Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 01:24 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
This team sucks now. We can only beat our horrible division and bad teams outside the division. Hell, it will be hard for us to beat the deadskins and eagles because cousins is playing and foles is kinda hot right now. I usually don't call for firing people but Garrett, Kiffin, Callahan, and Jones needs to be fired tomorrow. This is too embarrassing to fans for the boys to be playing so badly and giving up 23 point leads.

No arguing from me... everything you are saying is correct.

I said it a while ago... I'm just rooting for my team. but we definitely suck and all the aforementioned need to go. Add Romo to that list as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Great day today

Great day in the NFL.

Cowboys lose.
Eagles lose.
Redskins lose.
Giants lose.

I hate the NFC East.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Dez walked off the field with a minute to go. What a team player.
I blame Dez, but it's JJ who sets the whole tone for the entire team. It's his insistence on being right in the middle of the action that continues to undercut the authority of every coach on the staff. Hell, even when JJ admits he might have made a mistake in letting go of Rob Ryan (i.e. being too hands on and not having a damn clue about running a football team), he continues his folly. Case in point: being on the field before the game and chatting up Dez Bryant. Not the Robert Kraft pay on the back and 'Good game, see ya some other time' chat, but the motivational talk, such as the kind the coach ought to be giving. That's the problem: Jerry Jones really is the de facto coach of the team. Everyone on that team knows the coach is NOT Jason Garrett and Jason Garrett knows it as well -- he's just a glorified offensive coordinator, and I'm not even sure he's that, either. The 2nd half offensive play-calling made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

As bad as the dynamics are and as bad as the 2nd half coaching was yesterday, I think it also lands on Tony Romo's shoulders, too. Again, all he has to do is avoid the big mistake, and yet he throws two picks in the final minutes. He just cannot close out big games. His brain freezes in the biggest moments. I don't care what is QB rating says -- he sucks. The stats are not how you judge QB quality; it comes down to who knows how to make plays, and Romo just can't make them when it matters most.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:41 AM

320 posts, read 539,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
This team sucks now. We can only beat our horrible division and bad teams outside the division. Hell, it will be hard for us to beat the deadskins and eagles because cousins is playing and foles is kinda hot right now. I usually don't call for firing people but Garrett, Kiffin, Callahan, and Jones needs to be fired tomorrow. This is too embarrassing to fans for the boys to be playing so badly and giving up 23 point leads.
I agree 100%! This team needs wholesale changes TODAY. Everybody seriously needs to go, from the coaches on down. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with anyone that the team decides to send packing. To lose a game in which you had a 23 point half-time lead is beyond ridiculous. What's worse is that nobody should even be surprised by any of this. This team has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other team I've heard of.

Anyone who thinks that the Cowboys will win out and make the playoffs is delusional. I love the Cowboys but I also call it like I see it. I'm half expecting the 'Boys to roll into D.C. and get manhandled by a 3-11 team on Sunday. There's no reason for this team to be playing like this. The Cleveland Browns have a better upside than the Cowboys right now. Eventhough they lose they at least play hard and fight. The Cowboys just continue to want to make excuses for their sorry play and the owner/GM leads the band. Hopefully Jerry Jones will wake up and see that he is killing this franchise. But I won't hold my breath.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Great day in the NFL.

Cowboys lose.
Eagles lose.
Redskins lose.
Giants lose.

I hate the NFC East.
And we hate San Francisco

Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
It so damn hard to be a Cowboys fan these days. Every year we reach new lows. Every year, we redefine our worst lost in franchise history.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:30 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCT View Post
I agree 100%! This team needs wholesale changes TODAY. Everybody seriously needs to go, from the coaches on down. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with anyone that the team decides to send packing. To lose a game in which you had a 23 point half-time lead is beyond ridiculous. What's worse is that nobody should even be surprised by any of this. This team has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other team I've heard of.

Anyone who thinks that the Cowboys will win out and make the playoffs is delusional. I love the Cowboys but I also call it like I see it. I'm half expecting the 'Boys to roll into D.C. and get manhandled by a 3-11 team on Sunday. There's no reason for this team to be playing like this. The Cleveland Browns have a better upside than the Cowboys right now. Eventhough they lose they at least play hard and fight. The Cowboys just continue to want to make excuses for their sorry play and the owner/GM leads the band. Hopefully Jerry Jones will wake up and see that he is killing this franchise. But I won't hold my breath.
The talent is there. The Cowboys have had the talent to compete for the NFC title for probably the last half decade. Except for the Detroit Lions, there's no more under-achieving team in the NFL right now.

Thing is, with better and more respectable coaching, Tony Romo would have developed into arguably an elite quarterback. He basically is an elite quarterback in the first three quarters of games - it's the final five minutes that he blows, and as much as we can pin that on Romo, coaching is also a huge factor. I think of Mike Holmgren who basically had to handcuff the young and reckless Brett Favre. Without Holmgren, Favre would have been Romo before Romo became Romo. The coaching staff needs to instill discipline.

Enter Jerry Jones, who undercuts everything that every quality coach has tried to do over the past two decades since Jimmy Johnson left. He has to be down on the field giving advice; has to be second-guessing coaches in pressers; has to be giving pressers in the first place; has to be publicly rebuking the credibility of the coaches he himself hires. In the process, young and talented, but impressionable players - like Dez Bryant - understand that the 'Coach' is not the final word. If they don't buy into coach's game plan, then they'll air their grievances to Jerry and then the locker room becomes quietly divided. At minimum, the team fails to communicate and play like a team because the coach can't get the cohesion he needs.

I'm not saying Jason Garrett's necessarily a great coach, either. I think he's probably a little better than people are giving him credit for, but I don't think he's a championship caliber coach, either. I think he's a hold-over from the glory days, and he thought he could just be a friendly mentor to what has been a talented core of young players. Problem is, this team needs drill-instructor styled leadership, not compassionate and sympathetic mentoring.

This won't change because as much as people ride JJ and his team, once in a while, he actually gets a group that is so talented and he gets a coach who has just enough credibility long enough to actually deceive fans -- and himself -- into believing that they're getting closer, and that they just need more time to build chemistry, only to have some ugly, heart-wrenching loss unravel the team's psyche.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It so damn hard to be a Cowboys fan these days. Every year we reach new lows. Every year, we redefine our worst lost in franchise history.
I feel bad for your cheerleaders

Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I feel bad for your cheerleaders
I'd feel more sorry for Jacksonville's. They have NOTHING to cheer for...

Old 12-16-2013, 05:55 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
As long as Jerry Jones continue to run things like he is doing now, it's going to be hard trying to get a really good coach to come in there and deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football