Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2023, 10:01 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Being in the same division with the Jets, you're going to play them. I'd want to get them early while Rodgers and the offense are still trying to get the kinks out.

If the Jets are going to be a factor, things most likely will get clicking midway through the season. By then everyone will know if the honeymoon is over between Aaron and the fans/media.
I have to admit, I think I'm more interested in the Jets right now than anyone else. I mean this could go all kinds of ways and I've never gone out of my way to watch a Jets game before.

I'm neither for them nor against them, it's just interesting.

I'm a Bears \ Chiefs fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 09:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 6,932,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have to admit, I think I'm more interested in the Jets right now than anyone else. I mean this could go all kinds of ways and I've never gone out of my way to watch a Jets game before.

I'm neither for them nor against them, it's just interesting.

I'm a Bears \ Chiefs fan.
Funny!!!

I echo your post. It's been YEARS since I've given the Jets a second thought. I did get some interest in the team last year after they added their part time 3rd string - part time 4th string (practice squad) quarterback Chris Streveler from my Alma mater U. of South Dakota.

Now, the circus that's going to surround this team, is far too interesting to ignore. I'm NOT a Aaron Rodgers fan. However, I'm hoping that they'll be good enough to make this year more fun with their matchups.

I'm a Vikings / Chiefs fan who've always been a follower of the Bears (my next favorite team) ever since the Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers days.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:43 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,865,290 times
Jets now have signed 8 former Packers this offseason.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Allen Lazard
WR Randall Cobb
S Adrian Amos
OT Billy Turner
QB Tim Boyle
WR Malik Taylor
OT Adam Pankey

I'll probably be cheering for the Jets along with the Packers, at least in week 1, lol. It's Green Bay East.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:18 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Jets now have signed 8 former Packers this offseason.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Allen Lazard
WR Randall Cobb
S Adrian Amos
OT Billy Turner
QB Tim Boyle
WR Malik Taylor
OT Adam Pankey

I'll probably be cheering for the Jets along with the Packers, at least in week 1, lol. It's Green Bay East.
Wow! That is interesting. As a Giant fan, that is going to be a good game when they play this season.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:43 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
It is, I'm like Ever, I'll be following the Jets, too. Pack fan but I watch a lot of football, follow some NFC teams, a few AFC.

I'm older just like football. I've seen your don't forget about Giants posts! I don't, hope they have a good year.

Jets will be interesting to see how this team comes together with AR leading them. Going to be fun.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:05 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It is, I'm like Ever, I'll be following the Jets, too. Pack fan but I watch a lot of football, follow some NFC teams, a few AFC.

I'm older just like football. I've seen your don't forget about Giants posts! I don't, hope they have a good year.

Jets will be interesting to see how this team comes together with AR leading them. Going to be fun.

I can only hope! I've been a Jets fan since they were the NY Titans and it's been a loooooooooooooong dry spell since SB III with occasional flashes of small successes,

Old 09-11-2023, 09:28 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
Opening the 2023 season-with a 22-16 win over Buffalo in overtime on a 65 yard punt return by Xavier Gipson!

And in regards to Aaron Rodgers--looks to be his Achilles. Very very unfortunate.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-11-2023 at 09:41 PM..

Old 09-12-2023, 05:31 AM

336 posts, read 182,216 times
Bummer, I wonder if the Jets will quit signing washed up Packer Quarterbacks now?

Packers lose the 1st Rd draft pick obtained for Mr. Rogers and will have to settle for Number 2

Not that much fun anymore.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:31 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Jets won the game, good for them. Achilles for AR, won't be back, he'll be 40 in Dec., what now?

Shawn is right, no 1st rounder for the Packers, I wonder will Rodgers just retire now? Hard to say.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Opening the 2023 season-with a 22-16 win over Buffalo in overtime on a 65 yard punt return by Xavier Gipson!

And dumb long-time Jets fan that I am I was tired, turned in and missed the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And in regards to Aaron Rodgers--looks to be his Achilles. Very very unfortunate.

Time for Zach Wilson to step up and prove he was worthy of being a second overall pick. What troubled me last year was he didn't seem to have that vision that allows the really great QBs to see what virtually every player on the field is doing. Hopefully that's a skill that can be developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football