Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 07:44 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

Can't wait to see the game Sunday, thinking Seahawks and Packers should be in a fight to the finish for the NFC!

I'm sure Falcons and Cowboys think so, too but being a Packers fan, plus knowing how Schneider and Carroll are, Packers and Seahawks are the teams to beat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 06:41 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
I am a true Hawks fan, but today's game is bothersome for many reasons.

No offensive production whatsoever. (Except for a freak late first half drive that garnered 3 points.)

You can't get to another Super Bowl with such lousy offensive production. And yes, the offensive line is still terrible.
Coaching was awful, too. 12 men on the field, resulting in the winning GB TD. Unacceptable.

On the plus side, the defense played well. And the Hawks were robbed with the so-called "punching" penalty on Jeremy Lane that cost them a legitimate interception/touchdown by rookie Nazair Jones in the first half. A couple of other questionable calls, but good teams can move past those.

But overall, I am concerned. This is not the way to start an NFL season.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 09-10-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I am a true Hawks fan, but today's game is bothersome for many reasons.

No offensive production whatsoever. (Except for a freak late first half drive that garnered 3 points.)

You can't get to another Super Bowl with such lousy offensive production. And yes, the offensive line is still terrible.
Coaching was awful, too. 12 men on the field, resulting in the winning GB TD. Unacceptable.

On the plus side, the defense played well. And the Hawks were robbed with the so-called "punching" penalty on Jeremy Lane that cost them a legitimate interception/touchdown by rookie Nazair Jones in the first half. A couple of other questionable calls, but good teams can move past those.

But overall, I am concerned. This is not the way to start an NFL season.
The offensive line especially in the first half didn't do their job..there was a improvement in the second some what.
I noticed a big difference in decision making by Wilson, either he and his receivers weren't on the same page or play calling by the coaching didn't account for what the Packer defense was giving them.
What I mean by this is when Rodgers was pressured, and he was most of the game, he was able to make plays.....When Wilson was pressured not so much.

I think the biggest goof by officials was when Graham was mugged in the end zone...an obvious foul.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:15 AM

The way Wilson and company played in the opening game I wouldn't count my chickens with any confidences in the game against the Santa Clara 49ers.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:29 PM

Today's victory over SF wasn't pretty, but we'll take it.

That being said, I think most 12's are a bit worried. Too many dropped passes. Russell seemed off the mark on most of his passes except for the winning one in the 4th quarter, and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Also too many penalties.

Glad to see the first TD this season by the Hawks come finally in the 4th of game 2. That is somewhat alarming.

It is way too early to hit the panic button, but there are still major concerns about this team. If they can find answers they will be OK.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Today's victory over SF wasn't pretty, but we'll take it.

That being said, I think most 12's are a bit worried. Too many dropped passes. Russell seemed off the mark on most of his passes except for the winning one in the 4th quarter, and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Also too many penalties.

Glad to see the first TD this season by the Hawks come finally in the 4th of game 2. That is somewhat alarming.

It is way too early to hit the panic button, but there are still major concerns about this team. If they can find answers they will be OK.
We could attribute some of the dropped pass problems to the rain, I suppose, and be encourage some by the unexpected successful running of rookie Chris Carson. The biggest problem continues to be the offensive line, and lack of protection for Wilson. Improvement there will help both the running and passing game, but I don't see a lot of optimism for that to happen soon enough.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 AM

Lets look at the closely...Seattle had 21 first downs to 11 for SF. Seattle held SF to 89 passing yards. Rushing, yes Seattle give up two long runs that only produced one field goal for SF. Seattle had zero turnovers.
Nine penalties didn't help and a lot of those penalties were just plain stupid on Seattle's part. My God... blocking in the back on a punt return is so stupid. So is offensive and defensive holding...come on.... these are supposedly professional football players who should know by now the rules. Jumping off sides or lining up off sides is another act of stupidity.

Now I agree with Hemlock140 that the offensive line is a problem, a major problem. Wilson having to roll out is not a good game plan but a necessity. Wilson was sacked three time when he stayed in the pocket.

Now in my opinion, Seattle better look long and hard at both Rawls and Lacy as having any real meaningful contribution to this team. Rawls, who only carried the ball five times for a lousy four yards, has not shown he has it any longer since he broke his ankle last year. He seems to me as very tentative. Not sure about Lacy but the coaching staff seems not to want to use him at this time. I am wondering what is going on with both players.

Its Seattle defensive that is their greatest strong point and yesterday and the game against GB shows they are the reason the Seahawks will most likely make the playoffs...but beyond that and poor play by Wilson and poor play calling by Bevell, I don't think the SuperBowl is in Seattle destiny.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
I enjoyed watching Lacy in Green Bay. I'm glad he spoke out about this. Helps to reveal how nasty & ugly people can be. He deserves better.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I enjoyed watching Lacy in Green Bay. I'm glad he spoke out about this. Helps to reveal how nasty & ugly people can be. He deserves better.
If and when Lacy gets the ball and produces then he will gain respect, but not before. He will become just another in a long list of has beens.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:32 PM

Even though the Hawks lost to the Titans today, I actually am somewhat pleased with some areas of the game. The offense seemed to get it together in the 2nd half. Wilson looked sharp in the 2nd act. However, just as surprising the defense gave up too much in the same half. Again, too many penalties, and this becomes a coaching issue more than anything else. Richard Sherman is too smart to cause so many stupid penalties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football