Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 08:31 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times

Advertisements

I can't wear my favorite heels because I bought new shoes that put 1/8 inch GASHES in my heels and they are still raw and I had to send the shoes back which really ticks me off because they were such a good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 05:22 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How will we ever get rid of all the leftovers after today's dinner? Going to take a month just to finish the Turkey. What to do with all the left over pies and dressing. Every year we have to go through this. It's torture I tell you pure torture.
My contribution is similar. It's the dilemma about whether to cook one turkey or two for the holidays, so there will be enough leftovers. Those in Third World countries worry about having anything at all for dinner. The really funny thing about this, is that when I posted a similar response to the one or two turkey question on the Food & Drink Forum, my message was removed and I was given an infraction. Apparently, that was offensive to those who felt entitled to as many turkeys (and everything else) as they wanted.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I almost had a heart attack on my way home this evening. As my bus ride was coming to an end, I reached into my backpack front pocket for my keys. It is where I always put them.

They weren't there.

So I thought, maybe I put them in the other pocket with my wallet.

No keys.

Then I searched the main compartment.

No keys.

Then I thought, oh no, they fell out of my bag at my work desk. And I would meet to go back to work. This would have meant 2 buses or a ride via uber/lyft that would take 30 minutes. And obviously I didn't have my car keys so it was transit or ride sharing. I started thinking about the bus schedule to head back to the office.

Then I went back to my front pocket. Pulled everything out. I felt around and uncovered a slip pocket. My keys landed in there.

Phew.
I found my house key in my pants cuff. A year later.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Oh, I can relate to this! Losing track of your keys is the worst. It is on a par with losing track of your phone.
Just don't ever put your address on your key chain. I knew a guy who always did this, insisting that it was essential, so if anyone found his keys, they could return them to him. Of course, when he lost them, someone went to his home and cleaned out the valuables. But they left the key in his door, so he actually did get it returned.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:50 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
My wife used to lose her keys, almost daily. She also tends to misplace her phone, but just generally around the house. Eventually we bought Tile, which attaches to a keychain.

It allows the person to use an app on their phone to locate their keys. Likewise, the person can use the Tile to locate their phone by pressing a button.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:11 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
My blush powder lasts a long time! I have enough in a single container for several years. But its container broke. The lid is now in two pieces. What a pain!

Old 12-01-2016, 12:45 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
I bought a new lint-roller with refills (Scotch), and it just does not work as well on pet hair as the older ones I had (Evercare). So I had to buy a bunch of the Evercare refills, but since I only had one Evercare roller, and they are not interchangeable, I had to also buy another Evercare roller too, so I can have one in the house and one in my car.
Now I'm stuck with the Scotch roller and refills that don't work well, but I don't want to throw them out, because I paid for them.

So I guess my first-world problem is that I actually have specific preferences for lint-rollers, and I feel distress when I use one that I find inferior.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
My wife used to lose her keys, almost daily. She also tends to misplace her phone, but just generally around the house. Eventually we bought Tile, which attaches to a keychain.

It allows the person to use an app on their phone to locate their keys. Likewise, the person can use the Tile to locate their phone by pressing a button.
Oh I forgot. I got one of these as a gift. I should regift.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How will we ever get rid of all the leftovers after today's dinner? Going to take a month just to finish the Turkey. What to do with all the left over pies and dressing. Every year we have to go through this. It's torture I tell you pure torture.
First World solution: ship your leftovers to some poor starving kid in Africa.

First World dilemma: doing so will increase the world's carbon emissions by having to box up the food, take it to the shipping facility, have them drive it to the airport, have a plane (or two or three) fly the package to Africa, then have some smelly Third World diesel-belching truck transport it to the starving kid.

So here's your First World trade-off: give your unknown young benefactor an extra day of life in the short-term, but take off a second or two of his life in the long-term.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
Do I break behind this truck or cut this guy off coming up in the passing lane.

*swerves left*

Sorry loser, next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology