Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 02:51 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
That is a whole lot of wishful thinking....But I take it you are a Dallas fan so you can dream your dreams, but when the big show comes around next year it will be the same result. Broken dreams....

I'm a Niners fan but, ok. Whatever floats your boat.
You seem to have cornered the market on prognostication.

I don't think it's too farfetched to say that an average back can do well (1100-1200 yds) behind one of, if not the best, Oline in the league.

Last edited by jaypee; 03-13-2015 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 02:54 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
that's the first time in his career he lost a game because of an interception. Do you even know how many winning drives within the last 3 minutes he has had? A LOT.

I see how that can be a good talent.
But, on the other hand, with the number 1 defense in the league giving him good field position, why does he need to lead so many last-minute comebacks?

It's not a knock on Russell, specifically, just a general question overall: is a QB that leads alot of comebacks necessarily better than one who blows everybody out (or able to hold/extend leads) and needs no comeback at all?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:47 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
that's the first time in his career he lost a game because of an interception. Do you even know how many winning drives within the last 3 minutes he has had? A LOT.
My point is that the poster I quoted is throwing out weak arguments as to why Seattle will have an easy path to the NFL title, so I figure I would throw a weak argument back about the Seattle Seahawks.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:51 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I guess as long as Seattle is not in a position where Wilson has to make a key throw to win the game, it should be smooth sailing next season for the Seahawks. Wouldn't want Russell throwing another awful interception to lose a big game.
Yes that was a terrible play and I am sure a lot of non Seattle fans would be complaining about the game was boring if that pass had been completed.
But why is it you failed to mention the two picks that Brady throw earlier?

Old 03-14-2015, 12:04 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I'm a Niners fan but, ok. Whatever floats your boat.
You seem to have cornered the market on prognostication.
Well at least my boat is afloat unlike SF.

Quote:
I don't think it's too farfetched to say that an average back can do well (1100-1200 yds) behind one of, if not the best, Oline in the league.
Yes, I understand Reggie Bush is in Dallas looking for a job.....Like I said, in another post, Romo without a back of Murray talent will revert back to passing the ball and we all know the result of that over those 8-8 seasons.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:24 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
New England and Green Bay seem to falling apart as the free agency plays out.
?
Green Bay has had a very good free agency. They take care of their own, & build up players through the draft. They rarely are interested in bringing on players from other teams. Same story as every year with Ted Thompson. CBS sports gave the Packers the best off season grade of any team.

2015 NFL Free Agency Grades: 32 grades for 32 teams but only one A - CBSSports.com

Quote:
Age will be the downfall of the Packers and less so the Patriots. Cutting players like AJ Hawks and Wilfork,etc. without adequate replacement will hurt both teams.
Hawk has always been a consistently average player. His play slipped this last season & he spent most of his time on the bench while losing his job to Sam Barrington. Hawk is not a big loss & he frees up a lot of money.

Regarding age, Packers team is younger than the Seahawks, & last season had the 6th youngest team.
Ranking NFL teams by age: Rams youngest, Raiders oldest

Seahawks bringing on Graham really surprised me. It'll be interesting to see what he adds to the offense.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:40 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Quote:
But, on the other hand, with the number 1 defense in the league giving him good field position, why does he need to lead so many last-minute comebacks?

It's not a knock on Russell, specifically, just a general question overall: is a QB that leads alot of comebacks necessarily better than one who blows everybody out (or able to hold/extend leads) and needs no comeback at all?
As a Niners fan you should remember the niners of the 80's. Montana was the king of comebacks and when they won superbowl XVI they came back in under 2 mins to win the game. If I remember correctly they had the #2 D that year and there were many games Montana had to come from behind. It was also the year of "The Catch" which was the championship game right before SBXVI in which again he had to drive down the field with seconds left.

You can't question the number of comeback from Wilson as to speculate it's his fault,maybe your'e not but that's how I'm reading it because your second paragraph kind of contradicts your first. I can't stand the Hawks but I do have respect for Wilson and I think he's a great qb that will only get better. Point being there's been a lot of great qb's who've had to constantly make last minute comebacks,also think Elway

Old 03-16-2015, 11:46 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
The Seahawks certainly have offense issues, but Wilson isn't one of them. I'm not arguing that he's a truly elite QB, but he's certainly very good and has the potential to be great. He's probably just outside the top 10, which is still very good.

The Seahawks' have had two glaring offensive weaknesses for the last two seasons: 1) Thin OL. Last year when their OL was fully healthy it was pretty decent, but unfortunately they don't have the depth to sustain any major injuries. During the first half of 2014 Wilson's protection was terrible. Currently it's still their most glaring weakness. 2) Mediocre WRs. Doug Baldwin is average, and despite a few spectacular catches, so is Jermaine Kearse. It's still kind of early to know how good Richardson and Lockette are, but they probably aren't much better than average.

Now that they have Jimmy Graham, their weakness at WR isn't as much of an issue, but their OL needs major work.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:31 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I think Wilson's legs put him in a unique class. He scrambles, gains yards, moves the chains but does not put himself in harms way. He is still evolving as a pocket passer but I don't know too many Qbs I would take over Russell..

Old 03-17-2015, 11:33 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think Wilson's legs put him in a unique class. He scrambles, gains yards, moves the chains but does not put himself in harms way. He is still evolving as a pocket passer but I don't know too many Qbs I would take over Russell..
Which is why he is going to get PAID with his next contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football