Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 AM

326 posts, read 200,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
My father-in-law, mother-in-law and I were in Japan on business several years ago. Apparently, one of the more popular food places in Japan is Mister Donut. We were working in Iwakuni and decided to visit Hiroshima for the day, stopping at Mister Donut for breakfast.

The donuts looked great, but some were a little weird (a hot dog donut??? Really???).

I was looking for some sort of cream filled donut, as was my MIL. She decided on one that looked like it had milk chocolate cream and cinnamon sugar on top. I had thought about it, but decided it just didn't look enough like milk chocolate.

When she took her first bite, she immediately ran to the bathroom to get rid of it.

That's right. She had purchased a curry gravy donut.

So Kathryn, have fun with your curry.

Happened to me in Tokyo at Au Bon Pan.Seafood when expecting something sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:38 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
"The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later." and yet the email said it was shipped don't send me a damned tracking number unless it's moving

Old 11-12-2016, 07:00 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
I have pretty bad insomnia. A few nights ago, we had dinner and saw a movie with friends. It was downtown, about 25 minutes away from our house. When I turned in for the night, I remember thinking, "Man, I hope I don't end up laying awake half the night."

Then, as I snuggled under my blankets, I suddenly remembered that on the way home, we'd driven through a couple of blocks where the city's homeless population generally congregates. There was a light rain, and people were huddled together on pieces of cardboard on the sidewalk. They were probably also thinking, "Man, I hope I don't end up laying awake half the night." And this wasn't even in a third world country. I told myself that even if I ended up laying awake half the night, at least I'd be warm and dry.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:26 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
"The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later." and yet the email said it was shipped don't send me a damned tracking number unless it's moving
Amen! I have learned that what actually happens, is the seller prints the shipping label. This gives the prompt that it has been shipped. But, they may not actually put the item in the mail until who knows when.

This is the trick for ebay and Amazon sellers to keep in good standing with ebay and Amazon, for instance. They keep their good rating for fast shipping, when all they really did was print the label immediately. Frustrating.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:29 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
The ice dispenser on my fridge quit working and now I have to get the ice out with my hand. In winter. #lifeissohard

Old 11-12-2016, 09:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
There was a bake sale for a teen Christian association today outside the Safeway in town, and the sun had actually come out and it was a lovely afternoon. They had chocolate brownie trays that looked so good, and i thought they'd be perfect to take to a Thanksgiving dinner I've been invited to.....but I realized my freezer was too full to fit it in. So, I just bought an individual chocolate cupcake to eat right then and there instead.

But, I really wanted that brownie tray. Life is so hard when your freezer is too full of food to buy more food.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:40 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
My cat likes to sleep on my lap for long periods of time and I can't move for the duration of her nap. Currently I would like to get up, but I can't disturb her.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I have too much stuff. It's wearing me out.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:31 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
Quote:
#lifeissohard
LOL I think I'll steal that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
This is the trick for ebay and Amazon sellers to keep in good standing with ebay and Amazon, for instance. They keep their good rating for fast shipping, when all they really did was print the label immediately. Frustrating.
Yes, it was ebay! I hadn't shopped there in so long that I'd forgotten about that trick. It was actually shipped Saturday from FL and delivered today, in CA.

Quote:
I have too much stuff. It's wearing me out.
I hate stuff. I hate too much stuff even more.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:01 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
Today my 1st world problem is:
Why is it that anyone who practices yoga has to talk so much about it? Shut the heck up.

I like the "idea" of yoga, but to me, it seems like bragging about doing it, and talking people's ears off about it kind of goes against the whole "thing." Can't you just do it, and love it, and not have to tell everyone about it?

At least if I just drink, I don't go yammering on and on to people about drinking.

Which is why drinking is superior to yoga. It doesn't involve the imperative to draft others. It's like the Jehovah's Witness of exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology