Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2017, 08:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
If you're down to a 3rd string QB in the NFL is it really going to matter at that point? Probably not. Tough break on losing Wentz but if Foles stays upright and on the field the Eagles should be fine. Lose Foles and you have a moral victory for a great start to the season.
if foles goes down to injury, then it would behoove the eagles to pick up a short term quarterback, assuming it happens during the season. if ti happens in the playoffs, and the eagles end up losing a playoff game as a result, then no need to pick up a QB since their season is over at that point.

but there are a bunch of better QBs for the short term than kaepernick. the eagles are going to need someone that is at least as good as foles, and wont upset the apple cart in the locker room or on the field. RGlll comes to mind. he can throw the ball well, and can run the ball as well. you just need to let RGlll be RGlll on the field.

another would be manziel, like him or not, but he is working to get his act together, and get back into pro footballl. in fact there is a CFL team in talks with him right now for next season.

another out there that might be a decent choice, given the weapons the eagles have, is kellen moore. he does have NFL game experience and has performed decently for the cowboys, and if it hadnt been for cooper rush he would still be on the cowboys roster.

so there are plenty of good quarterbacks out there for the eagles to pick through should they need one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 08:14 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,466,446 times
Manziel is a disaster and RGIII physically shouldn't be on a football field. Kellen Moore would be my choice out of all that mess of potential backups just from the fact he's decent and seems like he'd not rock the boat in the locker room too. The others would bring a circus with them.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:51 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,938,490 times
Quote:
Manziel is a disaster and RGIII physically shouldn't be on a football field. Kellen Moore would be my choice out of all that mess of potential backups just from the fact he's decent and seems like he'd not rock the boat in the locker room too. The others would bring a circus with them.
So true.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
i agree that manziel USED TO BE a disaster, but he has been working to clean up his act recently. as for RGlll what is wring with him physically?

that said, as i noted there are many others the eagles can pick through on the open market. they are not just limited to these three.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:48 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,466,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree that manziel USED TO BE a disaster, but he has been working to clean up his act recently. as for RGlll what is wring with him physically?

that said, as i noted there are many others the eagles can pick through on the open market. they are not just limited to these three.
RGIII just hasn't been the same physically since the playoff game he got hurt in and was left in and not taken out. I'm not sure it's all physical but there's certainly some mental block and he just hasn't been the same since. I never personally thought he was a great QB, just a great athlete playing QB.

The Eagles should be fine with Foles and a backup of Sudfeld who knows the offense and has been learning all season long. The OL is really going to have to step up their game as are the receivers to help out whoever is behind center.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
RGIII just hasn't been the same physically since the playoff game he got hurt in and was left in and not taken out. I'm not sure it's all physical but there's certainly some mental block and he just hasn't been the same since. I never personally thought he was a great QB, just a great athlete playing QB.

The Eagles should be fine with Foles and a backup of Sudfeld who knows the offense and has been learning all season long. The OL is really going to have to step up their game as are the receivers to help out whoever is behind center.
i agree with you on RGlll being a great athlete playing QB, but i think you are not giving him credit. remember he was trying to learn how to be a drop back passer instead of the running qb he was, and that hurt his game. thats why i say, you need to let RGlll be RGlll.

and i agree that the eagles are fine for now. but if foles goes down, they will need a back up for sudfeld.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:55 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^^This. I'd only get another QB if Foles get hurt. And not freaking Kaepernick. The team has a great chemistry right now, you don't need some loud mouth ruining it. RGIII is a better potential QB anyway.
I'm not a CK fan... but he's better than Griffin. Griffin could not make the Browns... think about it.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:44 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,938,490 times
Billboard on I-95 in Philly. They believe in Christmas miracles down here.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times
It's game day. Let's go St. Nick.
Hopefully, this will be their last road game.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:40 AM

8,701 posts, read 14,703,262 times
LG Stefen Wisniewski is out. That stinks!

Everybody else is in and healthy... except everyone on IR. Miss you Carson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football