Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

And also, any estimates on how many you think would come?

I would any of my remaining family members and maybe some of my cousins and close friends would attend, but really, it's not something I worry about. When you're dead, you're dead right? I mean it's a nice thought to know people love you, but I'd rather people try to celebrate my life in some way -even if it's just one or two close to me, that is if there's anything worth celebrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
No funeral no worries about who is or is not there.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Idc, but it will be mandatory that everyone wear white.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

I would any of my remaining family members and maybe some of my cousins and close friends would attend, but really, it's not something I worry about. When you're dead, you're dead right? I mean it's a nice thought to know people love you, but I'd rather people try to celebrate my life in some way -even if it's just one or two close to me, that is if there's anything worth celebrating.
Only thing I want for my funeral is a lot of jokes and for people to have a good time. I don't care if it is five guys drinking beers and spreading my ashes or 500.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Funny that this thread was made. I'm going into surgery soon to get a large cyst removed soon along with a possible hysterectomy and though it's a pretty routine surgery my morbid mind always thinks of the worst case scenario and plans for it. I told my husband if anything happens I don't want a funeral, rosary, viewing, etc. I want him to cremate me and spend the least amount of the life insurance money on my dead body. My thinking is I'm dead and what do I care. I told him to spend the money on a house for him and the children and a private school I've picked that I want the kids to go to. I homeschool them now and the private school I have found would be the best transitional school for them. If everything is fine- which will most likely be the case, and I die later in life, I still want the same thing.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Funny that this thread was made. I'm going into surgery soon to get a large cyst removed soon along with a possible hysterectomy and though it's a pretty routine surgery my morbid mind always thinks of the worst case scenario and plans for it. I told my husband if anything happens I don't want a funeral, rosary, viewing, etc. I want him to cremate me and spend the least amount of the life insurance money on my dead body. My thinking is I'm dead and what do I care. I told him to spend the money on a house for him and the children and a private school I've picked that I want the kids to go to. I homeschool them now and the private school I have found would be the best transitional school for them. If everything is fine- which will most likely be the case, and I die later in life, I still want the same thing.
Haha, you'll be right.

Actually it's all those darn funeral insurance ads I'm seeing on TV that make me think about this. And well my two remaining grandparents are almost at that age too...

Old 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
I want to be cremated and all that. But I wouldn't mind if a lot of people turned out for my funeral. It would be a comfort to my survivors and it means that a lot of people cared enough about me to attend.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I don't even want to attend my own funeral.

Did you see Charlie's funeral on Two and Half men ? All the women had a chance to spit and curse at the body. I'm afraid I'd invite the same abuse and as a dead guy, who needs the hassle ?

I'm also going to make sure the check bounces to the funeral home.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 AM

349 posts, read 616,349 times
I don't want a funeral. My family already knows my wishes.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

So far this year we have put to reast my sister, my cousin, the preachers wonderful wife and my grandma and its just May.

The number in attendance is suspose to reflect how much the person was "loved" but IMO people often attend to support family members or church members as much as the deceased. The funeral is for the living.

I doubt I would have many in attendance. My family and friends are dropping like flies. I keep mostly to myself these days and Im not a very good Christian. My plans are for cremation and after my grannys funeral recently I'm definately not having the traditional service. I figure my boys can throw a "party" at my house with a BBQ and a keg, everyone can get up and say a few words then they can spread half my ashes in the pond. The rest are going in my urn and set up on the ledge over the window to stay for all eternity. I told the kids if they sold the house they have to put in the contract that the new owners keep my ashes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology