Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 07:10 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,495,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Well it's not like we haven't seen this before, it happened last year too. Well at least Jordan Reed is healthy, for now. Chris Thompson's absence is really hurting, that guy just can't stay on the field.
Similar to Jordan Reed. Reed was our secret weapon, then would get hurt, and our offense would suffer from it. Now, Chris Thompson is our secret weapon, he gets hurt, and now we're suffering from it. Reed is healthy again, but has been a non-factor. Vernon Davis has outplayed Reed. Our entire offensive line has been reshuffled due to injury. We have two new players starting on the line this week. Richardson is out. Hoping Jamison Crowder is back. He hasn't been a huge player for us in awhile, but he's consistent at least. Mo Harris can get open downfield - I would put him on some go routes and see what can happen. Doctson, well, I don't know what to think about him. At times, it seems like he might be coming around, and then he gets the case of the drops. I haven't viewed him as anything more than another Taylor Jacobs so far. I think he's headed toward bust city. I always like to give these guys the benefit of doubt, especially when their first season was wasted on IR. I just hope Guice is everything as advertised for us next year. But it will all be for not if the front office doesn't start looking into adding some high quality depth to that offensive line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 09:12 AM

17,677 posts, read 15,386,072 times
Huh.. Saw a FB post today.. Trey Quinn is back at practice.. I thought he was out for the year.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:16 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,488,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Similar to Jordan Reed. Reed was our secret weapon, then would get hurt, and our offense would suffer from it. Now, Chris Thompson is our secret weapon, he gets hurt, and now we're suffering from it. Reed is healthy again, but has been a non-factor. Vernon Davis has outplayed Reed. Our entire offensive line has been reshuffled due to injury. We have two new players starting on the line this week. Richardson is out. Hoping Jamison Crowder is back. He hasn't been a huge player for us in awhile, but he's consistent at least. Mo Harris can get open downfield - I would put him on some go routes and see what can happen. Doctson, well, I don't know what to think about him. At times, it seems like he might be coming around, and then he gets the case of the drops. I haven't viewed him as anything more than another Taylor Jacobs so far. I think he's headed toward bust city. I always like to give these guys the benefit of doubt, especially when their first season was wasted on IR. I just hope Guice is everything as advertised for us next year. But it will all be for not if the front office doesn't start looking into adding some high quality depth to that offensive line.
I believe I was the last believer in Josh Doctson but I'm afraid that ship has sailed, the 2 big drops to start that last game was just too much for me. Like all our receivers the guy just never gets separation, ever. Even when he makes a catch the defender is right there. Crowder is unbelievably frustrating. We all thought we were going to have one of the better slot receivers after his rookie season. He is in year 3 now and his rookie season was the only one where he was worth a schitt. As a Maryand grad I wanted them to take Diggs but I was OK with the Crowder pick as he was the most polished route runner in that draft. Now that looks like yet another Scott M screw up. What a disappointment his 2 years here were.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:20 PM

Well.. It's a win.

I think it's more Tampa lost the game than Washington won, but.. Counts the same as all the other W's.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:51 PM

18,255 posts, read 25,924,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. It's a win.

I think it's more Tampa lost the game than Washington won, but.. Counts the same as all the other W's.
Fox showed the last few minutes of the game in my area. And after taking a look at USA Today's box score of the game, I'm shaking my head at one, actually two stats.

Tampa Bay had 501 yards total offense.
And they scored just 3 points.

Now 4 stats---The Bucs had 29 first downs and were 6 for 10 on third down situations.

And it's not as if they had total dominance regarding the clock, IIRC the Bucs had the ball for just over 31 minutes of the game. Sometime this week I'm going to search the TV guide on the NFL Network and see if they will replay the game sometime this week.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Fox showed the last few minutes of the game in my area. And after taking a look at USA Today's box score of the game, I'm shaking my head at one, actually two stats.

Now 4 stats---The Bucs had 29 first downs and were 6 for 10 on third down situations.

And it's not as if they had total dominance regarding the clock, IIRC the Bucs had the ball for just over 31 minutes of the game. Sometime this week I'm going to search the TV guide on the NFL Network and see if they will replay the game sometime this week.

Since I've switched to YouTubeTV.. I just use a GPS spoofer on my phone.. So, I was in downtown Fairfax, so far as they knew, and got DC local channels. So, I'm actually able to watch the games now.

It was near constant that Tampa would drive 60+ yards and then something happens inside the 20. 2 pretty bad picks, 2 missed FGs.

They were throwing at Danny Johnson all day long, and completing passes against him all day long.

Doctson actually caught everything thrown at him, which might be a first. Couple of good catches as well. Bibbs looked really good again. He had a 40 yard catch and run called back for a hold my Moses, I think it was.

Moses went out as well with another injury. Don't think he came back, but it didn't look severe.

A fair amount of tackling problems on defense. Fitzpatrick looked like Randall Cunningham at times. Should have been sacked 5 times or so, they only got him twice. And he made a boneheaded run that should have been a first down where he could have easily slid for it, but ran to the side and led to one of the missed FGs.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:59 PM

11,320 posts, read 11,082,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

These are stats any coach would cream for! Somehow, the Bucs found a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory!

Old 11-11-2018, 07:15 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,495,244 times
This is a perfect example of an ugly win. It looked really ugly - especially on offense. And as to be expected, the offense continues to struggle, but I'll say, I thought the offensive line held up much better than I had anticipated. A few big runs called back for holding penalties, and the defense coming up big in the red zone several times. The 'skins have some tough games ahead of them, so this was a much needed win.

Alex Smith continues to struggle. He had Vernon Davis wide open down field and badly missed him. Floyd proved why he continues to bounce around the league. Will probably be bounced out of the league come next year.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:13 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,488,508 times
What a strange strange season, this has to be the worst 6-3 team I have ever seen. As long as opponents continue to hand us the game we will be fine, but I don't see that happening. There is a guy on another board, hard core Kirk hater, who is actually blaming Davis and his old legs for that overthrow. LOL

Old 11-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What a strange strange season, this has to be the worst 6-3 team I have ever seen. As long as opponents continue to hand us the game we will be fine, but I don't see that happening. There is a guy on another board, hard core Kirk hater, who is actually blaming Davis and his old legs for that overthrow. LOL

This is starting to feel alot like 2008.. Everyone was celebrating a 6-2 start.. Though most of those wins were luck wins. No wins over 8 points.. It all fell apart in the second half of the season.

And, someone needs to tell Washington to stop drafting WR's. They do even worse with WR's than QBs in the draft. Just remembered that was the year they got Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas sandwiching Fred Davis.. Davis could have been a fine player.. We know how to get TE's..

Who was it that got arrested out by Tyson's Corner after being released? That wasn't Davis, was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football