Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Great video. That is now on my Facebook page lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 06:12 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
This is the latest forecast for NYC. If the high is close to 50 the weather should not be a issue.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I wish I knew the college stars more. Is there a Russell Wilson out there? Probably NOT an Andrew Luck (no I don't think Johnny Football qualifies). Its already a big thing on ESPN I think. Mock college drafts. Kinda like predicting the order of finish in NFL divisions. After RGIII's career so far, people might look harder at college superstars. And try to see in them what was missed with RGIII. What no one really said prior to the first season was that he was reckless with his body. For all his skills, he lacked the calmness to get out of the way of big crushing defenders. They liked to talk about the inability of Michael Vick to play a full season. Well, RGIII PLAYED. But how good was that for the team? He became like a show animal for the fans who went out there and everybody held their breath, wondering when he'd get killed. So that has to reflect on the next batch of college stars. The ones with the most skills, do they have that mental X-factor that keeps the best players on the field?
I haven't been looking to hard at QB's because I feel like we are good with Osweiller and Dysert. (In fact, I think Dysert would make a better successor to Manning.) But there is a lot of hype about Johhny Manziel... I don't really believe in putting rookie quarterbacks into the starting line-up, no matter how good they are.

I prefer to have quarterbacks train for a couple years under the starter before they get upgraded to starter, they seem to have more success that way.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
My wife bought me a Bronco shirt to wear to the big party on Sunday. As much as it hurts me to wear it I will support the home team.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I haven't been looking to hard at QB's because I feel like we are good with Osweiller and Dysert. (In fact, I think Dysert would make a better successor to Manning.) But there is a lot of hype about Johhny Manziel... I don't really believe in putting rookie quarterbacks into the starting line-up, no matter how good they are.

I prefer to have quarterbacks train for a couple years under the starter before they get upgraded to starter, they seem to have more success that way.
First, aint it awesome what ad producers can put out there these days. The MUSIC in that video was worthy of a movie sound track. That ought to get Broncos fans foaming at the mouth! High five!!!!

OK, I think maybe its right to work rookie QBs into the rotation. Just from the standpoint of giving them longer careers! If they did limited snaps their rookie year, they could make the mental adjustment to the speed of the game. I think for Geno Smith to be thrown in the water to learn to swim or drown may develop him faster one way, but it creates a mental shock the recovery from which only psychologists can guess. One adverse part of taking a QB later in the draft is that GMs without much wisdom may vacuum them up just for the lure of them to fans to come to games. We have the Number One Pick, buy your tickets now to see him perform! An easy solution to the owner's revenue problem. I think if a lot of teams throw rookies out there, it is sort of a Darwinian solution to finding who can stand up to the brutality. Maybe a substitute for wisdom in the front office. And with the right attention to RGIII's supporting cast (not the ones on his broken limbs), Dan Snyder MIGHT come out proven right. But does anyone seriously believe Dan Snyder can fulfill that requirement? This really is what sucks a person into NFL football. Not the suspense of which hit will end a season, but which front office can somehow "get it right". I am all admiration for John Elway. He aint just a championship QB, he is a thinker to me.

Last edited by Beenhere4ever; 01-31-2014 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: correct typos

Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
First, aint it awesome what ad producers can put out there these days. The MUSIC in that video was worthy of a movie sound track. That ought to get Broncos fans foaming at the mouth! High five!!!!

OK, I think maybe its right to work rookie QBs into the rotation. Just from the standpoint of giving them longer careers! If they did limited snaps their rookie year, they could make the mental adjustment to the speed of the game. I think for Geno Smith to be thrown in the water to learn to swim or drown may develop him faster one way, but it creates a mental shock the recovery from which only psychologists can guess. One adverse part of taking a QB later in the draft is that GMs without much wisdom may vacuum them up just for the lure of them to fans to come to games. We have the Number One Pick, buy your tickets now to see him perform! An easy solution to the owner's revenue problem. I think if a lot of teams throw rookies out there, it is sort of a Darwinian solution to finding who can stand up to the brutality. Maybe a substitute for wisdom in the front office. And with the right attention to RGIII's supporting cast (not the ones on his broken limbs), Dan Snyder MIGHT come out proven right. But does anyone seriously believe Dan Snyder can fulfill that requirement? This really is what sucks a person into NFL football. Not the suspense of which hit will end a season, but which front office can somehow "get it right". I am all admiration for John Elway. He aint just a championship QB, he is a thinker to me.
Good points, my fantasy is that Manning and Elway realize Dysert is a better passer than Brock and give him the training to come out in a couple years and blow away the people who don't realize he exists right now.

Just for fun, who are you eyeing for our first pick in the draft? I don't know if he will be available by our pick but I would LOVE to see Ryan Shazier in a Broncos jersey, could you imagine him and Von Miller on the same team?

Oh, and how about a pump up video for all the Broncos fans here, just watch this when you have had it with all the talk about the Seattle D:

Denver Broncos 'Four Horsemen' Highlights - YouTube

Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Good points, my fantasy is that Manning and Elway realize Dysert is a better passer than Brock and give him the training to come out in a couple years and blow away the people who don't realize he exists right now.

Just for fun, who are you eyeing for our first pick in the draft? I don't know if he will be available by our pick but I would LOVE to see Ryan Shazier in a Broncos jersey, could you imagine him and Von Miller on the same team?

Oh, and how about a pump up video for all the Broncos fans here, just watch this when you have had it with all the talk about the Seattle D:
That a compilation of Peyton's passes? I can see the fans find that better than meth (lol). I really like Eric Decker. To me he's like Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, and Riley Cooper. He'll be there for a while and some QB will pump up his record throwing to Decker. Add the other 3 Horsemen, and you have a pretty nice offense.

By the way, can Elway somehow get his guys to stop violating substance rules? Where might the Broncos be with unnecessary suspensions? I'm not dumping on the team, its just like a few other places. Like the loss of Aldon Smith in SF. Come on, guys, be professional! This is your living and could be your families bread and butter!

Last edited by Beenhere4ever; 01-31-2014 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: correct grammar

Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
It's tomorrow, guys! I'm so excited (and nervous)!

Old 02-01-2014, 02:05 PM

The uncertainty is only about a day and a few hours yet.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
EarthCam - Fish Bowl I

Just 4 fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football