Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 12:45 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times

Advertisements

Afternoon everyone. It's been a long time since I was a regular, 2 season ago I was as close to bailing as you can be, had it with Snyder. But alas you only have one team and this is mine.

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one not totally sold on Gibson as an every down back. He has to learn the instincts of a running back and that's not guaranteed. I was cool on the Fitz signing but it sure beat the other options discussed, such as giving up picks for a bust in Darnold or a Mariotta who has proven not to be the answer. There is a reason Fitz has played on 43 different teams, he will always let you down.

But after seeing years of a QBs throwing 5 yard passes 80% of the time I look forward to some excitement from the position for a change. Alex Smith made an incredible recovering, it was simply amazing. But he is no longer a viable NFL QB and he should just shut up already. It was perfectly understandable that RR hesitated in putting him in after all he went through, who can blame him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:30 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
We're almost up.. I say it's probably down to Owusu-Koramoah or Darrisaw

Two big needs.. But.. I still sit there and kinda drool over seeing Etienne available. But, I think it'd be a bit of overspending at this point to take him.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Jamin Davis is the pick. I think he is a reach but Ron Rivera is the man behind Luke Keuchly and Shaq Thompson so Davis is in good hands to develop.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Jamin Davis is the pick. I think he is a reach but Ron Rivera is the man behind Luke Keuchly and Shaq Thompson so Davis is in good hands to develop.

He was the second best LB available.. That guy from ND is apparently having his Aaron Rodgers moment, just watching himself fall further and further.. Teams must have found out something on him.

The worry about this guy is that he's not great against the run, though.. Look at who we have now, does it matter if someone isn't great against the run? As long as they can learn.

I like the pick. he was only a 1 year starter at KY, but reading up on him, it's the personal life that really makes me happy. Kid interned at a lawyer's office.. So, he's got some smarts to him. Parents are military. NASCAR fan.

I like the pick. Even if he doesn't develop.. He seems to be a good person and deserves it.

Owusu-Koramoah.. i just saw he is from Hampton, VA... And.. i always have concerns about people from there.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:18 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
I really like the draft, but then again every fan of every team usually feels this way. The draft is the one time when ever fan can feel optimism. Davis was the perfect pick IMO, JOK is too small and I was concerned that he did not have a position, tweeners have a higher bust rate. And I learned he has a possible heart condition. But Davis looks to be a 3 down LB who is fast and can cover, the team's biggest need IMO. I wish they had doubled up and gotten another linebacker as they are putting a lot on a draft pick to solve this problem, and LB was a huge problem.

Then the got the OT they needed as well. I wasn't crazy about trading a future 5th to a division to draft a long snapper, WTF? But in Ron I trust.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

Then the got the OT they needed as well. I wasn't crazy about trading a future 5th to a division to draft a long snapper, WTF? But in Ron I trust.

The number of low round picks that pan out is pretty small. Other than the ones in specialized positions, like a long snapper.

Not sure why they didn't resign Sundberg. He's getting up there in age, but was still doing his job well. Tress Way is one of, if not the best punter in the league and he can't do that without a reliable long snapper.

The pick that has me interested is Dak Milne.. Mr Almost Irrelevant. He could be a diamond in the rough. Had a very good year at BYU.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He was the second best LB available.. That guy from ND is apparently having his Aaron Rodgers moment, just watching himself fall further and further.. Teams must have found out something on him.

The worry about this guy is that he's not great against the run, though.. Look at who we have now, does it matter if someone isn't great against the run? As long as they can learn.

I like the pick. he was only a 1 year starter at KY, but reading up on him, it's the personal life that really makes me happy. Kid interned at a lawyer's office.. So, he's got some smarts to him. Parents are military. NASCAR fan.

I like the pick. Even if he doesn't develop.. He seems to be a good person and deserves it.

Owusu-Koramoah.. i just saw he is from Hampton, VA... And.. i always have concerns about people from there.
While I want to get offended being a Hampton native myself, I kind of get it with Vick and Iverson (a little.) But I like to think that Mike Tomlin and to a lesser degree Tyrod Taylor kind of redeemed our image. Not an easy place to come from but not the worst place ever.

Davis is pretty cool and I think he is in great hands with Riverboat Ron.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
While I want to get offended being a Hampton native myself, I kind of get it with Vick and Iverson (a little.) But I like to think that Mike Tomlin and to a lesser degree Tyrod Taylor kind of redeemed our image. Not an easy place to come from but not the worst place ever.

Davis is pretty cool and I think he is in great hands with Riverboat Ron.

The shade is more at MARCUS Vick than Michael.

Michael.. I think got caught up in it, and being from that area was probably the cause.

Marcus is just a waste of human life.

Old 05-11-2021, 04:46 PM

Colt Brennan passed away. Hate that.. I was excited when they drafted him and he played very well in the limited preseason action he saw. Always thought he should have gotten more of a shot, considering who they had around in the QB position at that time.. Campbell who everyone had given up on, then getting Grossman

Old 05-24-2021, 09:54 AM

Morgan Moses was released last week. I had seen where they agreed to allow him to seek a trade.

Hard for me to argue with Ron Rivera on this one.. Moses played maybe the best of his career last year, but prior to that.. as I liked to call him, he was a penalty machine. Those 10 yard penalties for holding are killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football