Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 08:13 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Morris was my favorite, along my wife's favorite Redskins player as well. I got her a Morris jersey for Christmas a couple years ago. She's sad that he's no longer with the team, but is going to be highly upset if he signs with the Cowboys.

I'm surprised the QB situation is dragging out this long. I figured Kapernick would have been signed away by either the Broncos or Jets by now. RGIII may very well wind up in Cleveland, but I think he still goes to San Fran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm surprised the QB situation is dragging out this long. I figured Kapernick would have been signed away by either the Broncos or Jets by now. RGIII may very well wind up in Cleveland, but I think he still goes to San Fran.
He's under contract. A big contract. Nothing has to happen quickly and likely won't happen quickly..

He's going to have to renegotiate that contract to get a trade through. Noone's going to pay him the money he's due under the existing contract.

RGIII is a bit more surprising. I'd have expected him to be a piece that fell in before the other moves we're seeing, such as Osweiler and Sanchez moving. But, it also seems he's not going to fall into place until Kaepernick lands somewhere, or is eliminated from moving somewhere. If Cleveland really wants Kap, they might be using the RGIII visit as leverage.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He's under contract. A big contract. Nothing has to happen quickly and likely won't happen quickly..

He's going to have to renegotiate that contract to get a trade through. Noone's going to pay him the money he's due under the existing contract.

RGIII is a bit more surprising. I'd have expected him to be a piece that fell in before the other moves we're seeing, such as Osweiler and Sanchez moving. But, it also seems he's not going to fall into place until Kaepernick lands somewhere, or is eliminated from moving somewhere. If Cleveland really wants Kap, they might be using the RGIII visit as leverage.
From what I hear, Kaepernick is holding up the deal for all the other remaining free agent quarterbacks. Honestly, Kaep would probably fit well for Chip Kelly, but I don't think they like each other very much.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:23 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
From what I hear, Kaepernick is holding up the deal for all the other remaining free agent quarterbacks. Honestly, Kaep would probably fit well for Chip Kelly, but I don't think they like each other very much.
I think it's less Chip Kelly and more the 49ers ownership he has a problem with. I agree with you, I think he could do well in Kelly's system.

I think he's shooting himself in the foot demanding a trade.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:39 AM

I HATE to see Alfred Morris go to the hated Dallas Cowboys. I wish him well though. He's a good guy and he deserves an opportunity to succeed with another team. Just wish it wasn't in the NFC East! Sorry to say, you put on that helmet with the star on the side, you become the enemy.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 AM

Anquan Boldin & Vernon Davis visit the Redskins. Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton could possibly be re-signed. I'm fine with these guys as long as they sign for the league minimum.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:16 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Not crazy about the Boldin idea, signing 36 year olds at a position that is already a strength is puzzling. I went to Maryland so I shoulld like Vernon Davis but I just don't. Never was as good as he should have been and I can't believe he will come cheap.

But I gotta say I love how we aren't in the news with big splash signings the first 2 days. Ever notice how the teams that do that always seem to suck and rarely include the Pats, Steelers, Packers? Now it appears as if the Giants have taken that route, works for me. I will never get over the salary cap penalty, I freaking hate the Giants.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:37 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Redskins' McCloughan doing things the Packers' way | CSN Mid-Atlantic

I'm on the internet, big shock, searching for Packers news and what do I get? Redskins news! Ha! Doing things the Packer way, which drives Packer fans nuts, even though it will not be any other way!

They finally signed Cook, a free agent, and fans don't like it because he isn't the best TE in the world! They want Ted to go after big name, high priced players. In 2017, they have a huge amount of critical position players coming up for contracts, 18 or so, I think, they cannot mess up the cap this year, as 2017 will be brutal!

Old 03-31-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Not crazy about the Boldin idea, signing 36 year olds at a position that is already a strength is puzzling. I went to Maryland so I shoulld like Vernon Davis but I just don't. Never was as good as he should have been and I can't believe he will come cheap.

But I gotta say I love how we aren't in the news with big splash signings the first 2 days. Ever notice how the teams that do that always seem to suck and rarely include the Pats, Steelers, Packers? Now it appears as if the Giants have taken that route, works for me. I will never get over the salary cap penalty, I freaking hate the Giants.
Don't know for how much, but Vernon Davis has signed with the Redskins. It is a one year deal. It can't be very much. Davis did next to nothing in Denver last year, so there is no way he would be asking for a big contract. He does add quality depth. Least we remember last year when we had to sign tight ends off the street just to have a warm body to throw into the game.

Doubt Boldin signs. He was just visiting the 'skins. If he does, again, it would probably be a one year deal.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Redskins' McCloughan doing things the Packers' way | CSN Mid-Atlantic

I'm on the internet, big shock, searching for Packers news and what do I get? Redskins news! Ha! Doing things the Packer way, which drives Packer fans nuts, even though it will not be any other way!

They finally signed Cook, a free agent, and fans don't like it because he isn't the best TE in the world! They want Ted to go after big name, high priced players. In 2017, they have a huge amount of critical position players coming up for contracts, 18 or so, I think, they cannot mess up the cap this year, as 2017 will be brutal!
Remember, Scot McCloughan has ties to the Packers. He was on the scouting team back in the 90's. I have enjoyed the low-key approach to free agency and the more emphasis on the draft. Scot is turning this franchise around. The hope is that he is able to keep his wits about him, not fall victim to the bottle again, and stick with the 'skins for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football