Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 04:26 PM

719 posts, read 989,186 times

Advertisements

Much as leftists would argue to the contrary, you cannot force acceptance. You cannot coerce one group of people into liking or welcoming another group. People cannot be bullied into love.

Rather than accept this fact, homofascists have instead set about to do this very thing, utilizing a combination of shaming, branding and harassment to harangue people into silence. This doesn't in any way, shape or form lead to 'acceptance' or even 'tolerance,' but the truth is that they don't care. Because their goal never was equality, it was subjugation. Ideas and practices that run contrary to the homofascist agenda (conservatism, religion, military tradition and order, all of heterosexuality etc.) must either be forcibly co-opted or obliterated.

The key is to stop being pushed around. These people represent, at best, 4% of the adult population. That is an absurd minority. Don't let these bullies rob you of your freedom to think and do as you like. You no more need to accept them than you do an unwanted stranger forcing themselves into your house. Your thoughts are your own, and the day that ceases to be the truth, is the day we stop being humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 05:01 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,028,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
Much as leftists would argue to the contrary, you cannot force acceptance. You cannot coerce one group of people into liking or welcoming another group. People cannot be bullied into love.

Rather than accept this fact, homofascists have instead set about to do this very thing, utilizing a combination of shaming, branding and harassment to harangue people into silence. This doesn't in any way, shape or form lead to 'acceptance' or even 'tolerance,' but the truth is that they don't care. Because their goal never was equality, it was subjugation. Ideas and practices that run contrary to the homofascist agenda (conservatism, religion, military tradition and order, all of heterosexuality etc.) must either be forcibly co-opted or obliterated.

The key is to stop being pushed around. These people represent, at best, 4% of the adult population. That is an absurd minority. Don't let these bullies rob you of your freedom to think and do as you like. You no more need to accept them than you do an unwanted stranger forcing themselves into your house. Your thoughts are your own, and the day that ceases to be the truth, is the day we stop being humans.
Wow...just wow!

I'll do this cuz I honestly don't think it's worth me getting banned as a result of telling you what I really think of you and your opinions. You may join the others in my ignore list. Enjoy your life of ignorance and hatred.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,028,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
People are often a lot meaner on the internet compared to real life.

This forum is dominated by middle-aged people and older people. Another forum I frequent is dominated by people under 30, and most users are either indifferent to or supportive of trans people. The users also condemn their parents and grandparents for their intolerance. It's a generational thing.
Yeah, I realize that and how coming back to this forum recently maybe wasn't such a great idea on my part. It seems to be dominated by much older people who aren't exactly bastions of open mindedness. I don't think it's a generational thing as such as I am close friends with a guy whose 42 and is one of the most open minded people I know. People CHOOSE to be ignorant and cruel, especially when there's so much information out there at our fingertips.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,171,605 times
If one's brain disagrees with one's DNA, it's incredibly irrational to change one's body rather than one's mind.

Not that sex-change surgery or hormonal "treatments" can alter a chromosome pair, but I digress...

Old 06-14-2014, 07:10 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,907,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Just wanted to ask why transphobia is still widely accepted and almost encouraged by people? I had a pretty bad experience in another section is this forum having bore the brunt of some nasty comments. I just wondered if we will ever live in a time when transphobia is no longer tolerated just as racism and homophobia are not. It just seems to me that people are ignorant for the sake of being ignorant despite their being so much information out there now on the web.

Phobia = fear

I think most people have a tolerance level which is constantly assaulted by those who champion what they feel near and dear to. Ignorance? I don't think so...see my opening sentence.
Phobia and tolerance are different topics.

Homophobia is a liberal buzzword and racism is a progressive's favorite catch-all word. Both are tossed about too freely and quite often fail.
I think progressive liberals suffer from toleraphobia - a fear of rational tolerance.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:16 PM

834 posts, read 1,220,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post

You wrote out well what more and more people realize. I am amazed of how many have not realized what's going on, but as soon as they hear it, they are aghast. Schools conduct plays with boys put in female costumes to 'role play'. Here in Hawaii the LBGTs tried to classify in sex ed the anus as a sexual organ ?!? Small business getting threatened with lawsuits, companies and organizations boycotted, churches harassed, locker rooms and bathrooms are not safe for our daughters and wives anymore.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:20 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,616,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
It's more like the media's shoving Miley Cyrus's over-sexuality down girls' throats.

You're lucky to know someone like her. I never have met or had a transgendered person for a friend, but I did have a transvestite online chat buddy and have had gay, lesbian and bisexual friends throughout my offline life.
Hi - well then you know my experience. There are people that are a particular way and they dont make any big deal out of it. it makes sense - originally, people who were different (like gay or black or disabled or whatever) just wanted to be accepted as mainstream,,, I think i even hear now that they say "we're just like you". ok so if that is true, then I will treat them as any other person, NOT as a "disabled girl" or "black girl" or gay girl but just as a girl.

What irks me is when people get activist over it and activism is ok to a point, but it crosses the line when they FORCE it on others. Rather than be persuasive and let someone naturally let acceptance become a good thing to embrace.

I am pretty tired of activists, who push an agenda on those and actually cause the other to be harmed (i.e. the hetero baker who chose NOT to bake the wedding cake for the gay couple because it would be against the christian baker's morals to do so. Rather than this gay couple to say ok i will find another baker, they caused a lot of trouble for the christian baker. this is what pisses me off. After many such incidences and the current "shove it in your face activism" I can NO LONGER SUPPORT THE GAY COMMUNITY IN GENERAL. I will NOT attend, cheer, nor march in the yearly pride parade as it goes thru my city this year and forever. I'm totally turned off against these gestapo tactics.

As for my transgendered friend, I still care for her as a PERSON. my gay freinds and acquaintances at work, I dont look at them as gay, but as just people i care about. I think they have made an impact on me better than some transgender (or any person) shoving their agenda where it is not wanted.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,616,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Yeah, I realize that and how coming back to this forum recently maybe wasn't such a great idea on my part. It seems to be dominated by much older people who aren't exactly bastions of open mindedness. I don't think it's a generational thing as such as I am close friends with a guy whose 42 and is one of the most open minded people I know. People CHOOSE to be ignorant and cruel, especially when there's so much information out there at our fingertips.
Amy, you are showing intolerance as much as you hate it in others, you are doing the same to those who oppose your opinion. Maybe if you re-read your paragraph you will see why some people are having issues, only YOUR issue is that you are intolerant of what you view as intolerance of others. Try a little tolerance yourself.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:42 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,353,566 times
I personally don't get why people have to publicize anything having to do with their sex life including their sex organs. Who the f.... heck cares, really? Live your life. Be a good person. God bless you. But what the flip reason do you have for sharing that with me? I will deal with you how? I'll pass you in the produce aisle? We may meet at the gas pump? If you work with me you better maintain your professionalism. Don't pull a male member out in the women's room or I will seriously give you grief about it. Really? Who cares? People are discriminated against for all kinds of reasons. Everyone on this forum has experienced it in some form or another. Grow up and get over it. Live your life. Find joy inside of yourself. Go forth and prosper.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:03 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Most people just don't want to be bothered by the personal problems of others. I know I don't. I mean I'll deal with it when things come up but I don't go seeking it out either. Being a transgendered person seems to come with baggage and since the odds are low that anyone will actually run into transgendered people it's not an issue important enough for most people to think about.

Everyone has their own problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology