Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times

Advertisements

yeah...i'm really worried about our defense this week. Calvin Johnson, Pettigrew, Bush, Bell...yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
With that defense.. There is a good chance, they will be! How the heck are they going to stop Detroit's offense?
I realize Detroit has Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush - although Bush may not play this weekend - but what's so scary about Detroit's offense? They're not putting up huge numbers - they scored 21 points against Arizona. They're not a good road team. Going up against an angry 0-2 team on the road is probably not a good situation for the Lions.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I realize Detroit has Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush - although Bush may not play this weekend - but what's so scary about Detroit's offense? They're not putting up huge numbers - they scored 21 points against Arizona. They're not a good road team. Going up against an angry 0-2 team on the road is probably not a good situation for the Lions.
You crack me up! Do you ever take your fan goggles off and smell reality?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Arizona has a legit Defense. Washington does not. I do not trust DeAngelo to keep Calvin under control at all.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
You crack me up! Do you ever take your fan goggles off and smell reality?
What are you, 12 years old? Fan goggles? Really?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
What are you, 12 years old? Fan goggles? Really?
Yep, you got me. Why? You got something against 12 year olds?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Reggie Bush probably won't be 100%...that's the only good thing going for our defense right now LOL.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Reggie Bush probably won't be 100%...that's the only good thing going for our defense right now LOL.
Yep... I have him on my fantasy team!

The one thing the 'Skins have going for them is that the NFC East stinks so far this year. The Midgets are 0-2, the Beagles are 1-2 and the CowPies are 1-1 so if the Redskins can win the next game and build on that momentum, they'd be very much back in the mix. But it all starts with their defense... they stink so far this year!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Yep, you got me. Why? You got something against 12 year olds?
Yes, when they can't have a decent conversation without personally attacking someone else. I don't care if you don't agree with me, I don't expect you to, but personally attacking me because you disagree with me is pretty much immature.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Arizona has a legit Defense. Washington does not. I do not trust DeAngelo to keep Calvin under control at all.
I think that remains to be seen. Nobody can possibly know how the season is going to end after the first two games. If the first two to four games of the season is a good indicator of how the season is going to go, then by that logic, the Redskins should have been in the playoffs the last several years. That is why I don't get very upset or excited over a team two games into a season. Now, if the 'skins drop to 0-4 by their bye week, then I'll start to panic.

That is why I scoff at the point of Arizona's defense being "legit". They have given up an average of 22.5 points in their first two ball games, to teams who were not playoff caliber teams last year (or at least missed the playoffs.) Arizona's defense is average at best - quite so, they were ranked 17th last year. So, pretty much dead average. So, Arizona's dead average defense beat the Lions "high powered" offense that may not have Reggie Bush this weekend.

With that said, yes, the Card's defense is playing much better than the Redskins defense, but you're making it sound like Arizona has a top 5 defense and they don't. As much as I respect Mathew Stafford and Calvin Johnson - and while I expect them to hook up for some big plays and score some TD's, I don't believe the Lions will beat the Redskins. Yes, I realize the defense is going to HAVE to play much better than they have. Also the offense. I believe they will. Yes, I am a diehard Redskins fan so I'm hoping the Redskins will win, and I believe they will. Will I be surprised if the 'skins lose? No, not really. Disappointed? Absolutely, but this is the same team that was fielded a year ago. Robert has to play better - mentally - the defense has to play a heck of a lot better - especially the rookies. I think they get it done this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football