Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 02:31 PM

218 posts, read 241,924 times

Advertisements

Max, my dog, is not "speaking" to me at the moment. He sniffed my new slipper socks that I got yesterday and wore all day at my son's house, and realized that I had spent time with some 'other' dogs!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. I sure did, even if Max is mad at me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 07:06 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,359,729 times
Well, ‘Someone’ must’ve read my last post, because my second freezer just went kaput last night. The high is forecasted to be in the low 70s, so can’t store the food outside. I now have to spend the day cooking all the meats before they go bad, and eating what we can.

Eat, eat, eat. Soooo tired of eating after the last couple of weeks of celebrations.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:29 AM

35,079 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaatar516 View Post
Max, my dog, is not "speaking" to me at the moment. He sniffed my new slipper socks that I got yesterday and wore all day at my son's house, and realized that I had spent time with some 'other' dogs!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. I sure did, even if Max is mad at me now.
I'm sure it's "ruff" not communicating with Max. Would Max normally speak in English?

Old 12-27-2018, 09:49 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,222,483 times
The power was out for a couple of hours yesterday. Oh, the horror! I didn't know if we were going to make it. Almost pulled out the generator, but it finally came back on. Had to reset a couple of devices. Hope that never happens again!

Old 12-27-2018, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Well, ‘Someone’ must’ve read my last post, because my second freezer just went kaput last night. The high is forecasted to be in the low 70s, so can’t store the food outside. I now have to spend the day cooking all the meats before they go bad, and eating what we can.

Eat, eat, eat. Soooo tired of eating after the last couple of weeks of celebrations.
Ugh, I need to go on a post holiday diet but I've still got to get through these leftovers. Will it never end?????

Old 12-27-2018, 03:18 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ugh, I need to go on a post holiday diet but I've still got to get through these leftovers. Will it never end?????
Better than being STUPID enough to get shirts custom tailored right before holiday gluttony fest. Maybe I can use them as an undershirt.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Better than being STUPID enough to get shirts custom tailored right before holiday gluttony fest. Maybe I can use them as an undershirt.
Don't feel bad - I bought skinny jeans right before the holidays. Now I can barely breathe.

The upside is that they are a constant reminder that I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:40 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know. Someone brought a dessert, something I would normally never have in the house, and while it was smallish, I ate the whole thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-27-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I know. Someone brought a dessert, something I would normally never have in the house, and while it was smallish, I ate the whole thing.
That's OK - I figured out that yesterday over the course of visiting and whatnot, and many hours, I drank a whole bottle of wine. But that's not all, oh no..I also ate popcorn, and a piece of pie, and some leftover casserole, and several cookies (as in 6) AND then I remembered with horror that I also ate - standing up so it doesn't count, right? - a whole bowl of some sort of whipped cream and pudding ambrosia stuff, the likes of which I NEVER have in my house. What is that - 4000 calories? Who even knows at this point?

On Christmas Day, I ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and sausage, and then had Christmas dinner (but hey, NO SECONDS) and THEN had popcorn and an Icee at the movies! MY GOSH. No wonder my pants are tight! I am surprised I can even fit into them at this point.

One good thing, which I am currently regretting but not for long - I gave away all my "fat clothes" earlier this year after I lost 30 pounds. So at least I am not back into those sizes, but the clothes I bought at my skinniest are definitely too uncomfortable to wear right now - and they also don't look good on me.

Thank goodness for big sweaters.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
The drearies have descended on the PNW. I feel like hibernating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology