Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 05:20 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Wow...just wow!

I'll do this cuz I honestly don't think it's worth me getting banned as a result of telling you what I really think of you and your opinions. You may join the others in my ignore list. Enjoy your life of ignorance and hatred.
You've misinterpreted what this person was attempting to explain to you.

You should quite seriously reread what they've stated here...They're on your side!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Being black cannot be compared to being gay or transgender, you fool. Honestly, if someone ever says that to me n person there's going to be trouble.
A person born transgender had no say so in the matter just as a black person had no say so in what color she or he was born. So yes, it can be compared.

And as far as the N word (which was never mentioned) im willing to bet that you probably have no problem with the g, h, q, and f words being said just as long as nobody says the N word because, hey, who cares about them (trans), right?

Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
You've totally missed the point here...

When heterosexuals say that they don't want homosexuality forced down there throats, they mean that the LGBT community should remain less seen and less heard. They shouldn't be forced to see it or hear about it. They say things like, "It's alright if you're gay, but do you really have to hold hands while walking down the street! For gods sake! It's daylight and children are still walking about..." Most heterosexuals don't want to see or hear about anything gay. If there's a gay character on a TV show, many will turn to another channel, because they just don't want to witness it. It actually repulses them to that point.

This is the same thing that 3rdGen SFan, is saying about heterosexuals in relation to gays. Gays see heterosexuals on TV, at work, at school, at the library...Everywhere!!! Based upon how heterosexuals interpret something being "forced down their throats", a gay person could very well say the same thing, due to the fact that gays are constantly being presented with heterosexual behaviors. ie...

A woman kisses her husband off for work. A teenage boy and girl hold hands while in a movie theater. A man and woman are hugging and kissing in the park. Countless scenes on TV and Netflix showing romantic scenes between a man and a woman.

Therefore, since gays are forced to deal with casual heterosexuality, then it should only be fair for heterosexuals to have to deal with casual homosexuality.
Hi - thanks for your kind answer For me, "shoving something down my throat" means this - that a person with some quality (whatever it may be) decides that their rights are the ONLY important right, and if I do not accept you, then it is not acceptable.

I dont care about benign things like two guys walking down the street holding hands, etc. this was the cry of the gay community in the early 2000's. then it became more activist and now instead of "let us alone just to live our life and we want to be able to see our sick or dying partners in the hospital as we are considered family",, now to "if you dont bake us a cake for our gay wedding, Christian Baker, we will totally eff up your life and sue you and demand that you bake us a cake even if it goes against your core beleifs. In this case, the gay couple IS shoving their lifestyle on the christian baker's throat and this is what I personally am against. I can agree that the gay couple could be married, no problem, but when it comes to my example, this is what I strongly believe is wrong. do you see the difference in the two scenarios? the only time I want a gay couple to shut the eff up is with things like the forcing Christian baker to go against his conscience.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Hi - thanks for your kind answer For me, "shoving something down my throat" means this - that a person with some quality (whatever it may be) decides that their rights are the ONLY important right, and if I do not accept you, then it is not acceptable.

I dont care about benign things like two guys walking down the street holding hands, etc. this was the cry of the gay community in the early 2000's. then it became more activist and now instead of "let us alone just to live our life and we want to be able to see our sick or dying partners in the hospital as we are considered family",, now to "if you dont bake us a cake for our gay wedding, Christian Baker, we will totally eff up your life and sue you and demand that you bake us a cake even if it goes against your core beleifs. In this case, the gay couple IS shoving their lifestyle on the christian baker's throat and this is what I personally am against. I can agree that the gay couple could be married, no problem, but when it comes to my example, this is what I strongly believe is wrong. do you see the difference in the two scenarios? the only time I want a gay couple to shut the eff up is with things like the forcing Christian baker to go against his conscience.
The only problem with that line of thinking, is the fact that we all live in America. America, is a country with laws. In fact, we're all supposed to live by the law. That's exactly what being "law abiding" means. Here within the United States of America, it is illegal to discriminate against people because of the race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, etc..

In many states, it's against the law to refuse service to a homosexual, just like it would be illegal to refuse service to an African-American. In fact the Senate has passed legislation that would make discrimination against any member of the LGBT community, a federal crime (ENDA). It's currently, awaiting Congress to follow suit.

Once we open our business doors to the public, any member of that public who has sufficient cash to purchase the goods or the services being offered, is entitled to the very best that business has to offer. That's despite any opposing opinion held by any member of that business. As long as a potential customer is respectful, peaceful, and has sufficient means, all accommodations should be granted without relent.

In this case, the only thing the gay couple is attempting to push or "shove", is cash! It's the Christian Bakery attempting to "shove" their own perception of morality down the potential customer's throat...

Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
Much as leftists would argue to the contrary, you cannot force acceptance. You cannot coerce one group of people into liking or welcoming another group. People cannot be bullied into love.

Rather than accept this fact, homofascists have instead set about to do this very thing, utilizing a combination of shaming, branding and harassment to harangue people into silence. This doesn't in any way, shape or form lead to 'acceptance' or even 'tolerance,' but the truth is that they don't care. Because their goal never was equality, it was subjugation. Ideas and practices that run contrary to the homofascist agenda (conservatism, religion, military tradition and order, all of heterosexuality etc.) must either be forcibly co-opted or obliterated.

The key is to stop being pushed around. These people represent, at best, 4% of the adult population. That is an absurd minority. Don't let these bullies rob you of your freedom to think and do as you like. You no more need to accept them than you do an unwanted stranger forcing themselves into your house. Your thoughts are your own, and the day that ceases to be the truth, is the day we stop being humans.
WOW...Just WOW!

I totally missed what you were saying that first time around. I actually thought that you were being supportive of Amy1190 and the LGBT community. However, that thought was quickly obliterated, once I went over your posted response.

In actuality, you're being absolutely intolerant of LGBT rights. In fact, you most probably think that the LGBT community isn't entitled to any rights at all, just because, as you put it, "These people represent, at best, 4% of the adult population".

One day conservatives, traditionalists, the religious right, and those who prefer militaristic intervention as opposed to political resolution, will all be made to eat crow, deep down within the abysmal dungeons of their own ignorance.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:45 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
A person born transgender had no say so in the matter just as a black person had no say so in what color she or he was born. So yes, it can be compared.

And as far as the N word (which was never mentioned) im willing to bet that you probably have no problem with the g, h, q, and f words being said just as long as nobody says the N word because, hey, who cares about them (trans), right?
It's funny how racism is so ingrained into white people's psyche. They can't think clearly because of it. A transgender person can be any color, race or ethnicity so your comparison doesn't make any sense logically. Also, transgender people were not born the way they are. They have been surgically altered to appear to be the opposite sex when in fact they are not.

I don't personally have any hate for transgender or gay people. I do find them a bit strange and unnatural though. The thing is that people are free to do what they want in this world as long as they aren't hurting anybody.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:48 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Can you explain further?
There is a serious miscommunication between the mind and body going on.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
It's funny how racism is so ingrained into white people's psyche. They can't think clearly because of it.
Yeah, you mean that same way that transphobia has been ingrained into your personal psyche.

Quote:
A transgender person can be any color, race or ethnicity so your comparison doesn't make any sense logically.
The point here, was the fact that racism is created by people who have phobias concerning one's race. Similarly, discrimination against the transgendered is fostered by people who have phobias concerning a person's perceived gender. The lives of both groups are negatively affected by imagined, baseless, and irrational fears, called phobias.

Quote:
Also, transgender people were not born the way they are. They have been surgically altered to appear to be the opposite sex when in fact they are not.
Here, you quite obviously have no idea what you're talking about! Transgenderism and homosexuality are both congenital conditions. It's not a choice, nor is it something found beneath the knife of a surgeon. Of course, post-op transsexual have had sex reassignment surgery for the purpose of making their bodies appear to be more aligned with their mental psyche. However, they were still transsexuals prior to any surgery taking place. They were just pre-op transsexuals.

Quote:
I don't personally have any hate for transgender or gay people. I do find them a bit strange and unnatural though. The thing is that people are free to do what they want in this world as long as they aren't hurting anybody.
Yeah, statements like that are most frequently made by racist whites concerning blacks, too!

Quote:
There is a serious miscommunication between the mind and body going on.
Yes, Chicago South Sider, there is indeed some quite serious miscommunication between your mind and reality going on there!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
The only problem with that line of thinking, is the fact that we all live in America. America, is a country with laws. In fact, we're all supposed to live by the law. That's exactly what being "law abiding" means. Here within the United States of America, it is illegal to discriminate against people because of the race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, etc..

In many states, it's against the law to refuse service to a homosexual, just like it would be illegal to refuse service to an African-American. In fact the Senate has passed legislation that would make discrimination against any member of the LGBT community, a federal crime (ENDA). It's currently, awaiting Congress to follow suit.

Once we open our business doors to the public, any member of that public who has sufficient cash to purchase the goods or the services being offered, is entitled to the very best that business has to offer. That's despite any opposing opinion held by any member of that business. As long as a potential customer is respectful, peaceful, and has sufficient means, all accommodations should be granted without relent.

In this case, the only thing the gay couple is attempting to push or "shove", is cash! It's the Christian Bakery attempting to "shove" their own perception of morality down the potential customer's throat...
Your argument is one I've heard before, and I've thought about it - is it akin to keeping blacks from eating at a white restaurant? or colored water fountains?

the difference is this - morals. and boundaries. Asking the Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding is asking the christian to participate in the gay wedding because the baker is creating an emblem/symbol for something he loathes and is against his conscience.

it would be akin to asking a rape victim to celebrate a party for their rapist. its that distasteful. And it goes against their moral conscience.

it is like the KKK demanding that I bake a cake for them. It is that distasteful.

You will say that gay people are not the KKK or rapist, but I am giving you examples of what that means to the christian baker.

so the cake in this case is not a transaction like any other bread or cake, it has a moral meaning..

To christians, the gay lifestyle is not just a civil issue, it is a moral issue. thats where the problem happens. gay people view things in a way that is one thing, but morally different to another.. and thats where the clashes happen. I know exactly where the gay person is coming from and i totally get where the christian is coming from. I lived with both groups of people many years of my life and i totally get it. But i disagree with the gays on this issue.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Your argument is one I've heard before, and I've thought about it - is it akin to keeping blacks from eating at a white restaurant? or colored water fountains?

the difference is this - morals. and boundaries. Asking the Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding is asking the christian to participate in the gay wedding because the baker is creating an emblem/symbol for something he loathes and is against his conscience.

it would be akin to asking a rape victim to celebrate a party for their rapist. its that distasteful. And it goes against their moral conscience.

it is like the KKK demanding that I bake a cake for them. It is that distasteful.

You will say that gay people are not the KKK or rapist, but I am giving you examples of what that means to the christian baker.

so the cake in this case is not a transaction like any other bread or cake, it has a moral meaning..

To christians, the gay lifestyle is not just a civil issue, it is a moral issue. thats where the problem happens. gay people view things in a way that is one thing, but morally different to another.. and thats where the clashes happen. I know exactly where the gay person is coming from and i totally get where the christian is coming from. I lived with both groups of people many years of my life and i totally get it. But i disagree with the gays on this issue.
Integration can also be considered as a "moral" issue. Many whites feel as though blacks are either subhuman, or less intelligent than whites. They therefore, use this belief along with the biblical curse of the descendants of Ham, to socially and politically discriminate against blacks. They attribute various societal social ills to the presence of blacks dwelling within our society.

Likewise, human sexuality is also considered as a "moral" issue. It is thought by many, that if you don't have sex in the conventional manner, between a man and a woman, that you're somehow an "immoral" person. This is a belief that we've inherited from the bible and our Judeo-Christian European roots. The same roots that condoned slavery, misogyny, and the subjugation of women.

This is the very reason that we should continue to maintain the traditional and legal practice of maintaining a clear barrier between church and state matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology