Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:34 AM

306 posts, read 319,513 times

Advertisements

Owen Daniels is done for the year, not 4-6 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
Did you bother reading this thread? This has been covered already.

Friendly banter........ENGAGE!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

What in the hell are you talking about?

Did you bother reading the thread? THIS WAS BROUGHT UP BY OILDOG ON PAGE 5. I was responding to him and letting him know he is out for the year and not 4-6 weeks.

Before you call someone out, I suggest that you read the thread.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-05-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
What in the hell are you talking about?

Did you bother reading the thread? THIS WAS BROUGHT UP BY OILDOG ON PAGE 5. I was responding to him and letting him know he is out for the year and not 4-6 weeks.

Before you call someone out, I suggest that you read the thread.
I think it is you, my dear friend, that needs to go back and read the thread. Oildog said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think he will be out 4-6 at least...may be back after the surgery
And the very next post after from jfre81 read as such:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Daniels is done for the year. He won't even have the surgery for a couple weeks.

Now, moving on,

friendly banter.............ENGAGE!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 AM

^ Yes, and I was confirming what jfre81 stated.

If you have a problem with that then I really don't care. If you have a problem with us talking about Owen Daniels injury then go to another thread.

I would love it! You are not going to brush arrogance and rudeness off on me with a belittling attitude.

Another thing, don't call me "my dear friend". I am far from it.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-05-2009 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I would expect to see both of them. Indy's D is a bit soft against the run (17th in the league) and that's probably the team's biggest weakness. I would expect the Texans to use their backs to pound away, take screens and such.
The Colts are 10 point favorites in this game; I don't see how. The Texans should have split with the Colts last year; and the Texans are a problem match up for the Colts. Slaton killed last year against the Colts. I think he and his crew of backs will be the X factor no doubt. I think the Texans are going to keep this within single digits; I don't see how anyone can pick the Colts -10 in this spot.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
I'm gonna be as polite as I can be here....takes a little trying but here goes.

I posted that link because it came up as to how long Daniels was going to be out. Oildog said 4-6 weeks with the possibility of being . I found from nfl.com that Daniels won't even have the surgery for at least a couple weeks so a return this season will be nearly impossible with this being Week 9. So it appears that you, Toxic Toast, might brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Friendly banter, right?

Now for the line for Sunday's game - you might factor in three things: they're playing in Indy; there will be no Owen Daniels; the Texans' running game is still a bit questionable as they face a team whose run defense may be its biggest weakness. We have yet to see whether Ryan Moats is for real, but we may know whether yes or no soon enough.

The Texans changed their gameplan after Daniels went down and proceeded to blow out the Bills, but the Colts have had a whole week to break down that film. It's a matter of keeping the pressure on Schaub and the coverage on Johnson. They do that, they win. Houston's defense is underrated but they haven't faced Peyton yet.

I like the Texans' chances better when they come to Houston later. I do think a split is possible as this is a pretty good Texans team but I don't see them winning in Indy.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna be as polite as I can be here....takes a little trying but here goes.

I posted that link because it came up as to how long Daniels was going to be out. Oildog said 4-6 weeks with the possibility of being . I found from nfl.com that Daniels won't even have the surgery for at least a couple weeks so a return this season will be nearly impossible with this being Week 9. So it appears that you, Toxic Toast, might brush up on your reading comprehension skills.
I was simply pointing out that what urban lover posted was a repeat of what a previous poster (in this case yourself) had posted already.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 11-05-2009 at 12:36 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,341 times
Quote:
Damn. he was one of the best guys on my team. Nice to see the Texans go to the playoffs.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

Rumor is Sanders needs some elbow surgery...out for 4 more weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football