Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 09:28 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Ryan Mallett now reunited with Bill O'Brien. Keenum is the odd man out - cut today.

Danieal Manning - good chance he returns after being cut last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 02:50 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ryan Mallett now reunited with Bill O'Brien. Keenum is the odd man out - cut today.

Danieal Manning - good chance he returns after being cut last year.
I think Mallett will prove to be (eventually) the quarterback that the Texans are looking for to get them to the Super Bowl. He's got a lot of good ability and movement. For right now, he'll just be competing with Tom Savage for the backup role.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I think Mallett will prove to be (eventually) the quarterback that the Texans are looking for to get them to the Super Bowl. He's got a lot of good ability and movement. For right now, he'll just be competing with Tom Savage for the backup role.
Depends on how Fitzy does... it may not take long for Mallett to move up the chain since he is familiar with what BOB does.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:14 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Depends on how Fitzy does... it may not take long for Mallett to move up the chain since he is familiar with what BOB does.
I don't have that much confidence in Fitzy. My guess is, he'll be here and gone before season's end.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I don't have that much confidence in Fitzy. My guess is, he'll be here and gone before season's end.
Agree... stop-gap at best. But hey - even in mediocracy, the job pays well.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:56 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
They gave Watt a 100 MM$ extension! Hope he stays healthy as the highest paid defensive player ever.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:02 AM

28 posts, read 17,391 times
Houston has already secured major future events such as the 2016 NCAA Final Four. Add to this Houston's four stadiums all less than 15 years old and some of the newest expansion teams in the NFL and MLS (Major League Soccer). What more could a sports fan ask for?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:06 AM

26 posts, read 32,267 times
Ryan Mallett is so great that the Patriots have been trying to trade him for two years, he's thrown 4 career passes, a month ago it was reported that they wanted Andre Johnson and a 2nd rd. pick, now they decided they didn't want him and was desperate to deal him for a 7th rd. pick..

If the Texans hadn't traded for him, he'd have been released.

Mallett was barely able to complete much higher than 50% of his passes at Arkansas.

What makes any Texans fan think he's going to be successful? If he was a good QB, Belichick wouldn't have wanted to get rid of him and he surely wouldn't have dealt him for a 7th rd. pick.

The Tennessee Titans have one of the most brittle QB's in all of professional football in Jake Locker. They decided to cut Ryan Fitzpatrick in favor of Charlie Whitehurst. If Fitzpatrick couldn't keep his job as a backup over Charlie Whitehurst, why are the Texans signing him to be a starting QB?

I love the Texans, but I fear that this is how it's going to play out..

Fitzpatrick will start the first 3-4 games and will probably play just well enough to not have the fans on his lawn threatening his life.

At that point, O'Brien will put in Mallett.

Andre Johnson will get injured.
Arian Foster will get injured.
Brian Cushing will get injured.
Clowney will struggle at OLB.
The loss of Antonio Smith and Earl Mitchell will be felt.

Mallett will play absolutely pathetic and the Texans will be picking in the top 5 again.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 AM

26 posts, read 32,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceThomas View Post
Houston has already secured major future events such as the 2016 NCAA Final Four. Add to this Houston's four stadiums all less than 15 years old and some of the newest expansion teams in the NFL and MLS (Major League Soccer). What more could a sports fan ask for?
Winning teams.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTNLATX View Post
Winning teams.
You beat me to the punch...

-----------------------------------

Also - in case you missed it... Keenum signed by the Rams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football