Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 02:59 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I was shaving my legs in the tub and felt a bump of some kind so I pressed really hard with the razor in case it was an ingrown hair and put a gash in my shin about an inch long. This was 3 hours ago and it still hurts and now I have to wear a Band-Aid.

Note to self: buy better quality razors.
Oh man. This actually made me clench my butt cheeks in empathy for you.
You probably should skip work for the week, don't you think? I mean, you nearly amputated your own leg!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 03:08 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
I was shaving my legs in the tub and felt a bump of some kind so I pressed really hard with the razor in case it was an ingrown hair and put a gash in my shin about an inch long. This was 3 hours ago and it still hurts and now I have to wear a Band-Aid.

Additional note:

Stop pressing on bumps with sharp objects.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:02 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
LOL! I don't know what I was thinking.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:52 PM

218 posts, read 241,507 times
Went shopping for shoes over the weekend. Tried first pair on, fit perfectly, put them in the cart. Tried second pair on, fit perfectly, put them in the cart. Checked out, came home, and happened to look at sizes. First pair was 7 1/2, second pair was 6. Sure wish the rest of me would lose 1/2 a size in just a couple of minutes.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:14 PM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
Went to Blaze Pizza Kitchen the other day and got a pizza that just screamed "me!"

Oh boy was I eager to eat that pizza. Like a typical millenial, IT HAD TO FIT ME.

150 steps later (I know because I kept track on my uber cool garmin watch) I reach for my phone in my pocket not knowing that the bottom of the pizza box wasn't attached to the top.

F#*$&%# environmentalists and their cost-saving measures whilst attempting to be eco-friendly ruined my day, my pizza and my week after that.

Never going to Blaze again.

(Please note the sarcasm, but man... Can't tell you how many Yelp reviews I've read that have read this way. It's a little scary).

Old 11-22-2016, 04:39 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times
Quote:

Owwwww! This post should have come with a warning!! it hurt to read it lol!

Old 11-22-2016, 09:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I almost had a heart attack on my way home this evening. As my bus ride was coming to an end, I reached into my backpack front pocket for my keys. It is where I always put them.

They weren't there.

So I thought, maybe I put them in the other pocket with my wallet.

No keys.

Then I searched the main compartment.

No keys.

Then I thought, oh no, they fell out of my bag at my work desk. And I would meet to go back to work. This would have meant 2 buses or a ride via uber/lyft that would take 30 minutes. And obviously I didn't have my car keys so it was transit or ride sharing. I started thinking about the bus schedule to head back to the office.

Then I went back to my front pocket. Pulled everything out. I felt around and uncovered a slip pocket. My keys landed in there.

Phew.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaatar516 View Post
Went shopping for shoes over the weekend. Tried first pair on, fit perfectly, put them in the cart. Tried second pair on, fit perfectly, put them in the cart. Checked out, came home, and happened to look at sizes. First pair was 7 1/2, second pair was 6. Sure wish the rest of me would lose 1/2 a size in just a couple of minutes.
Fingers crossed you can return them. That happened to me once and the store didn't let me return or exchange.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:39 PM

I completely forgot about the other problem this week. The office manager told us there was a hummus recall. And they had to remove all of our individual packets of hummus from the break rooms. And our snack vendor did not have a replacement. What am I going to dip my baby carrots in during the meantime? How am I going to create a balanced snack with fat and protein? Peanut buttter? Eat them plain? Eat with string cheese? So hard.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:20 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,069,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I completely forgot about the other problem this week. The office manager told us there was a hummus recall. And they had to remove all of our individual packets of hummus from the break rooms. And our snack vendor did not have a replacement. What am I going to dip my baby carrots in during the meantime? How am I going to create a balanced snack with fat and protein? Peanut buttter? Eat them plain? Eat with string cheese? So hard.
Emergency Pizza delivery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology