Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 07:13 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,275,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's result: Cowboys lose to the Packers: 35-31

2017 Regular Season Record: (2-3)
2017 Division Record: (1-0)

Next Week: BYE, then @ 49ers

Once again, DO NOT GIVE AARON RODGERS EXTRA TIME. Apparently, no one in the organization has learned this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Here's wishing Dak had slid to the ground before scoring on his TD. I said when it happened now they'd lose ... just too much time left on the clock.
It was the pass play on 2nd down that was incomplete. That saved Rodgers about 35-40 sec, or their last TO. As soon as that happened, I knew that was a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 11:12 AM

20,524 posts, read 33,593,484 times
Quote:
Here's wishing Dak had slid to the ground before scoring on his TD. I said when it happened now they'd lose ... just too much time left on the clock.
The stupid 2nd down play where they passed the ball is more concerning. You don't throw the ball in that situation. You run the ball after Zeke just ran for 8 yards and get the first down. Forcing the Packers to use their last timeout. The next play, which would be a run most likely and if stopped, uses more clock. If Dallas eventually scored, the Packers have little time to mount that comeback. But this stupid coaching staff got cute and out thinks it self once again. They have done this constantly the last few years and it's a staple of Jason Garrett led offenses and teams. You know your defense sucks and you know they have Aaron Rodgers.

I'm done. I hate stupid coached teams and the Dallas Cowboys are a stupid coached team.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:50 AM

796 posts, read 506,227 times
Another close loss at home for the Boys. This coaching staff just don't get it. Haven't they learned to NOT give Rodgers time on the clock. We just cant keep losing these close conference games. I don't think Boys will make playoffs this year. We still have 5 division games left (2 with Eagles and 2 with Skins).

I even watched a video of Rob Ryan (our former d coordinator) go in on the last Packer TD drive and how poorly our LBs and DBs played and how bad the d coordinator and scheme was. He said Boys made it too easy for Rodgers.

I hope fans realize how much Romo had to go thru being QB for this team and how its gonna happen to Dak. Romo may have made those jaw dropping picks and mistakes at times but with our lackluster defense and poor o-line play...it puts too much on the QB. Our offense cant just be good or great...but it has to be flawless to win games. Offense gonna have to score 35 or even 40+ points to win games, especially against good to great teams.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times
dont forget that there is a lot of inexperience on the cowboys right now, lots of first and second year guys tryinng to get the job done, while learning on the job. and also dont forget that the cowboys have to deal with a lot of injuries as welll in the defensive secondary, as well as the linebacker corps.

s sure the defense could be better, much of that change is going to come through experience though, as well as trades, free agents, and the draft.

and the offense is also going to get better over time. i think once the crap that elliot is going through right now is done with, his game will pick up without that extra stress on him. the offensive line is starting to gel again, and tehy are getting back to what they were last year, again young players in different positions than they are used to playing. i mean take a right guard and put him at left tackle and he has to learn the new position. keep moving him around though an dhe is constantly learning new positions, that also takes a toll on young players.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:41 PM

fortunately the cowboys have a bye week, and then they take on the 49ers. that should give them time to heal and prepare.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:58 AM

I agree there is a lot of inexperience (rooks and 2nd year players) on the team right now. That's why its key to develop and properly coach players. That's an area the Boys are lacking in.

Jaylon Smith looked ok first game...but since then...I donno. He is getting a lot of focus right now. He had a bad injury and probably will never be the same as he was with ND.

I don't think Scandrick will be on team next year. He just hasn't looked the same since 2014 and had that season ending injury in 2015. Its puzzling how some of our former secondary players like Church, Carr, Claiborne and Wilcox look better when going to other teams. I know they may have more talent around them like the Jags D for example. Makes u wonder about our scheme and is Marinelli utilizing players to the best of their abilities.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:23 AM

i do question marinellis defensive scheme from time to time for sure, i think it spends too much on the back end of the defense, ie trying pressure the receivers, as oppose to containing the quarterback and getting pressure on them.

you can only defend a receiver for so long before they start getting separation from the defenders, and when you have quarterbacks like like rodgers and prescott who are mobile, you have to pressure them and contain them in the pocket, or they will hurt you badly.

i have noticed that a delayed blitz was effective against rodgers, when the containment was there. of course one also has to be aware of screen passes that will also hurt you.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:52 AM

3,267 posts, read 5,642,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i do question marinellis defensive scheme from time to time for sure, i think it spends too much on the back end of the defense, ie trying pressure the receivers, as oppose to containing the quarterback and getting pressure on them.

you can only defend a receiver for so long before they start getting separation from the defenders, and when you have quarterbacks like like rodgers and prescott who are mobile, you have to pressure them and contain them in the pocket, or they will hurt you badly.

i have noticed that a delayed blitz was effective against rodgers, when the containment was there. of course one also has to be aware of screen passes that will also hurt you.

Marinelli's Tampa II is a dinosaur. It's just ineffective. I'm no Rob Ryan fan but the guy is a pretty good defensive mind (His defensive schemes as a coach are just too complicated). Read this breakdown from the GB game. Long Hair, Don’t Care: Rob Ryan breaks down Cowboys’ ill-flow defense | Cowboys Wire

AR licks his lips and rubs his tummy when playing the Dallas pass D.

Another weakness of Marinellis' is he doesn't adapt his scheme to his players like he should ... he's just too rigid.

Also, Heath and Smith are hurting us, Scandy is slower, and Lee being out has cost us probably 2 games. Heath is abominable. A stud safety would help our team soooo much!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Marinelli's Tampa II is a dinosaur. It's just ineffective. I'm no Rob Ryan fan but the guy is a pretty good defensive mind (His defensive schemes as a coach are just too complicated). Read this breakdown from the GB game. Long Hair, Don’t Care: Rob Ryan breaks down Cowboys’ ill-flow defense | Cowboys Wire

AR licks his lips and rubs his tummy when playing the Dallas pass D.

Another weakness of Marinellis' is he doesn't adapt his scheme to his players like he should ... he's just too rigid.

Also, Heath and Smith are hurting us, Scandy is slower, and Lee being out has cost us probably 2 games. Heath is abominable. A stud safety would help our team soooo much!
That Tampa 2 scheme is so outdated. Marinelli needs to put a scheme and play calling to work best with the strengths of our players. U cant just let good to elite QBs just keep slicing and dicing the Boys D. The team/coach/Jerry decided to stay with Dak last year. He a 2nd year QB and u cant expect him to always try to play Superman like Romo did to win games...I feel for Dak because he is expected to do what Romo did and he only on his 2nd year.

That injury is preventing Smith from reaching his potential and Lee being out hurts for other linebackers. Heath isn't playing well this season and O Scan just haven't been the same since his 2015 injury. Anthony Brown has been beat a lot this season as well but Lewis and Woods look promising. Yes a stud safety would help...Boys very weak in that area.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Oh and no surprised Nolan Carroll was released!

Stephen Paea retired as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football