Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 PM

796 posts, read 505,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
You guys are talking about Dez Bryant. Dez caught some nice passes from Dak last season. The issue is very clear with Dez. He just doesn't have it anymore. He hasn't had it since the "was it a catch" game. He can no longer get the separation that the elites like Keenan Allen, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and AJ Green can get. On top of that, Dez can no longer jump up and get a pass anymore. I'm not going to put Dez's lack of production on Dak. I just don't think Dez is that prolific receiver anymore. Julio Jones went off for 258 yards yesterday! He has Sanu to help him on the field. I'm not going to say there's a sharp decline between Sanu and Williams or Butler. I know many Dallas fans don't want to admit it, but I just don't think Dez is THAT GUY anymore.
Agree that Dez caught some nice passes from Dak last season. There was a good chemistry between Dak and Dez...especially towards the end and certain games like vs Lions, Packers in divisional playoff game, etc. I thought that connection would've strengthened more this year, especially after seeing that 97 yr TD drive in preseason (yeah I know that's just preseason but still).

But ur right about Dez's ability to get separation. Like Romo said...u have to put the ball in perfect spots for Dez to get it. I still donno why the coaches not using Butler, Brown and Switzer more in pass game and as intermediate/deep threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 04:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
switzer is still learning the offense, since he is still kind of new to the cowboys, but butler should be used more than he is. as for noah brown, he is down the depth chart, and also a rookie this season.

brown and switzer have a number of roles in the offense though, and we should see more of them next season.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:37 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,923,904 times
Default Week 13

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Redskins: 38-14

2017 Regular Season Record: (6-6)
2017 Division Record: (3-1)

Next Week: @ Giants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGc_9VBYmDg

Old 11-30-2017, 09:44 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,399,116 times
BTW, Cowboys and Giants game in week 14 has been flexed from 4:25 to 1:00 ET. This will be the first time since 2005 that a Giants Cowboys game will be aired at 1:00 ET.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,669,453 times
The biggest difference between last nights game and the 3 previous was the defense... The defense consistently got stops.. either forcing a punt or a turnover.. This allowed the Cowboys offense, especially the running game to eventually find a groove.. they struggled early on and had the Redskins scored early and kept the ball away from the Cowboys as the Chargers did last Thursday, who knows what the 2nd half might have been like..

Old 12-01-2017, 07:24 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,617,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The biggest difference between last nights game and the 3 previous was the defense... The defense consistently got stops.. either forcing a punt or a turnover.. This allowed the Cowboys offense, especially the running game to eventually find a groove.. they struggled early on and had the Redskins scored early and kept the ball away from the Cowboys as the Chargers did last Thursday, who knows what the 2nd half might have been like..
Yep, those turnovers were critical, and they placed the Redskins at a major disadvantage, especially when combined with the string of injuries they were experiencing.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Didn't watch entire game last night. Good to get a win but doubtful if Cowboys can run table and get 10-6 and get a wildcard spot. Eagles too hot to loose out but it would be exciting to see Cowboys get a wildcard spot.

Impressed with Irving and Lawrence last night and see that Taco got a sack and forced fumble, which is good for him since many thought he was a bust or not showing enough flashes.

Dak didn't have any turnovers and threw a nice TD to Dez and put the ball where it needed to be for Dez. Would like to see more like that and for the passing game to keep improving. I know the run opens up for the pass but I would still love to see a dynamic passing game.

Giants benched Eli and starting Smith. Don't really know what to expect next game. 3 out of the last 4 games on the road.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:56 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,923,904 times
Default Week 15

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Giants: 30-10

2017 Regular Season Record: (7-6)
2017 Division Record: (4-1)

Next Week: @ Oakland

Eli comes back to a standing ovation... and two interceptions.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:12 AM

Great game yesterday particularly in 4th qtr. Dak getting his confidence back....him and Smith had a good game. And the D looks so much better with Sean Lee. Miss Irving though.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Great game yesterday particularly in 4th qtr. Dak getting his confidence back....him and Smith had a good game. And the D looks so much better with Sean Lee. Miss Irving though.
i think dak has had plenty of confidence, its the rest of the offense getting their confidence back, morris specifically. when elliot started his suspension, morris was very tepid running the ball, like he wasnt sure about himself and what he needed to do. but he has gained his confidence running the ball and is starting to look like his old self again.

i also think the rest of the team is regaining their confidence in prescott as well, and they are stepping up. it also does help that the defense is playing much better in the last few games as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football