Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 10:26 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,580 times

Advertisements

This game is hard to call. The Panthers remind me of the Cardinals this year and they beat us. However, Cam has regressed big time since his concussion earlier this year, and the Panthers might prevent him from running so much for the rest of the season to prevent injuries since this is already a lost season for them. We still need to watch out for Jonathan Stewart more than anyone, though. We've had issues with RB's as of late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 10:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,476,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This game is hard to call. The Panthers remind me of the Cardinals this year and they beat us. However, Cam has regressed big time since his concussion earlier this year, and the Panthers might prevent him from running so much for the rest of the season to prevent injuries since this is already a lost season for them. We still need to watch out for Jonathan Stewart more than anyone, though. We've had issues with RB's as of late.
I also view this game like the Cardinals game. This is another winnable game that the Redskins could easily lose, because they never seem to match up well against the Panthers. Cam has had our number the last few times these teams have met, and I think the Panthers beat the 'skins the year before Cam was drafted, so the Redskins haven't had a win against the Panthers in awhile.

If the Redskins can pull off a win against the Panthers, they should beat the Bears (although weather in Chicago could always play a factor), and that would set them up with a big game at home against the Giants. I'm just hoping that between now and then, either the Giants or the Bucs (or both) will have dropped at least one game. It's one of those situations where the Redskins could not only make the playoffs but wind up stealing the 5th seed from the Giants, or not make the playoffs even if they win out. That Cardinals game really killed them. I was more deflated after that game than any of the other games this year.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:30 AM

16,285 posts, read 10,431,766 times
I don't like us at all this week. Sure wish we had caught Carolina earlier in the year, they are playing verry well now. And as SK37 says it's on Monday Night. What happened on a MNF game in 1997 should have no bearing on this game but until it changes I have no reason to beieve it's changing.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times
Our defense is a crappy situation all around. The Redskins are 32nd in money spent on defense this year. DEAD LAST. The talent just isn't there. That said, Barry makes it worse as he always has guys out of position.

As I've said before, I don't care if we make a big defensive splash in FA and draft some potential studs....I want Barry gone.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:19 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,642,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
So the Redskins are playing the hometown (my hometown) Panthers on Monday night. After this week, I'm done with work until the new year, so I'll be staying up to watch the game. I'm hoping with the Redskins win in their last prime time game, that they have broken the prime time game curse. Although, this is a Monday night game and I can't remember the last time the Redskins have won on Monday night.
Their last win on MNF was in 2014.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:24 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,616,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
They're definitely overdue.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:40 PM

13,655 posts, read 20,791,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Colt McCoy knocking off the Cowboys, right?

Great game.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times
I have this sinking feeling we get "the same ol' skins" on Monday Night. I hate prime time games for us.

I still have nightmares about the Monday Night Massacre. Ugh.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I have this sinking feeling we get "the same ol' skins" on Monday Night. I hate prime time games for us.

I still have nightmares about the Monday Night Massacre. Ugh.
As a Panthers I can assure you there is no repeat of that game fitting to happen. I think it will be a close game and first to 21 wins.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:55 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,476,639 times
It's not going to be a blowout in either direction. Could be a 27-24 type of game either way. Hopefully what will help is this being a home game.

And I should have remembered that Monday night game against Dallas. My son was barely a week old staying in the NICU. The Dallas game was the first game I got to watch since he was born, and it was glorious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football