow as RGIII gained his footing/confidence but not the way they have looked. Cowboys to me are always over hyped and over rated.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I thought the 'skins might start out slow as RGIII gained his footing/confidence.
The strange thing to me is that all the pundits on ESPN and such have been talking about Griffin and his knee being the issue but in my opinion, the defense is what's been the problem so far... The defense has been horrid.. much worse than Griffin and the offense. This has been one of the worst defenses I've ever seen, not counting today.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Ugly win... but hey, it's a win! With everyone else losing in the NFC East today, the 'Skins are right back in it.

This division may be the worst division in the NFL this year, anyone disagree?
yea, its bad.. probably the worst in the league right now but we still got 12 games to play so who knows. 7-9 is looking better every week. I say the team that fares the best within the division probably takes it.. and each team has only played 1 division game so far..

Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
a win is a win....ill take it. but damn man, our struggles continue. offensive line is horrible, Redskins are 2nd in the league in drops, Griffin still making poor decisions at times.

and even.though we faced a Raiders team without Pryor and Mcfadden, our defense looked good for the first time this season.

oh....and please get Chris Thomson outta there on returns. hes AWFUL.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
The defense still has not figured out how to tackle. They're making third string running backs look like pro bowlers. I'm mostly looking at the linebackers - what has happened with London Fletcher? He used to be automatic on tackling, now he just plain sucks.

However, there are some bright sides to the defense. Orakpo and Kerrigan are looking like a pretty scary duo. Kerrigan has been THE best player on defense, hands down. Orkapo seems to get injured every single game, but at least he's coming back in and playing through it. While David Amerson will continue to go through his rookie growing pains, he's definitely turned it up a notch or two in the past couple of games. That pick six was pretty sweet, and the dude has the speed. He just needs to learn to limit those rookie mistakes, and I think we'll be OK with him. So far, I can't really complain about Hall. He's been pretty solid this year - it's really been the linebackers, and Rambo in the secondary, that's put a hurting on the defense. Rambo is benched and we're getting Jackson and Jenkins back after the bye. Hopefully the defense will figure it out by the Dallas game.

Robert Griffin III looks very ordinary out there. It was almost as if his second year and his rookie year switched places. He's made a lot of mistakes this year, bad throws, doesn't know how to slide, etc...but he seems to be more comfortable in the hurry up, so I'm glad Kyle implemented the hurry up in their regular offense. I hope they keep doing that. I'm also hoping Alfred Morris' rib injury is not serious, but at least he'll have a week off to heal - the 'skins offense needs Alf!

Not really a win that makes me excited about this team. If anything, it just let's me breathe a bit easier knowing this team won't be 0-16, lol. But, if this 'skins team is better than their record states, then they should have pounded the Raiders. But, I'll take a possible chance at being in first place at 2-3 in a few weeks.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM

It's Cowboy week!! So, who's got the worse defense? Man, what a toss up!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
It's Cowboy week!! So, who's got the worse defense? Man, what a toss up!
Jenkins and Jackson are supposed to be back for the 'skins, so hopefully that will help plug some holes in our swiss cheese defense. I just don't see the Cowboys having as great of a day offensively as they did on Sunday. I think it's one of those deals where your football team tends to "get up" for a game that you know is going to be a very tough game to play, but I think they relax somewhat against the 'skins. I really don't know what to expect though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football