Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 01:23 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Agreed! I know way back after last season, some of us had a conversation here on the running backs and the general consensus was that Alfred Morris was expendable. My personal opinion was that we could still use Morris, and the only reason why his numbers were down was because he was sharing time with both Matt Jones and Chris Thompson. And Matt Jones looked more explosive than Morris, and could actually catch the ball out of the backfield. However, after having a season without Morris and seeing that he can still break some good runs, I wish we had kept him.
I was a proponent of Morris, and talked quite a bit last year about him not getting enough carries. The whole first half with Morris and second half with Jones thing really annoyed me. I was not a believer in Jones. Hopeful, but I wasn't sold on him

That being said.. It did all work out. Took a bit.. But it's worked out. If we had resigned Morris.. The numbers ($$) would have been bigger. It even worked out not resigning Pierre Thomas, which I was also a proponent of. I really felt he was needed for the veteran leadership. And.. He might have helped develop Jones.. but.. Again.. It all worked out.

You get 20 carries from Kelly for 100 yards and 35 passes from Cousins for 250+.. We lose that game.. Ok. You're not gonna win 'em all. Figure with 20 touches from Kelly, you'll have another 10 or so from Thompson to basically balance it out

I'm concerned about letting D.Jax go.. Mainly because he's probably going back to the Eagles. The upsides of letting him go.. Save money.. He's often hurt. The downside.. He's going to the Eagles.. We don't know if Doctson can fill his shoes.

Kelly, as I said a few weeks ago.. He needs to have hands on the ball 20 times a game. And if he gets 20 touches a game, and pulls in 80-90 yards.. That should be good enough. but a 10 to 1 pass-to-run ratio, which is what it was early last week.. That's not going to fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 01:34 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Good news is, that Gruden said that Kelly will get the rock a lot this weekend. And the Eagles haven't been the best at running D lately.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:44 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Good news is, that Gruden said that Kelly will get the rock a lot this weekend. And the Eagles haven't been the best at running D lately.
That is very good news! One thing I did notice in the Cardinals game that I had not noticed before, is the emergence of the counter trey, with the twist of the quarterback being in the pistol instead of lining up underneath the center. This seemed to spring some good runs for Kelly, and I don't know why they don't try to implement this when they are in the red zone, inside the 5 yard line. It's worth a try. I would also stress to implement a jumbo package on those downs. Have your biggest linemen come in along with your top blocking tight ends and bulldoze your way into the end zone. Instead of the fade pass crap that never works because you're trying to call a fade to your shortest wide receiver!

Old 12-09-2016, 07:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Philly sportswriters picked the skins to win based on these numbers from Cousins vs the Eagles the last 4 game vs the eagles

1. Completed 110 out of 174 passes

2. 10 TD passes and 2 int's

3. averaging 336 yds passing a game

4. won all 4 games

Old 12-09-2016, 08:28 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Philly sportswriters picked the skins to win based on these numbers from Cousins vs the Eagles the last 4 game vs the eagles

1. Completed 110 out of 174 passes

2. 10 TD passes and 2 int's

3. averaging 336 yds passing a game

4. won all 4 games
due to lose ...law of averages

Old 12-09-2016, 08:41 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
The Browns have been saying the opposite of that for 12 games in a row. Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
well if the Skins lose that may just put a huge dent in their playoffs hopes because the Bucs play the Saints at home which is probably a win because the Saints are not good on the road. So that would put the Bucs at 8-5 and the Skins at 6-6-1 with 3 games left to play. Not only that the Bucs play the Saints again and the Panthers so that will be atleast 2 wins out of the last 3 games making them 10-6.

So that Skins game tomorrow is huge.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:48 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
well if the Skins lose that may just put a huge dent in their playoffs hopes because the Bucs play the Saints at home which is probably a win because the Saints are not good on the road. So that would put the Bucs at 8-5 and the Skins at 6-6-1 with 3 games left to play. Not only that the Bucs play the Saints again and the Panthers so that will be atleast 2 wins out of the last 3 games making them 10-6.

So that Skins game tomorrow is huge.
Id say all the games are huge for everybody in the WC hunt at this point. Giants least so.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:51 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Really excited to be watching a big game on December 11, that's been rare around here the last 20 years. The Eagles are still the team I hate the most, hoping for another win. We have owned them recently.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Id say all the games are huge for everybody in the WC hunt at this point. Giants least so.
The games today are a little bit bigger for the skins, packers, and giants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football