Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 11:00 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Its all about winning. Giant fans heard that all through 07 and 11.. Not comparing this team to those but...this stuff about ONLY winning by a point is just silly. All these teams are so close.

LOL on Favre..you guys still cant accept the fact the Giants were SB champs in 11. So funny.
No for a lot of us we still can't accept the crippling cap penalty, orchestrated by Mara, for contracts in an uncapped year that had previously been approved by the league. That crap will never be forgotten. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Wow, those games are over 10 years ago and long forgotten, mercy! The only thing I have trouble with is the 2014 meltdown in the NFC championship game with a 16 point lead!

Old 11-15-2016, 02:06 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
The giants only win last night by 1 pt and actually should have lost the game. And the giants only beat GB because of Brett Favre the turnover machine
I had to reread this post before I realized you were talking about game played about a decade ago.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:46 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I had to reread this post before I realized you were talking about game played about a decade ago.
Just pointing out he had a history of throwing ints late in playoff games

Old 11-15-2016, 03:03 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
No for a lot of us we still can't accept the crippling cap penalty, orchestrated by Mara, for contracts in an uncapped year that had previously been approved by the league. That crap will never be forgotten. Ever.
What did that have to do with not accepting the Giants winning in 7 or 11 ...the cap thing happened after.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:43 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Developing a man-crush on Robert Kelley. Keep churning, dude.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Man, I feel like that tie that we should've won is going to come back to haunt us in late December. God I'd do anything to be 6-3 right now instead of 5-3-1.

Hopkins is our guy moving forward, but man oh man did he tear my heart out in London. Ugh. And the Detroit loss....I can't believe we could be 7-2

Old 11-16-2016, 01:09 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Developing a man-crush on Robert Kelley. Keep churning, dude.
I said this the other day, I wasn't a believer at first, but Kelley is tough. I really have warmed up to his style...

Let me say this too, I was pondering whether Cousins should get a big money deal by using the primary criteria of could we win a title with him. I think we can--he's kind of in that Eli Manning/Joe Flacco mold, and honestly there are games where he looks better than both (he outplayed them both this year), and both of them have rings. I like the direction of the team around him. If we put a competitive roster around him we have a shot, and we still we get 400+ yard, 3+ TD outbursts from him time to time. I like the development of our line and running backs. I'm not concerned with losing Jackson, and I'm not sold on Doctson, but I don't want to lose Garcon. We may really have to replace half our receiver core in the off-season, but Jesus, Crowder/Reed/Davis, we have the receiver core...

On defense we have to get some help for Norman on the back end. It seems to me that Breeland and has regressed this year, and our safeties are old. We have to solidify the Front 7 with more diverse players who can stuff the run, but I am high on Compton's potential...

Ultimately, a few more wins, and it's beginning to get to a point where we expect the Washington Redskins to win every week, and when's the last time we could say that? McCloughan is a genius team builder, Gruden is continuing to grow as a coach. If last year was the year we won the division by surprise, and overall this year looks like we've taken a step forward, Year 3 of McCloughan's Redskins could be really close to being a legitimate championship contender. This is exciting. I'm 27 years old and I've been a Redskin for 17 years, and never have I been able to say or even felt that we were on the cusp of being a real threat. This is an amazing feeling!

Let's keep the Packers losing streak going on Sunday. HTTR!

Old 11-16-2016, 02:50 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
All this Giants and Favre talk had me literally checking to see if this was the Redskins board..

Old 11-16-2016, 02:53 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Man, I feel like that tie that we should've won is going to come back to haunt us in late December. God I'd do anything to be 6-3 right now instead of 5-3-1.

Hopkins is our guy moving forward, but man oh man did he tear my heart out in London. Ugh. And the Detroit loss....I can't believe we could be 7-2
The skins are going to the playoffs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football